PDA

View Full Version : Job Opening - Linux/Unix/Oracle

Logan
12-25-2003, 09:29 PM
What a once in a lifetime opportunity! Tired of the tech ups and downs? The secret is to work tech in a off-sector industry. I work in the transportation industry where we run too lean to ever lay off anyone!! Heck, I've been here for 10 years...

Anyway, Primary qualifications include a mandatory knowledge of Enterprise Linux administration and system builds (Redhat AS 2.1 & 3.0 mostly, Some SuSE Sles 7/8), Solaris Unix Admin and general familiarity with Enterprise Sun Servers. Strong Shell Scripting skills required (Awk, perl, tcl, sh, whatever. We primarily use ksh, expect and awk). Junior level Oracle DBA knowledge would be an extremely strong plus.

Nice to haves would include familiarity with Oracle Applications 11i administration, Business Objects Reporting/Universe Design, Siebel 7.5 Mid-Market Sales administration, passing familiarity with J2EE engines, JSP pages and Java coding would be a plus but not necessary. Knowledge of Dell Server hardware, Enterprise x86 architecture and San topologies would be benefitial.

Attitude is most important. I work my ass off and expect my people to do the same. Lazy folks, easily intimidated folks (Afterall, I'm an ass and you'd be working intimately with me), and folks who don't take the initiative to get the job done need not apply. Strong work ethic, troubleshooting skills and logical thinking required.

Pay is industry scale for a Systems Admin / Junior DBA depending on experience.

Send me an email at logan@mercurymarauder.net if you're interested.