PDA

View Full Version : Today is the day...the motor is coming out

cpeapea
02-21-2004, 01:08 PM
Well folks i just decided to get off my lazy bum and pull this motor out. so far ive got the radiator out, most of the hoses off, the blower is mostly off, blower idler pulley braket. im going to start unhooking the LT's and the tranny today, if all goes according to plans (which it never does) i should have it out today. i should have to the machine shop monday to punch it out, hone it,port, balanced,etc. then ill blueprint it, and slap'er together. then the grueling task of putting the damn thing back in.

skalywags
02-21-2004, 07:59 PM
i'd like to see some of the assembly.

03'svtlight
02-21-2004, 09:02 PM
Well folks i just decided to get off my lazy bum and pull this motor out. so far ive got the radiator out, most of the hoses off, the blower is mostly off, blower idler pulley braket. im going to start unhooking the LT's and the tranny today, if all goes according to plans (which it never does) i should have it out today. i should have to the machine shop monday to punch it out, hone it,port, balanced,etc. then ill blueprint it, and slap'er together. then the grueling task of putting the damn thing back in.
you should have a bad mofo gaven knana

my2002lightning
02-21-2004, 11:35 PM
Gaven,

Take plenty of .jpegs of the process and post up.:tu:

Ronald

cpeapea
02-22-2004, 01:01 PM
ok, it sucks because i will miss my truck being in the group picture, but this is the only chance i will get to pull it out. but i will take plenty of pics of the motor diss/assembly.

tliss
02-22-2004, 06:03 PM
You missed a great time. We got more Lightnings out there than expected. It was good. Some pics will be up soon!

Tom

cpeapea
02-22-2004, 06:13 PM
yea i know, i reeeeally wanted to be there, in fact i called ron and told him to tell everyone i said hi. im taking the block, crank, rods, and heads to the machine shop tomorrow to be bored, balanced and the heads to be reworked for the larger heads. im going to gasket match the heads and have the intake valves 3 angled and the exhaust radiused. then im going to blueprint the motor and slap her together!

tliss
02-22-2004, 06:15 PM
yea i know, i reeeeally wanted to be there, in fact i called ron and told him to tell everyone i said hi. im taking the block, crank, rods, and heads to the machine shop tomorrow to be bored, balanced and the heads to be reworked for the larger heads. im going to gasket match the heads and have the intake valves 3 angled and the exhaust radiused. then im going to blueprint the motor and slap her together!Yeah, Ron said you called and told him to tell us to kiss yer ass. I'm telling you, that Ron is a bad influence on us :evil . Have fun with the motor and keep us posted.

Tom

cpeapea
02-22-2004, 06:23 PM
ah, i see ron is causin trouble for me already lol

ron your:banned :D

L8 APEX
02-22-2004, 11:19 PM
Did it come out today:D

03LightningRocks
02-23-2004, 01:24 AM
ah, i see ron is causin trouble for me already lol

ron your:banned :D

Yeah...that dude is trouble! I think he should be http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/226198.gif.

Rocks:evil

cpeapea
02-23-2004, 07:19 PM
yea the motor came out without a hitch. i got some good pics of me and some buds tearing down the motor. i took it to the machine shop today, hopefully it will be back together by the end of the week and ready to be dropped in

L8 APEX
03-17-2004, 10:32 PM
its been three weeks so how's it running:d

mercbuff
03-17-2004, 11:53 PM
come on gaven dont take a year like terry did:d

L8 APEX
03-17-2004, 11:59 PM
That is how long it took for me to not be mad at it any longer:hammer: What is worse is I had a 9600$$ crate motor ready to run just sitting in the shop for 6 months collecting dust. It wasn't a year either smartass 7 months:throw:. It is about time for my annual teardown and inspection:evil . The mechanics ride always comes last:rolleyes:

cpeapea
03-18-2004, 06:46 AM
i have yet to put it back in, hopefully this weekend. im really anxious, but at the same time just lazy. plus yesterday, to add to the lack of motivation, i dropped a 50lb weight on my toe, now i can barely move it.

mercbuff
03-18-2004, 08:51 AM
terry, i love trying to stir it . mec. is all ways the last to go together that way they can learn on everybody elses.:rll:

L8 APEX
03-18-2004, 11:23 PM
terry, i love trying to stir it . mec. is all ways the last to go together that way they can learn on everybody elses.:rll: and gather better parts from them:evil