PDA

View Full Version : Aquarium

andy_cain
02-10-2004, 06:38 PM
I didn't think this went in the "For Sale/Wanted" section but wasn't sure this was the best place for it either.:confused:
Anywho....I have a 200+ gallon aquarium with the custom stand and canopy for sale.
Thought before I sell it to the local Aquarium store (North Dallas Aquarium) that I would see if anybody here wants it.
I bought it from N.D.A. last April, have it set up currently for salt water.
It has the complete filtration system (wet/dry and protein skimmer), heater, lights pumps...everything needed and then some (Imagine that):D
It has over 300 pounds of rock and crushed coral in it (yes, stores charge for all of that - sometimes several dollars a pound:flaming: ).
I seem to be doing more and more travel with my new boss and will likely increase in doing so moving forward....leaves less time to baby sit fish.
If you know anything about these aqauriums (Oceanic) you will know they are both quality and expensive. Call and price a 200 gallon complete with stand and canopy, lids, lights and filtration and you may see numbers over $6000-$8500.:eek2:

BUT, as we all know, once used, value drops...and when you own an aquarium store, you are willing to pay even less....and that seem fair since they have to make money.

So, here is your deal.....:evil
I am looking for wholsale price on this (~$2K ) as it is likely to end up back at D.N.A.

NOW, here come the cool part:twitch: I don't really need the cash, don't really know what I want to replace that hobby so if someone wants it but doesn't have that kinda $$$, I can work out somekind of trade.

For what? Who knows...maybe something I don't have for the truck,need or want for the truck, maybe left over Blockbuster giftcards and cash, maybe
computer stuff...pint is, who cares, I might want it.

Another cool thing might be if someone had a new hobby for me that was worth more than the aquarium: I can pay a difference.
Maybe someone has a nice Gen 1 or vette that they were thinking of getting rid of...I may want to pay the difference myself...provided I don't get emails about trades involving ticketts items like Ferrarris and Lear Jets:rll:

Just throwing this out in case someone wanted it since I would rather it go here than back to the store for someone else to loose money on:vomit:
email me ideas: andy_cain@comcast.net

andy_cain
02-10-2004, 06:43 PM
And the filtration system:tu:

OOOOHHHHHH, Forgot to mention :

I DO NOT HELP MOVE AS ANY PART OF SALE/TRADE ...might want to think about that if you live in an upstairs apartment:rll: , do the math on the weight of that as the emply glass tank weighs somewhere near 800 pounds:eek2:

SILVER2000SVT
02-10-2004, 08:35 PM
Wayne,

I don't suppose you are interested in a trade for some high end car audio components. I have all the components from an old system that I used to have in my Dakota R/T. They've been collecting dust since I got my Lightning just because I haven't had the motivation to use them in a system for the Lightning. Everything is in prestine condition from an almost $10K system, $6K in components alone. About 3 years old but only used for less than 6 months. 3 PPI Amps, Alpine Head unit, 4 JL 12's, wires, fuse blocks, capacitors,...and just to give you an idea, the 2 gel cell battery's are $350 each that I've kept on a trickle charger ever since pulling them from the truck.

andy_cain
02-10-2004, 09:25 PM
Absolutly!

See, now were talking. My L or my next project may need a stereo refresh.
Email or PM me a number and we can chat:D

skalywags
02-11-2004, 01:05 AM
what about the shark?

andy_cain
02-11-2004, 02:22 PM
The only livestock that will go with the tank are the turbo snail that are in there...they are a PITA to get out and they help keep the tank clean:tu: