PDA

View Full Version : Need to change chip?

SILVER2000SVT
01-05-2004, 08:56 PM
Terry, I think it's about time I get this chip of mine fixed.

I'm running a JDM flip chip (superchip) that I got about a year and a half ago. I asked for a conservative street program (one that I can tow a trailer) and a racing program. The number on the chip is a "CUX2 9OF5 E2F". Does that tell you what both programs are or just the one?

My setup is a 2000 model,
4lb pulley,
linemod,
90mm mass air with JDM 12" filter,
E-Fan w/cobra waterpump.(installed 1/2/04, so not included in numbers)

I made a dyno run back in June without the E-Fan:
Race program: 387rwhp/476ftlbs crusing A/F of 15.1 and an 11.8 A/F during the pull
Street program: 373rwhp/455ftlbs crusing A/F of 14.8 and an 11.4 A/F during the pull

And I typically trap about 103-104mph at the track, depending on the air.

I'm not sure, but I think the HP and Torque numbers are good for the mods. I'm just questioning if those are the numbers I should be seeing for the A/F, expecially the crusing, right before he hammers it.

The other issue I'm having is valve clatter, I guess it's pre-detonation. I need somebody to listen to be sure. It does it when I ease down on the gas and it's really bad right before it down shifts. It's not quite as bad in the cooler weather but it still does it. And, It also does it at WOT. On a hot day on the race side of the chip, the motor sounds like its comming apart. I've tried octane boost, thinking if it were pre-detonation that it would help, but it makes almost no affect.

I don't know if my numbers can be better, but my main concern is reliability, better numbers come 2nd.
Do you have access to the specs for these programs?
If so, does it seem right for my setup or do you think you can find one that will work a little better?
If you want to give prices, shoot me over a PM.

Thanks,
Jason

L8 APEX
01-05-2004, 09:56 PM
I will check on the specs tomorrow when I get to work. The A/F at part throttle is controlled by the computer seeking scich. or 14.7. There is no changing that setting, it does not affect performance. WOT A/F is the only relavant number.

SILVER2000SVT
01-06-2004, 05:10 PM
I hope you are able to find out more on that chip program than I did. I've called superchips a several months back asking about the valve clatter and they said that program number doesn't show up in any of their databases and they couldn't tell me anything.

L8 APEX
01-06-2004, 09:09 PM
That is a JDM file not a Superchip file. Call JDM and discuss your concerns with Justin or Jim. They can Email a new file if necessary and I can reburn it for you.

SILVER2000SVT
01-07-2004, 11:22 AM
I didn't realize fixing the wastegate actuator would make such a difference, 7psi before to 11psi now on the stock pulley. I'm thinking I should get some new dyno numbers with everything working like it should be before I get the chip reprogrammed.

I was thinking of having it leaned out a little so that I would see about 12.5 A/F, but with the extra boost I might be closer to that number than my dyno numbers from a few months ago show.