PDA

View Full Version : Single Blade Throttle Body

scott015
02-13-2004, 06:34 PM
Iv heard good and bad from this.... im here to ask it straight up for those who have it or had it on their Ls

is it worth it? Can you expect any HP gain at all??? Can you "feel" a difference... I have a chance to buy on for about $250 and just curious if its worth it... I think they usually go for about $400

cpeapea
02-13-2004, 07:15 PM
its not worth it, you might gain a little throttle response though

Crawford
02-13-2004, 07:21 PM
For 250 I would go ahead and get it. That is how much I paid for my used Accufab. The performance is maybe 5-8hp. The throttle response is no different. The spring setup on it is different than stock and that difference can give off the feeling of a better throttle response, but I dont think its real.

Bottom line. If $250 isnt much money to ya and you wanna continue to build your truck up I would say get it.

Hope this helped... to confuse you more. :burnout:

dboat
02-13-2004, 07:33 PM
While not a huge perf gain, I would get it.. I thought it had a little better response at initial tip in.. IMHO..
Dana

03LightningRocks
02-13-2004, 07:51 PM
Iv heard good and bad from this.... im here to ask it straight up for those who have it or had it on their Ls

is it worth it? Can you expect any HP gain at all??? Can you "feel" a difference... I have a chance to buy on for about $250 and just curious if its worth it... I think they usually go for about $400
Scott,

I have been watching you run all over the place asking about different mods as if each one is some kind of magic bullet.

I'll give you some friendly advice. STOP...right where your at....STOP!!! The proper path to a quick truck is through planning. By planning, I don't mean asking which mod gives you what H.P. I am talking about making a decision on what you ultimately want from your truck. Then you lay out a plan to get there. You are all out of order in your wants and it won't be long before you are on here asking everyone, "who builds the best short block."

Asking how much H.P. one can gain from this or that is like asking if frog taste like chicken. It depends on how the frog is cooked and what seasonings the chicken had that we are comparing it to.

Let me give you a starting point.
Intake mods will improve the performance as long as the exhaust mods are there to support them.
Intake and exhaust mods will only improve performance if your setup is exceeding the factory capabilities of the intake and exhaust.

Above all else....keep an eye on your tune as you go. Many of the different mods are "helpers" for other mods. H.P.and torque gains can come in different RPM ranges. You may make a change that is only a 2 H.P. peak gain, but improves H.P. 8 at 3400 RPMS.

Rocks

P.S. Hell yes the single blade throttle body is worth 250. As long as it isn't broken. Get it...and put it on your truck. You will benefit from it if you keep increasing your boost. Get some long tubes if you don't already have them. It will help your truck breath...and it won't gain you jack in H.P....LOL.

mercbuff
02-13-2004, 09:20 PM
some of the best advice i have read so far rob telling you like it is . you have to have a plan and the right combo.:twitch:

02BOLT
02-13-2004, 09:39 PM
Scott,

I have been watching you run all over the place asking about different mods as if each one is some kind of magic bullet.

I'll give you some friendly advice. STOP...right where your at....STOP!!! The proper path to a quick truck is through planning. By planning, I don't mean asking which mod gives you what H.P. I am talking about making a decision on what you ultimately want from your truck. Then you lay out a plan to get there. You are all out of order in your wants and it won't be long before you are on here asking everyone, "who builds the best short block."

Asking how much H.P. one can gain from this or that is like asking if frog taste like chicken. It depends on how the frog is cooked and what seasonings the chicken had that we are comparing it to.

Let me give you a starting point.
Intake mods will improve the performance as long as the exhaust mods are there to support them.
Intake and exhaust mods will only improve performance if your setup is exceeding the factory capabilities of the intake and exhaust.

Above all else....keep an eye on your tune as you go. Many of the different mods are "helpers" for other mods. H.P.and torque gains can come in different RPM ranges. You may make a change that is only a 2 H.P. peak gain, but improves H.P. 8 at 3400 RPMS.

Rocks

P.S. Hell yes the single blade throttle body is worth 250. As long as it isn't broken. Get it...and put it on your truck. You will benefit from it if you keep increasing your boost. Get some long tubes if you don't already have them. It will help your truck breath...and it won't gain you jack in H.P....LOL.

Couldn't have said it better....Excellent advice:tu:

Sixpipes
02-13-2004, 09:42 PM
The proper path to a quick truck is through planning.
I would advise you to do as I did some five years ago. Spend as much money on as many things as you can and you will eventually end up with a fast truck. (I have a plasma booster I will sell you for $100). The single-blade is worth the investment for the improved throttle response if nothing else. :cool:

QIK KAT
02-13-2004, 10:00 PM
Heres my advice, Start with your tranny&rear end. That alone will get you down the track quicker. Then start bolting on some HP. That throttle body as far as im conserned isnt worth a sh##t:vomit:

03LightningRocks
02-13-2004, 10:05 PM
I would advise you to do as I did some five years ago. Spend as much money on as many things as you can and you will eventually end up with a fast truck. (I have a plasma booster I will sell you for $100). The single-blade is worth the investment for the improved throttle response if nothing else. :cool:
LMAO..........He's right...you'll end up with every mod imaginable...and a quick truck:d .

Dennis....it would not be worth the hundred bucks for the trouble of taking that thing off.

Rocks

bobbywade69
02-13-2004, 10:11 PM
Yes what they said just plan and start from ground up make sure u have the drivetrain to back up the power and then start adding power!:tu:

QIK KAT
02-13-2004, 10:25 PM
Like my great,great grand papy used to say, if you dont have the back bone what good are your legs!:bows

TP Derrick D
02-13-2004, 11:34 PM
Way to go Rocks!!!! 'bout time some one set these young ones(L ownership wise) straight. Question after question after question but never head the advice or follow up on it. Seem like it always got a HOW MUCH $$$$ ? in there also. I guess no one told them Horsepower ain't free, you got to pay to be fast. If only I had all my $ back. Terry posted up a suggestion to that effect a few weeks ago ... probably went unread :confused:
By the way Rocks (I haven't met you yet, but I like your style) remember that?