PDA

View Full Version : Extended Waranty

Sandman
02-22-2004, 05:02 PM
Buyin a Lightning!!! Should I get an extended waranty? I know Ford likes to void them.... I am not planning on modding too heavily. This is what I'm thinking.

1) New exhaust.. maybe Terry's Loudmouth
2) 2" Drop to get the back end out of the sky
3) Filter
4) Boost Bypass mod

Maybe further down the road..
Traction bars and a driveshaft loop.

Who knows... maybe I'll just decide the truck is perfect the way it is and not do a thing to it.

PoorSvtman
02-22-2004, 05:10 PM
If those are the only mods you are going to do, wich is doubtful. A extended warranty wouldnt hurt.

But if you are normal the mod bug will bite hard fast and you will end up putting pulleys, and chips,etc. Its never ending and there is no cure for the mod bug.

By the way i have a K&n panel filter for the stock air box up for grabs.

Sandman
02-22-2004, 05:58 PM
Well.. I don't "plan" on doing any more mods.... but you never know. I do know that you gotta pay if ya wanna play... I can buy the truck.. but if it blows up, it will be tough to pay.

L8 APEX
02-22-2004, 06:03 PM
I would only buy the Ford warranty no other. There are many imitation warranties that are crap. If you plan on running a lot of miles and get it at cost which shold be about 700 bucks then it is a good deal.

dboat
02-22-2004, 06:07 PM
You didnt say if you were buying a new one. You can buy it later and the price will be a little higher, but I wont decide until the original one is almost gone. In other words, if you still have warranty, then wait until its almost gone to decide to buy it.. you may have modded the heck out of it by then.
Dana

Sandman
02-22-2004, 06:09 PM
Yeah, I would only buy a Ford waranty.

Yes, the truck is brand new. If I wait until the factory waranty is almost up... will the price of the extended waranty go up???

dboat
02-22-2004, 06:18 PM
Yeah, I would only buy a Ford waranty.

Yes, the truck is brand new. If I wait until the factory waranty is almost up... will the price of the extended waranty go up???

probably a little, but if you buy it and then mod it, you wont get much money back. If it does go up it wont be by much.. they have a site you can buy one from and you can put in different years and mileages to see the price.. I dont have the link anymore.
Dana