PDA

View Full Version : Lightning vs ZO6 rematch... what happened?

mardyn
02-10-2004, 03:38 PM
Did I miss something... did the rematch ever occur? Why not?

Based on my experience as a former dealership employee... those salesmen and managers are not shy about ringing the crap outta' somebody else's potential new baby..

mardyn :D

03'svtlight
02-10-2004, 10:28 PM
Did I miss something... did the rematch ever occur? Why not?

Based on my experience as a former dealership employee... those salesmen and managers are not shy about ringing the crap outta' somebody else's potential new baby..

mardyn :D
I can easily make the phone call and he will bring another Z06 home.

02BOLT
02-10-2004, 11:12 PM
I can easily make the phone call and he will bring another Z06 home.
My truck will be in the Autorama this weekend, so it'll have to be maybe next weekend.:tu:

Later,
Rob:burnout:

03'svtlight
02-11-2004, 09:27 AM
My truck will be in the Autorama this weekend, so it'll have to be maybe next weekend.:tu:

Later,
Really its not gonna be a fair race by know means. Rob has a bad mo'fo'. He would holla foul play when Rob starts pullin' away at a fast rate. My race would've been better had I not left rubber marks over 100 ft. long. From the video that car didn't even chirp the tires while I was up in smoke trying to keep up. I know it has traction control but I doubt if you can race it with it on. Just wondering though. At the track its a whole new ball game. I've seen'um run 12.00's-12.60's in the quarter mile. That puts a modded L' with traction right on side of it. :tu:

02BOLT
02-11-2004, 06:21 PM
"Fair" is a relative term. I outweigh him by 2000 lbs, and have the aerodynamics of a brick wall. His racing me is no more "unfair", than him racing a near stock L. Those things cost upwards of $50,000, which is still more than I have invested in my truck(mods and all).

However, those things absolutely pull on the big end. Hell, I'm pushing 620+ HP at the motor, and would probably only out MPH him by a narrow margin at the track. Make no mistake, a ZO6 is a purpose built factory RACEcar, with A/C and a radio. Even in stock form, they are a formidable foe!:tu:

Even an L with a fair amount of bolt-ons, producing 420-430 RWHP, will get sucked up by a ZO6 in the 1/4, if the L doesn't get a good launch, and the ZO6 does. I said it before, and I'll say it again, those things are flat out COMING on the big end! They don't cost $50 grand for nothin'...

Later,

mardyn
02-12-2004, 10:47 AM
Rob, are you showin' your truck in the Autorama this weekend? We'll be down there on Saturday afternoon to check it out...

mardyn (and mercbuff... if he can get a kitchen pass for the afternoon) :D

02BOLT
02-13-2004, 12:16 AM
Rob, are you showin' your truck in the Autorama this weekend? We'll be down there on Saturday afternoon to check it out...

mardyn (and mercbuff... if he can get a kitchen pass for the afternoon) :D

Yessir! Just got back from setting her up. She's in the "main" building, kinda towards the center, in the SVT Texas display. I'll be there most all day on Saturday, and from about 2:00 on, on Sunday. Hope tp see you there.:tu:

Later,
Rob