PDA

View Full Version : Supercharger Installed...

Logan
01-27-2004, 09:01 PM
All I can say is... Very cool.

Best part is nothing's leaking, nothing's making any weird noises, and all my gauges and A/F monitors report normal under all conditions...

Unfortunately, I finished up just as the kiddo's were coming home so I didn't get to do an extended test drive, just managed to work up the "I gotta go get some milk" excuse to burn rubber down to the grocery and back. Runs like a scalded Ape!

Only thing left to do is detail under the hood and mount the Boost gauge. It and its' wiring is sitting on my passenger seat for now, all the funky elbows and extensions, required for the KB Boost-a-pump demand I think through it a bit to get it mounted up into my A pillar...

Pics!

http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/watermark.php?file=503/1DSC01707.jpg

http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/watermark.php?file=503/1DSC01706.jpg

blueoval01
01-27-2004, 09:16 PM
Krrruuuewllll :tu:
Nice stuff, Logan.

Logan
01-27-2004, 09:18 PM
Krrruuuewllll :tu:
Nice stuff, Logan.
With the 3000 stall, the 4.30's and the huffer, this beast is just absolutely nasty off the line...Yikes!

I may end up sending the stall to get reworked down to about 2200... We'll see...

David N
01-27-2004, 09:19 PM
wow:eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

L8 APEX
01-27-2004, 10:12 PM
I would drop the stall to 2400 or so and raise the gears to 3:73 or higher.

REXRENEGADE
01-28-2004, 09:45 AM
Hey, When are you going to give us a test ride in your mean machine?
The BIG "M" looks spectacular! Get prepared to be purchasing plenty of tires because you will roast a few sets with that baby.
Curtis J.:tu: Cheers ! :beer:

Silver_2000
01-28-2004, 06:00 PM
Well I got a ride in it today .. IF it can sustain that kind of pull through a quarter mile with those gears and stall it will be IMPRESSIVE....

He now needs tire upgrades BAD. The system looks VERY impressive in person. The Blue on the black paint is very subtle and the SC install look absolutley factory... If he would just get the boost guage mounted it would be perfect.

The folks at i2 gave me some interesting comments when they saw me hop out out front - It sounds bad ass and it is....

Logan mentioned some Marauder guys are going to Hallsville next month ... Maybe we should bo as witnesses..

According to him he has the highest modified Marauder in the country.....

Doug

blueoval01
01-28-2004, 06:10 PM
Well, I figured you would hook up with Logan for lunch and get "the ride".
:bows

Personally, Logan is wasting his time as a Oracle DBA. He should go to work for Ford DEV division ..... and take a freakin' 50% pay cut!!! :rll:

:D j/k ....Logan. Hope your setting aside the time (whenever) for the Group picture.

Logan
01-28-2004, 09:39 PM
According to him he has the highest modified Marauder in the country.....

Doug
Actually there's three other cars worth mentioning.

A Vortech blown Marauder being built in Orange Park, FL. 03 Cobra Long block with a Vortech T trim blower. They're shooting at 700hp in a Marauder.

A Vortech Marauder by the same guy has a SQ Trim on it making 430hp at the wheels, 4.10's, a stall, but an inferior exhaust system.

The owner of Baytown in Houston has a Marauder that he's swapped the motor out of. He's running 10's in it, but I don't have all the particulars...