PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a preffered auto tint provider?

True Blue Aggie
01-13-2004, 04:25 PM
I am looking to install a darker tint on the ride, and I wanted to check here first to see if anyone has a prefererred vendor and/or shop for this work. And the closer to Richardson, the better.

Michael!

Crawford
01-13-2004, 04:46 PM
I have used Sun Masters on every vehicle I have ever owned. They do an awesome job, have a lifetime warranty, and they have been around forever. There are several in the metroplex. Look in the yellow pages for the locations and they usually have a 10% coupon in the back. They arent the cheapest but they are the best.

jmlay
01-13-2004, 10:42 PM
I use Pro Tint, on Preston.

Mike

L8 APEX
01-14-2004, 12:27 AM
I use Z Tint in Grand Prairie East of 360 on Pioneer. The owner hooks it up for cash. HE has done both of my vettes and Lightning, work van, dads truck, gf's Tahoe etc. His name is Bruce and he uses llumar metal stabilized lifetime film. he should do a L for 80-100 bucks.

REXRENEGADE
01-14-2004, 11:48 AM
I have used Pro Tint several times. They are located at 17423 Preston Road just North of McCallum on the left by Firestone Tire Center. They do excellent work.

Silver_2000
01-14-2004, 01:51 PM
another vote for sunmasters. Been using them since 1987 ...

NEVER had a bubble or any other issue... 4 cars or 5 cars..
There is one on Midway N of 635 and as Crawford said others on the book
Doug

True Blue Aggie
01-14-2004, 02:14 PM
SunMasters quoted $79 for the truck. Maximum legal film on the sides, and as dark as I want on the back. Plus they are located about 2 miles from my house.....which is always nice. And I am less than a mile from Kwik Kar, so I might get dyno and tint all on Saturday.....

Should make for a nice weekend...

Silver_2000
01-14-2004, 05:45 PM
Someone should put up a list of TALON recommended vendors in the TALON forum

And I DONT mean the TOONERS. I mean the sunmasters, good Dealers, the alarm shops, stereo shops, muffler shops and etc etc that are local that we have had good luck with

Doug

True Blue Aggie
01-14-2004, 06:45 PM
.......crickets chirping........

:evil

Aggie Mom
01-14-2004, 06:48 PM
SunMasters quoted $79 for the truck. Maximum legal film on the sides, and as dark as I want on the back. Plus they are located about 2 miles from my house.....which is always nice. And I am less than a mile from Kwik Kar, so I might get dyno and tint all on Saturday.....

Should make for a nice weekend...

Not bad... $79. Hmmmm, that could be an excellent birthday present for your mom! (hint, hint) :D

True Blue Aggie
01-14-2004, 06:56 PM
That would require you to visit Richardson.....

blueoval01
01-14-2004, 09:07 PM
Someone should put up a list of TALON recommended vendors in the TALON forum

And I DONT mean the TOONERS. I mean the sunmasters, good Dealers, the alarm shops, stereo shops, muffler shops and etc etc that are local that we have had good luck with

DougI elect Sam to put this together. He has Admin rights and for the most part keeps up with everythang ... :D J/k dude ... unless your interested.
Otherwise, I'll start keeping up with all the goodies .... :tu:

Crawford
01-15-2004, 03:35 PM
I have my hands full with the ET list. I only have God powers in the ET forum. I am just a regular weakling everywhere else. :cool:

tliss
01-15-2004, 08:31 PM
Try Solar Tech, a guy by the name of Ralph Rios at 972-333-3079. He did a primo job, and if I didn't like the way it turned out he came out and stripped it and redid, no extra charge (had a few large specs of dust under the film)! He did the two front roll ups for about $50-60 (I can't remember exactly), and he'll probably come to you.

Tell him Tom sent you. If he has no idea who "Tom" is, tell him the guy with the black Lightning in McKinney. He should remember me that way.

As far as someone keeping up a preferred vendors list, I'll be more than happy to do so. Doug, will you be setting up a new forum for this, or should we just ask for a list and keep it somewhere on the site? I leave it up to you, oh wise one.

Tom