PDA

View Full Version : New member says Hello!

mardyn
01-21-2004, 11:35 AM
Just a quick note to introduce myself and say Hello...
I'm David Berry from Irving... turned on to this site by my friend
Dave Weaver ('03 SVT Lightning) from Carrollton.., While I don't own a Lightning Truck, I am a Ford guy, current ride is a '03 Expedition and a '69 GT350 Shelby with
late model EFI small block and 5 spd... Oh yea, Kenne Bell Blowzilla
super charger is on the way from California for my ride,

Anyway, looking forward to checking in over here occassionally.

David (mardyn) :D

PoorSvtman
01-21-2004, 11:46 AM
Welcome to Talon :beer:

tliss
01-21-2004, 01:20 PM
We're glad to have you. Maybe we'll be able to persuade you to get a Lightning :d .

Tom

99WhiteBeast
01-21-2004, 02:14 PM
Nice stang- I want to take a ride when shes all together:burnout:

mardyn
01-21-2004, 03:45 PM
I appreciate the hospitality over here...

My car is actually together and running... has been since '94. I'm just updating it a little... currently has a 5.0L EFI from a late model GT and runs great...'bout like a new Mustang... the car originally came with a 351W, so I'm going back to that as the base engine... but with EFI & the KB Super Charger... I'm gonna shoot for about 375 rear wheel horse power... that should be realistic... yea, yea, I know a Lightning Truck will make 475 pretty easy, saw it on the Dyno a few weeks ago.

Car is currently at Texas Chassis Works in Tyler for a few mods to stiffen' the thing up a bit... If anyone needs chasis work... this guy is outstanding... I've been around this stuff for a while... his stuff is nothing short of art...

mardyn :D

Silver_2000
01-21-2004, 06:03 PM
Welcome. However the only way we can allow you to remain on TALON is if you let me drive the Mustang.....:evil :evil :evil

TP Derrick D
01-21-2004, 06:54 PM
[QUOTE=mardyn]Just a quick note to introduce myself and say Hello...
I'm David Berry from Irving... turned on to this site by my friend
Dave Weaver ('03 SVT Lightning) from Carrollton.., I am a Ford guy, current ride is a '03 Expedition and a '69 GT350 Shelby with
late model EFI small block and 5 spd... Oh yea, Kenne Bell Blowzilla
super charger is on the way from California for my ride,

Anyway, looking forward to checking in over here occassionally.

David (mardyn) :D[/QUOTE
While I don't own a Lightning Truck,
WHAT NO LIGHTNING?!!!Well at least you own a Stang (So do I) We going to have to meet and talk Stang.Couple of us in TALON got both,L & a Stang. Like the previous post said we got to convince you to get an L. Well you not the only one that post here and don't have one or a real one. :confused:

Winterhawk
01-21-2004, 07:05 PM
Good to have you here, Love those old stang's.

my2002lightning
01-21-2004, 07:12 PM
If you haven't already, take a ride in the '03 L under heavy throttle! :tu:

You'll be hooked. I finally came to my "senses" and grabbed an '02.

BTW, welcome! I'm partial to the '69 Mustang Mach 1 R-Codes, myself! :burnout:

My dad had a Green one in an Inline-6 as a commuter. It was a "dog", but I remember seeing 80 a time-or-two as a little kid.:banana:

Ronald

blueoval01
01-21-2004, 08:32 PM
Welcome .... :D

cpeapea
01-21-2004, 09:34 PM
welcome fellow irvingite

mercbuff
01-21-2004, 10:27 PM
David Berry does have one of the nicest 69 shelbys there is. he lets me drive it when we go to vernon for the big yearly cruise in return i let him sleep in the motor home :tu: when we go to the swap meets we take my lightning in return. all he ever says as man you can tell how much power this has and smiles David does bleed blue.to bad his brother dosent his brother just bought a slow chevy ss truck:hammer:

Tony2000
01-21-2004, 10:59 PM
welcome and hope you have fun here!

PoorSvtman
01-21-2004, 11:11 PM
David Berry does have one of the nicest 69 shelbys there is. he lets me drive it when we go to vernon for the big yearly cruise in return i let him sleep in the motor home :tu: when we go to the swap meets we take my lightning in return. all he ever says as man you can tell how much power this has and smiles David does bleed blue.to bad his brother dosent his brother just bought a slow chevy ss truck:hammer:

HAHA your friend got screwed on the SS Silverado. All it basicly is, is just a silverado with some side molding,leather interior, different front bumper, all wheel drive and i believe the 8100 motor. Its a dog. and way over priced.
Hell most dealerships dont have them on the lot anymore. But its fun working at a cheby dealership and getting to be the first to hand a salesman there ass in my L