PDA

View Full Version : Things I hate to buy

L8 APEX
12-31-2003, 12:45 AM
Another random thought:beer: . I hate buying bed matress! Who says those things are worth half the money they charge for them. My mom just paid almost 2K bucks for a space memory foam matress:hammer: . I also hate to buy laundry detergent, a gallon of Tide is $15 bucks:eek2: . I hate buying shoes because by the time a find a conservative style I like they won't have my size in stock. I made the salesman take the shoes off the manequin last week:D .

03'svtlight
12-31-2003, 01:06 AM
If you act like you are about to bolt on'em, you'll get the REAL price for the mattress which is about $200.00 cheaper than the sell price. Mattress and jewelry about has about a 300% markup on them. The highest in all of retail. My serta was org. $1300.00. Went to Mattress Giant (jerks :vomit: ) saw it, liked it. It was on sale for $999.00. To make a long story short, ended up walking with it for $750.00 out the door, tax, delivery, and that was taking my old junk with them. My friend works at Conns right now. That same set, cost is about $450.00. She looked it up for me. Go figure.

skalywags
12-31-2003, 01:47 AM
to add to the list,
i hate buying underwear, socks, vacuum cleaners, toilet paper, tissue

just to name a few.

AKRed02
12-31-2003, 04:01 AM
No, one likes buying things that are a personal necessity.

It's much cooler to spend your money on all things fast. :banana: Or trying to make the fast faster. . .like the L, the four wheeler, the snow machine, the snow blower, etc. . .

You have to find the good in the bad. Because if you didn't buy the personal necessities then you would end up sleeping on a cold floor with a stinky butt and that ain't cool. :nono:

Michelle

Wht95Lightning
12-31-2003, 11:06 AM
When you're married you'll find out what buying things you don't like REALLY is all about.

whitelightning'02
12-31-2003, 12:30 PM
When you're married you'll find out what buying things you don't like REALLY is all about.
:rll: You said it !

Nuhklz
12-31-2003, 01:08 PM
Office supplies :flaming:

Moonshine
12-31-2003, 01:57 PM
Because if you didn't buy the personal necessities then you would end up sleeping on a cold floor with a stinky butt and that ain't cool. :nono:

ROTFLMAO :tu:

blueoval01
12-31-2003, 06:56 PM
....... a stinky butt and that ain't cool. :nono:
Michelle My rentors finished moving out today and that's what the house looks like.
The DA's had the electric AND Water turned off for which I can not get TXU back out to renew the service until next Tuesday. :eek2: :Bullshit What a bunch of BS. Looks like my vacation will be spent cleaning up someone else's crap.
There's gotta be a better way to prepare for retirement ........ :hammer:.

And YES!! I'm a:postwhore and this is :0fftopic so I'm :banned .......... Man, am I PI$$ED!! :flaming:

Logan
12-31-2003, 07:01 PM
hehhehe... The glamorous world of managing investment properties.

Better way to get rich = Buy $40k house, invest $5k strategically, sell for $55k to nice little mexican family.

Repeat as needed.

skalywags
12-31-2003, 09:17 PM
Been there, done that! :beer:

cpeapea
01-01-2004, 04:36 PM
screw the mattress, ill sleep on the floor...better for my back anyhow