PDA

View Full Version : Pullys..... & Other bolt on's....

travis5000_99
01-28-2004, 01:04 PM
My L is bone stock w/ exception of a airade intake.. I am lookn to up the horse power on her, but I baught the truck so I would have something to start everday & be reliable...
Will upgradeing the boost pullys afect the reliability of my L??
And how easy are they to install??
Also what is a good shop & what are the going rates for pully changes??
I have put a motor in my chevy b4 but its not something I want to ever go through again, so I would like to keep any work I do simple..

tliss
01-28-2004, 01:13 PM
My L is bone stock w/ exception of a airade intake.. I am lookn to up the horse power on her, but I baught the truck so I would have something to start everday & be reliable...
Will upgradeing the boost pullys afect the reliability of my L??
And how easy are they to install??
Also what is a good shop & what are the going rates for pully changes??
I have put a motor in my chevy b4 but its not something I want to ever go through again, so I would like to keep any work I do simple..
Pulley changes are pretty simple, but pulling the stock pulley off is the worst. Pricing depends on the size you go. Talk to Terry (L8 APEX) on pricing.

Your best bankg for the buck mod would be a chip. This is probably the cheapest way to gain a bunch of horsepower. In addition, if you go higher than a 2# pulley, you will need a chip anyway.

Tom

scott015
01-28-2004, 04:02 PM
i think its pretty common to see around 40rwhp from a pulley,chip,air intake combo....

travis5000_99
01-29-2004, 08:12 AM
i think its pretty common to see around 40rwhp from a pulley,chip,air intake combo....

WEll, does any one know what the rates are for doing a pully change at a shop?? Also what brand of chip is the highest quaity?? Thanks for your help guys..

tliss
01-29-2004, 08:41 AM
WEll, does any one know what the rates are for doing a pully change at a shop?? Also what brand of chip is the highest quaity?? Thanks for your help guys..
You can buy a pulley (depending on size) from Terry (L8 APEX) and have it installed by him for around $200-300 (don't quote me on this, I am guessing). I have never taken a pulley to another shop and asked to get it installed, so I don't know what you would pay there, nor do I know what Terry charges to just install a pulley.

There are many different opinions on what chip is best. In reality, it's not the chip quality that determines if it is a good chip, it is the tuner that puts to program on it. Terry sells those as well. I personally use Sal (Power Surge Performance in New York) and have no complaints. I have heard great things about Danny Swanson as well. You'll pay anywhere from about $250+ for a chip (depending on the number of programs: 1, 2 [flip chip], or 4).

I hope this helps.

Tom

L8 APEX
01-29-2004, 10:41 AM
Most prices are on my website. But it is usually about $850 for a chip, pulley, filter kit installed.