PDA

View Full Version : So you want an SRT-10?

Sixpipes
01-21-2004, 07:23 PM
Saw a new Dodge SRT-10 today at Allen Samuels Dodge in Fort Worth. Sticker was $46,080 plus a $5,000 dealer mark up. Did not include TT&L. :eek2:

David N
01-21-2004, 07:44 PM
Sixpipes,

I tried to buy that one two sundays ago but the guys at Allen Samuels Dodge are bunch of dumb A$$ ...All the other dealers are selling for MSPR..:)

Winterhawk
01-21-2004, 08:01 PM
That is to much $ :throw: Get an L and can add 20k of mods to it:tu: :banana:

Wht95Lightning
01-21-2004, 09:38 PM
In 6 months they'll be giving them away because they'll have too many on the lot.
I was in Vegas 2 weeks ago and the local Dodge dealer was selling SRT4's for 7,000 below sticker. It wasn't long ago when dealers were trying to get 5-8 grand over sticker for those too.
They never learn.:rolleyes:

L8 APEX
01-21-2004, 10:09 PM
It is a business move, you got to get it while its hot. I remember the first new T-Birds sold went for 10K over sticker, now they are under MSRP. Can't blame them for trying to make it off the frenzy. Just go to a dealer at sticker, oh yeah they are already sold:hammer: . I will be ready to put the PR magic on it David:tu:

03'svtlight
01-21-2004, 11:07 PM
My friend had the opp. to drive one last sat. He said it lays some long second gear rubber but he wasn't just overly thrilled about the power. He told me I got up there about 30 mins. too late. Would could've went around the corner and had it out.......... :throw:

L8 APEX
01-21-2004, 11:17 PM
He told me I got up there about 30 mins. too late. Would could've went around the corner and had it out.......... :throw:be glad you didn't make that date:throw: :eek2: :D

03'svtlight
01-22-2004, 12:01 AM
be glad you didn't make that date:throw: :eek2: :D
I would'nt be so quick to write me off Terry. My new "PR" exhaust has the ol' girl feelin' pretty good. But ya know what , come to think of it, I didn't have it done yet so you might be right :evil . I've got everything it takes to run mid 12's on slicks, besides slicks themselves. I haven't seen anyone bosting that it runs in the 12's so what do I have to be afraid of?? It'll probably be alot of spinning at first but after that, he would have to drive the hell out of it to beat me. :cool:

L8 APEX
01-22-2004, 12:22 AM
I gotta mess with you bro:beer: . I hope to get some seat time in one soon. I may demo and write an article on a SRT10 soon. From what I have read the engineers looked at design points that matter. These being braking, downforce, wind tunnel testing, brake ducting, Hurst shift linkage etc.. There press realeses are a lot more detailed than Ford was on the L. I know from the endurance 24hr Road racing scene the Viper engine is as reliable as they come. That means a bit more to guys like me that have blown and bought the 9K dollar replacement engine. When I drive one I will have a good feel of what it is made of.:tu: