PDA

View Full Version : 71 Chevelle ss454 vrs my 2001 L

rickgig
06-27-2002, 10:16 PM
Y'all... there is a guy at the church I go to that has a 71 ss454 Chevelle convertable (red). He's tellin me that he killed a new Mustang GT (no big deal) and that he can do the same to me...

I doubt it but have any of y'all run into him he in the Dallas area???

Let me know...

I came up against a late model Camaro SS (white w/black stripes and "SS" on the hood scoop) with the license plate of "CAGED" in Frisco the other day... coming down the tollway we hit it pretty fast and I really didn't catch up (I was 1/4 mile behind when the Camaro saw me and hit it)... got to 121 going east and caught up and then the Camaro nailed it and this time it didn't gain any ground on me... I was feeling pretty good until I pulled up next to it. She... yes "she"... smilled and rolled her window down and said I had a good looking truck... Obviously her Camaro was built by her husband and they may have it featured in Camaro Mag soon... I can imagine what would of happened if he were driving it!!!

Anyways... it was caged and the interior was awesome. I didn't hurt that she was very attractive too...

It's a great looking car and I am sure some of you have seen it already....

But back to the Chevelle... any bets on who'll win??? He tells me it's stock... I'll be able to tell once I get to look under the hood...

Any G2 would be appreciated...

blueoval01
06-27-2002, 10:46 PM
rickgig, my first experience with a 454 was a '84 GM pickup. In the early '70's, I'm not aware the 454 was even available. Most were 327 and 350's as I recall.
The 454 is a BIG A$$ motor and takes up every bit of what space is under the hood.

But, My X brother-n-law is a Corvette expert and he would know for sure.

As for a "stock" '71 Chevelle with a 454, I guess it's possible, but I would leary of that :bs

Invite him to Ennis or any other 1/4 mile track and prove that his balls are bigger than yours ..
:banana:

rickgig
06-28-2002, 06:34 AM
Good idea on the Ennis part...

454's where definately around in the early 70's... seeing how I am 48... I lived that era :D

Most were LS5's which was rated around 390 HP, I think. The LS6 was major bad at 450HP and nearly 500+ in torque...

Ennis is the deal... I've haven't raced the L there yet and it's time for that to change :tu:

tliss
06-28-2002, 07:41 AM
Some of us are heading out there tonight. Come along!

Tom

Moonshine
06-28-2002, 12:20 PM
rickgig's right, there were plenty of 454 Chevelle's made. It'd be a real shock to see one that's still stock, but if it is I'd wager on the L. in a heartbeat. If it's been massaged, well, who knows. :burnout:

Logan
06-28-2002, 12:33 PM
What people tend to forget is that very very few Muscle cars broke into the 13's stock... Most were 14 second plus cars...

Unless it's got a little work done to it, your L will smack it.

My Cougar is about 360hp right now, which made it good for a 14.2 quarter last week...

rickgig
06-28-2002, 12:56 PM
All right... it sounds like I am going to go and give some smack:banana:

Sorry y'all... I can't make Ennis tonight but I will in the future... specially when I get the Chevelle to show up...

Y'all have fun tonight... I might see y'all Sunday at the Hooters in Frisco... I live there but I am booked until 2pm and it's over at 3pm...

It is still on right???

Looking forward to meeting y'all...

rickgig
06-28-2002, 12:57 PM
When I said I live there I ment Frisco... not Hooters :D

wesman
06-28-2002, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by rickgig
When I said I live there I ment Frisco... not Hooters :D

That wouldn't be such a bad place to live :tu:

--wes

BigBob
06-29-2002, 01:32 PM
Must have been a slow GT if he is stock. I have run a modded hardtop than managed ~9.0 in 1/8th. There are modded Chevelles than run 12ths and quicker easily, but no stock convertibles.

Sixpipes
06-29-2002, 04:01 PM
Ran a 68 Chevelle SS396 at Denton 1/8. Like Big Bob said, about 9 flat in street tires.