PDA

View Full Version : SRT10 vs Lightning video

Band
01-24-2004, 06:36 PM
Found this on the HALO forums. They have raced 2 srt10's in houston already.

http://www.haloclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7961&start=15

Crawford
01-24-2004, 06:58 PM
NICE! I enjoyed watching that.

98Cobra
01-24-2004, 07:36 PM
Cool! Can't wait to see one being driven by a competent driver though.

Silver_2000
01-24-2004, 09:39 PM
Clearly that wasnt a reasonable comparison..
Was the dodge even trying ?

02BOLT
01-25-2004, 01:29 AM
Clearly that wasnt a reasonable comparison..
Was the dodge even trying ?

Those trucks (SRT-10's) in stock form are going to continue to get their a$$e$ obliterated by lightly modified L's, especially in the cooler air, at least until the owners have a chance to learn how to drive them, and until the aftermarket begins producing bolt-ons (Long Tubes, N2O kits, CAI's etc...) for them.

Keep in mind that even though the SRT-10 makes 500HP, it still outweighs an L by 500 LBs:eek2:! That much weight difference makes a HUGE dent in its HP advantage over even, a stock Lightning...especially from a dead stop.

I will say this though...one of those things from a 50-70mph roll with a 150 shot of N20 is going to HAUL BALLS! I beleive that once they start getting out there, they WILL get quicker, and will be much LESS affected by heat than our L's are. We will continue to OWN them from a dead stop, BUT from a roll-on, there will be some SERIOUSLY FAST SRT-10's running around...so get ready my fellow L brethren...to Let the A$$ Kicking Commence!:burnout:

Bring It:nana2 ,
Rob

Silver_2000
01-25-2004, 01:58 AM
Thats the same guy who has toasted some thing like an engine, 2 clutches and a tranny....

Either he got a lemon or he has been beating the crap out of it.... Or he needs to buy a 5 speed SRT4 and learn to drive with both feet.... :evil

L8 APEX
01-25-2004, 02:00 AM
I think they are a higher level of truck than the L's. Kind of like comparing a Z06 to a WS6 T/A. Both are special package cars but one is on a higher scale. The SRT 10 cost almost 20K more and has an exclusive engine with a heratige known world wide from the Viper. They will be a lot more rare than the over produced and discounted L's. Not since early 01 has there been a demand for L's or a MSRP sale of one. I am saddened how they sit on lots until the manager lets them go for invoice:( . There wasn't one on a lot in the Metroplex when I waited for mine to come in. I am ready to meet some SRT owners and talk trucks, not always trying to beat them in my L. I feel it is like when Camaros rev on me in my Corvette, they need to find a Mustang to race:D .

Silver_2000
01-25-2004, 09:20 AM
I think they are a higher level of truck than the L's. Kind of like comparing a Z06 to a WS6 T/A. Both are special package cars but one is on a higher scale. The SRT 10 cost almost 20K more and has an exclusive engine with a heratige known world wide from the Viper. They will be a lot more rare than the over produced and discounted L's. Not since early 01 has there been a demand for L's or a MSRP sale of one. I am saddened how they sit on lots until the manager lets them go for invoice:( . There wasn't one on a lot in the Metroplex when I waited for mine to come in. I am ready to meet some SRT owners and talk trucks, not always trying to beat them in my L. I feel it is like when Camaros rev on me in my Corvette, they need to find a Mustang to race:D .
Those of us the know better pay invoice - I guarantee there are still lots of Lightnings sold at MSRP +....

1BADTK
01-25-2004, 12:05 PM
Two things guys, the owner called out the Lightning while sitting in the staging lanes, and he did say he missed 2nd gear. All that aside, the video did just what it was suppose to do, humillate the SRT-10 Ram, and the narration is priceless. Funny, YES!, accurate, NO! but still a very funny video.

Red2002
01-25-2004, 12:14 PM
I encountered a black SRT10 Ram headed north on Dickerson in Carrollton, just under the GB190 bridge. I revved at him in anticipation, but when I saw his window come down, I KNEW the words that were going to be uttered....."just got it three days ago". Ugh. He complimented me on my truck and likewise I to him. Man those 22's are HUGE! Badass truck IMO, but not enough to tangle to with a modded L from a dig.

Anyway, I left about 100ft. of Lightning signature and engulfed him in Nitto smoke. :D

If you're ever in Carrollton, check it out! :burnout:

02BOLT
01-25-2004, 02:52 PM
I will concede that straight line acceleration does not in and of itself constitute one vehicle's superiority over another, HOWEVER, it sure as hell helps!:nana2

I don't care who you are, or what you're driving, when you get the doors blown off your beloved vehicle (be it a $200,000 Ferrari or a $20,000 Mustang)....it definitely hurts your feelers!:(

Don't get me wrong, as I've seen a silver SRT-10, a red, and then a black one up close and personal, and believe it's definitely a bad a$$ truck in its own right. Whether or not it is $50,000 bad a$$ however, remains to be seen.

Just my .02,
Rob:burnout:

jcblack
01-25-2004, 05:32 PM
I know that it has been said a million times over and over again. I do think that the truck looks good. I really don't like the wing and cannot imagine going 150 on the highway in a TRUCK. It's not safe. So to me the wing is not needed and they do not belong on trucks, with the exception of Terry for the road racing. Anyone with common sense to me would go for an L for the simple reason that the mods gain good hp for the cost. It is not because I cant afford one, but I think that the L's look way better. Anyone can customize anything to be fast. I'm sure that there is a Honda Civic that can kick everyones ass on this board. So if L's want to hunt SRT-10 to prove a point that there truck is faster, than go for it. Nothing personal Terry, but why not run a camero, you never know what he has do to it. I swear that I will never post this long again because when I see posts this I never read them.

03LightningRocks
01-25-2004, 06:06 PM
.................................................. ........... I swear that I will never post this long again because when I see posts this long I never read them.
I know what you mean....but I am a bit confused. What does this have to do with the SRT10...:D ?

Rocks

jcblack
01-25-2004, 06:49 PM
I know what you mean....but I am a bit confused. What does this have to do with the SRT10...:D ?

Rocks
What?

03LightningRocks
01-25-2004, 06:57 PM
What?

I am kidding with ya about long posts....you say you never read them....well....neither do I......

I only read the last sentence......get it now????...LOL

Rocks

03LightningRocks
01-25-2004, 07:03 PM
I just managed to get the vid to work a few minutes ago. That is one funny vid.

I am willing to bet that we see quite a few more like that for the next few months. At least untill those guys figure out how to shift that thing.

Rocks

dboat
01-25-2004, 07:52 PM
I just managed to get the vid to work a few minutes ago. That is one funny vid.

I am willing to bet that we see quite a few more like that for the next few months. At least untill those guys figure out how to shift that thing.

Rocks

or buy the nitrous kit for a Viper and install it. Or buy the twin turbo kit for the Viper and install it... or both :evil Then we will see the 700-800 hp SRT and the ante gets raised.. but by that time how much will they have in it? Looks is in the eye of the beholder, so to each their own, some like the Dodge and some the L. I like mine because its the best bang for your buck. I had the same thing when I bought my 89 Stang GT Conv.. at the time, it was the best bang for the buck..
Time will tell if the truck holds up or has problems or will eventually get sold for below sticker, etc... but at least we now have some real "potential" competition and that part will keep the boards active for some time.
Dana

02BOLT
01-25-2004, 09:06 PM
or buy the nitrous kit for a Viper and install it. Or buy the twin turbo kit for the Viper and install it... or both :evil Then we will see the 700-800 hp SRT and the ante gets raised.. but by that time how much will they have in it? Looks is in the eye of the beholder, so to each their own, some like the Dodge and some the L. I like mine because its the best bang for your buck. I had the same thing when I bought my 89 Stang GT Conv.. at the time, it was the best bang for the buck..
Time will tell if the truck holds up or has problems or will eventually get sold for below sticker, etc... but at least we now have some real "potential" competition and that part will keep the boards active for some time.
Dana

:beer: