PDA

View Full Version : bad noise

Razor
02-19-2004, 09:53 PM
Any ever lay under the truck and hear a very slight knocking noise?? Sounded like the pistons tappin the walls gently..??Under 12k miles..and stock.:confused:

cpeapea
02-20-2004, 06:50 AM
doesnt take much to get piston slap, does it warm up and go away?

Razor
02-20-2004, 09:36 PM
Yes it does go away. What a crappy built bottom end.

doesnt take much to get piston slap, does it warm up and go away?

Badcarma
02-20-2004, 10:34 PM
Yes it does go away. What a crappy built bottom end.
It's not the bottom end, if that was the case you would just blow the hole thing! It's the top end and the oil drainage from sitting. Are you using motorcraft oil filter? Mine sits for weeks at a time, and knocks when i first start it up. not as bad when I use motorcraft oil filter, suposedly there is a spring in the filter to keep oil from draining from the top end :rolleyes: .

Scott

Razor
02-20-2004, 10:46 PM
Thats crazy but I believe you. I just put a fram in it. What came out of it was a POS Quakerstate though...lol. I guess I will go look for a motocraft one. Is that a dealer part?

It's not the bottom end, if that was the case you would just blow the hole thing! It's the top end and the oil drainage from sitting. Are you using motorcraft oil filter? Mine sits for weeks at a time, and knocks when i first start it up. not as bad when I use motorcraft oil filter, suposedly there is a spring in the filter to keep oil from draining from the top end :rolleyes: .

Scott

Badcarma
02-22-2004, 01:56 AM
Thats crazy but I believe you. I just put a fram in it. What came out of it was a POS Quakerstate though...lol. I guess I will go look for a motocraft one. Is that a dealer part?

Walmart $3 bucks:tu:

Scott

L8 APEX
02-22-2004, 03:24 AM
You just want a filter with an anti siphon valve in it. Mobil1, NAPA gold, the S in FL-820S stands for Silicon which is what the valve is made of. All these filters have the valve or flap in them.