PDA

View Full Version : New Best at Hallsville today!

StormShadow
12-20-2003, 08:41 PM
Today I put down my very first 12 second pass. I ran a 12.75@ 106.55 on my first pass and backed it up with a total of 8 12.7's with a best of 12.717 @ 107.08. This had to be by far the most fun I've ever had at the track, even though I was the only person that I knew there. Hallsville will be closed this coming weekend and back open on the weekend of the 3rd-4th. I am planning on going back and would love it if some of you could join me.

Band
12-20-2003, 09:05 PM
Congrats!!!

I plan on goin my first available weekend that Hallsville is open....to get my stock time.

Frank02L
12-20-2003, 10:00 PM
Hallsville will be closed this coming weekend and back open on the weekend of the 3rd-4th. I am planning on going back and would love it if some of you could join me.

Congrats on your new bests! I'll be down there when the motor is done and the cage is in! :D on 28" slicks shooting for some LOW 11s. It may be the end of Jan before I get it all done though! :)

02BOLT
12-21-2003, 12:09 AM
Congratulations Bro!:tu: Welcome to the 12's!:nana2

Later,
Rob:burnout:

L8 APEX
12-21-2003, 12:47 AM
Anything less would be uncivilized:tu:

my2002lightning
12-21-2003, 02:07 AM
Adam,

What all do you have done to your '03?

Frank02L,

Searcy, AR.? You know of Stan/Ruslow? He's in your "neck of the woods"/Rogers.

Good job! :burnout:

Ronald

StormShadow
12-21-2003, 09:12 AM
[QUOTE=my2002lightning]Adam,

Chip, filter , 4lber, tb, electric fan/water pump, line valve mod, traction bars, and slicks. All courtesy of PR, much props Terry :bows I figure I'll be 12.4-12.5's once I get a torque converter.

(afterthought) Most importantly I learned how to launch.

99WhiteBeast
12-21-2003, 09:39 AM
Way to go Adam:tu: I may be up for a trip on the 3rd:cool:

StormShadow
12-21-2003, 09:43 AM
Thanks for the replies. I was dead set on 12's before the year was out. Turns out that I got it on the last racing weekend of the year but it still counts.

03'svtlight
12-21-2003, 11:44 AM
Thanks for the replies. I was dead set on 12's before the year was out. Turns out that I got it on the last racing weekend of the year but it still counts.
Since we both have the same mods and same year, (even the same color), I would be interested to see what some high flow cats ($350 installed at PR) would do ET'wise. I know not much would show on the dyno but it couldn't help but make it faster on the "big end" of the track because you would be breathing alittle better. That would also open the door to a 6#'er also. Hmmm......... Cool air, high flow cats, slicks, 6#'er,= 12 flat??? I know you could pull it off especially if you got Terry to get you a flip chip for a race tune so you could dump some good gas in it . :tu: :tu: :tu:

03LightningRocks
12-21-2003, 01:51 PM
Since we both have the same mods and same year, (even the same color), I would be interested to see what some high flow cats ($350 installed at PR) would do ET'wise. I know not much would show on the dyno but it couldn't help but make it faster on the "big end" of the track because you would be breathing alittle better. That would also open the door to a 6#'er also. Hmmm......... Cool air, high flow cats, slicks, 6#'er,= 12 flat??? I know you could pull it off especially if you got Terry to get you a flip chip for a race tune so you could dump some good gas in it . :tu: :tu: :tu:

I don't know that I would look for high flow cats to give me a better E.T. if they are all that's done. It may sound cooler doing the pass though.

Where I noticed better breathing was when the boost was upped to 15lbs and the entire exhaust was done...headers and all. With a 4 lb pulley, the stock set up is still plenty enough flow....IMHO.

Rocks

03LightningRocks
12-21-2003, 01:54 PM
Today I put down my very first 12 second pass. I ran a 12.75@ 106.55 on my first pass and backed it up with a total of 8 12.7's with a best of 12.717 @ 107.08. This had to be by far the most fun I've ever had at the track, even though I was the only person that I knew there. Hallsville will be closed this coming weekend and back open on the weekend of the 3rd-4th. I am planning on going back and would love it if some of you could join me.

I will be there for that date. Maybe we can get a real crowd this time.

Congrats again Adam....nice times.

Rocks:tu:

02BOLT
12-21-2003, 02:13 PM
I don't know that I would look for high flow cats to give me a better E.T. if they are all that's done. It may sound cooler doing the pass though.

Where I noticed better breathing was when the boost was upped to 15lbs and the entire exhaust was done...headers and all. With a 4 lb pulley, the stock set up is still plenty enough flow....IMHO.

Rocks

I agree completely with Rocks. I've had about every exhaust combination you can have(on the dyno AND at the track). With a 4lb lower, a hi-flow cat-pipe MAY help a LITTLE, but I never saw any real gains(other than noise level). With a 6lb lower, it would probably be a little more noticeable(in terms of gains), but I wouldn't expect more than a couple tenths(which is actually A LOT). Remember...the faster you get, the smaller the incremental gains will be from one mod(bolt-on) to the next(with the exception of KB or N2O).

Bottom line: it takes about 450rwhp to run a 12.0H in a 4800lb truck in GOOD air, which with the Eaton(stock) requires about 15psig with a well selected combination of mods. That's where bad Terry comes in....:beer:

Later,

03'svtlight
12-21-2003, 08:22 PM
I agree completely with Rocks. I've had about every exhaust combination you can have(on the dyno AND at the track). With a 4lb lower, a hi-flow cat-pipe MAY help a LITTLE, but I never saw any real gains(other than noise level). With a 6lb lower, it would probably be a little more noticeable(in terms of gains), but I wouldn't expect more than a couple tenths(which is actually A LOT). Remember...the faster you get, the smaller the incremental gains will be from one mod(bolt-on) to the next(with the exception of KB or N2O).

Bottom line: it takes about 450rwhp to run a 12.0H in a 4800lb truck in GOOD air, which with the Eaton(stock) requires about 15psig with a well selected combination of mods. That's where bad Terry comes in....:beer:

Later,
:beer:

Frank02L
12-22-2003, 03:52 AM
Adam,

Frank02L,

Good job! :burnout:

Ronald

Well, he's almost as far from here as it is to Texas (actually I can get to Texas quicker) but yeah I know Stan. GREAT GUY!

L8 APEX
12-22-2003, 10:11 AM
Frank02L,
Duh, you know everyone from Arkansas is related:rll: .:D

my2002lightning
12-22-2003, 10:36 AM
Well, he's almost as far from here as it is to Texas (actually I can get to Texas quicker) but yeah I know Stan. GREAT GUY!
Yep, Stan's alright! I was asking him what all he's done to his L since hanging out / R&D at Hallet - one of the things he showed me was his rotors. He reached down and rattled one back-and-forth. He makes them to heat-up/expand under heavy use! :nana2

I took this one riding shotgun at Hallet.:nana2

Ronald

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/317Stan_speed1.JPG