PDA

View Full Version : Dodge "Lightning"

J.D. Blackwell
02-09-2004, 05:12 PM
I still have the Dodge Lightning guys, but not very fast with the 5.9L Cummins engine in it. So I have been looking on the Cummins board and there are some guys on there that will smoke a lot of Lightnings...not just a stock Lightning but a highly modded one. Most of the twin turbo Cummins guys are running low-mid 12's in the 1/4. They all have twin turbo setups. I am thinking I may go this route with my Cummins since it is not as expensive to moddify these trucks. I will go with a relatively small and cost beneficial twin setup for my truck that I can still get a measly 600rwhp & 1200rwtq with.:) So look for me this winter running down the track blowing heavily amounts of Black smoke everywhere.:beer:

You guys take care,
Justin

P.S. FYI, The quickest Cummins Diesel is in a 4x4 Ford 4 door single tire 1 ton with 4" lift and 36" tires and runs 11.1 at Houston Raceway Park.....without water/methanol, nitrous, or propane. Dynoed at 877hp & 1480tq w/ nitrous.

L1nt2B
02-09-2004, 05:44 PM
what the hell was your point?

Wht95Lightning
02-09-2004, 05:52 PM
I think he said he was choosing his dodge over a Ford Lightning because it's cheaper to mod?

J.D. Blackwell
02-09-2004, 06:05 PM
what the hell was your point?I appreciate you sir not to use foul language in my presense.
I was mearly saying that because I am bored and I wanted to waste some more of Dougs web space.

Appreciate the space Doug.

Justin

blueoval01
02-09-2004, 06:16 PM
Hey Justin, I hear there are good mods for the Power-Stroke as well.
Seen any PS F-250/F-350's run? :D

PoorSvtman
02-09-2004, 07:32 PM
Hey check out quadzilla.com Im not sure thats the site but the company is quadzilla. They specialize in deisel performance. The owner is son of the insurance man al boekner (sp?). I can also get you the numbers of there shop and a friend of mine that dose chips and such a tad cheaper i think. Pm if you want some info.

03LightningRocks
02-09-2004, 07:42 PM
what the hell was your point?

LOL..........J.D. does not have to have a point. When the "rough neck" of Talon speaks...people listen:bows .
As a matter of fact, I am going out tommorrow and buy a Dodge Cummins.

How the heck are you Justin? It will be an honor beating up on your "cummins" next winter.

I am planning to hit Hallsville next Saturday. I'll be there at 11. Hope you can make it out.

Tell my girl I said hello:d .

Rocks:beer:

Silver_2000
02-10-2004, 12:44 AM
Justin

As long as you treat that Honey of yours right you will be welcome here..

:evil :rll:

Doug

J.D. Blackwell
02-10-2004, 09:25 AM
Yeah guys, I am treating her good. She has been treating me good as well. Although I did go play Marco Polo in the hot tub with some girls the other night....I did keep my hands to myself.:hammer: I must love Amy if I didn't do anything. I told her about it and she got mad for about 10 minutes, then she had realized that she has done worse.:D

Amy always asks me about all you guys. I tell her I had seen a quite a few of you back in Dec. but not since. As soon as her basketball season is over she wants to make it to a meeting. I still have the Red '01 for now.

Good luck to you guys for the upcoming race season. I am going to try to make it for FFW Houston.

God Bless,
Justin

TxBolt
02-10-2004, 09:45 AM
J.D. glad to here you still kicking it. I drive real close to you often. I'm leaving agian in a couple of daze back to D.C.,but I drive through 271 to Mount Pleasent and to I30. I think about you everytime I see the sign to Daingerfield near 11. Perhaps I can stop by sometime.:tu:

J.D. Blackwell
02-10-2004, 10:16 AM
J.D. glad to here you still kicking it. I drive real close to you often. I'm leaving agian in a couple of daze back to D.C.,but I drive through 271 to Mount Pleasent and to I30. I think about you everytime I see the sign to Daingerfield near 11. Perhaps I can stop by sometime.:tu:

yeah, you still have my cell #? I am sure you do. I actually moved in Dec. I live in Hughes Springs now.