PDA

View Full Version : Oil in TB

03'svtlight
12-24-2003, 11:31 AM
Ive got oil in my throttle body. Ive done alot of searches and ran into one where you slam a dime in the rear pcv hose in the back of the air inlet. From that point you purchase a new pcv valve (pcv183) from autozone and from that point on the problem is solved. I dont know about whether or not its solved but I do know my truck is alittle sluggish and its probably from the oil. Hey, for 3 bucks its worth a shot. Gonna clean all of that oil out today!!! Merry Xmas guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

PoorSvtman
12-24-2003, 12:18 PM
Ive got oil in my throttle body. Ive done alot of searches and ran into one where you slam a dime in the rear pcv hose in the back of the air inlet. From that point you purchase a new pcv valve (pcv183) from autozone and from that point on the problem is solved. I dont know about whether or not its solved but I do know my truck is alittle sluggish and its probably from the oil. Hey, for 3 bucks its worth a shot. Gonna clean all of that oil out today!!! Merry Xmas guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

There are tons of different ways to 'fix' this comon problem. But i have yet to see any real test results. IF you do a search on f150online.com you will get pages and pages of threads.

L8 APEX
12-24-2003, 01:15 PM
Oil is good lubrication for the blower:D . If you block that line off you will get positive crank case pressure and increase blow by. That line sucks oil out of the bottom of the intake otherwise it cannot escape and will puddle in the lower intake. The rear hose obviously doesn't put oil near the TB. That is the drivers side hose that dumps up there. But the internet has all the answers:rll:

03'svtlight
12-24-2003, 01:27 PM
damn , now I dont know what that f@%$ to do!!! Maybe just get rid of the truck all together. :flaming:

PoorSvtman
12-24-2003, 01:33 PM
damn , now I dont know what that f@%$ to do!!! Maybe just get rid of the truck all together. :flaming:

Or deal with it. I do. Im just to lazy to try any of the many ways to fix it. Not realy positive on which way i want to go yet.

03'svtlight
12-24-2003, 02:11 PM
Or deal with it. I do. Im just to lazy to try any of the many ways to fix it. Not realy positive on which way i want to go yet.
Took the dime out. Terry does make sense when you think about it . Just have to view opinions from all angles. Hopefully the metal pcv valve helps alittle.

andy_cain
12-24-2003, 02:34 PM
Call me "Silly", but I don't see why even bother with it.
Clean it out with a rag every time you change the oil if you want and there is no problem:D
One day, when I actually add 5K miles to mine, thats what I plan on dooing:rll:

cpeapea
12-24-2003, 02:41 PM
terry is right, if you block off the pcv you blow gaskets. oil seperators help (so would a properly designed pcv) the only other way i can think of is go aftermarket vacuum pump. i use krankvents the keep are really good negative crankcase pressure

dboat
12-24-2003, 04:32 PM
I use the oil separator but Terry thinks its gay.. but it seems to catch a fair amount of oil...
Dana

TxBolt
12-24-2003, 05:39 PM
Mine has been blocked for about 5000 miles. It still likes drinking oil , its a Ford!:rll:

03'svtlight
12-24-2003, 11:02 PM
Mine has been blocked for about 5000 miles. It still likes drinking oil , its a Ford!:rll:
Im almost ready to jump ship. I like you guys alot but damn. Thinking about a new ZO6 all day.............. :evil

cpeapea
12-24-2003, 11:09 PM
ls1's and probably ls6s drink oil too. i dont know if it consumes as much as our Ls though

03'svtlight
12-24-2003, 11:19 PM
ls1's and probably ls6s drink oil too. i dont know if it consumes as much as our Ls though
I may be just overreacting Gaven. Haven't raced anybody in awhile. The last race I had a guy in a LS6 'bird followed me from cedar ridge (in Duncanville) to I-20 just so he could get his ass handed to him. Slowed down to about 40 and punched.I was a good two and 1/2 to three cars while rollin' over 110mph until we ran out of real estate. I could use another one of those to boost my spirits right now. Maybe even a good dyno pull no# would do the trick. :tu: But one things for sure, its hard to get those GM owners to play on the highway. They show alot of respect to L's. :cool:

cpeapea
12-25-2003, 12:36 AM
trust me, this truck is the most fun vehicle i have ever had. i used to drive my xgf's fbody and it couldnt have held a candle to my truck in the fun/fast factor. once i started modding mine i just kept falling in love with it over and over again.

SSs rule!
01-14-2004, 03:27 PM
I may be just overreacting Gaven. Haven't raced anybody in awhile. The last race I had a guy in a LS6 'bird followed me from cedar ridge (in Duncanville) to I-20 just so he could get his ass handed to him. Slowed down to about 40 and punched.I was a good two and 1/2 to three cars while rollin' over 110mph until we ran out of real estate. I could use another one of those to boost my spirits right now. Maybe even a good dyno pull no# would do the trick. :tu: But one things for sure, its hard to get those GM owners to play on the highway. They show alot of respect to L's. :cool:
Hey guys, if you need some ls1s to run let me know and i'm sure i'll be able to find you some :) They'll run you at the track or on the highway... your choice. :burnout:

i used to drive my xgf's fbody and it couldnt have held a candle to my truck in the fun/fast factor.
and gav, come on now... who encouraged who to get the f-body?! Now i'm hooked on them so I guess I have you to thank for that... so thank you.

-Christina

99WhiteBeast
01-14-2004, 06:52 PM
I put in the Swanson kit (cobra pcv value and dime like insert) on 12/1/03 approximately 2500 miles ago. I been to the track twice, dyno and 400 mile road trip with some very spirited driving in between.

Before the kit I had oil in the tb and upper. I cleaned it prior to install of the kit.

Just checked no oil- problem solved.
"that's all I have to say about that"

Mark #2
01-15-2004, 12:50 PM
I put in the Swanson kit (cobra pcv value and dime like insert) on 12/1/03 approximately 2500 miles ago. I been to the track twice, dyno and 400 mile road trip with some very spirited driving in between.

Before the kit I had oil in the tb and upper. I cleaned it prior to install of the kit.

Just checked no oil- problem solved.
"that's all I have to say about that"

Same experience as above and "that's all I have to say about that" too.
Mark #2

QIK KAT
01-15-2004, 01:32 PM
You know what makes the most sence is just clean it out.Ive got 22000 miles on my truck and i just cleaned it out today and it wasnt that bad. Or you could just put a little gas in there strike a match and burn it out.:throw: :evil