PDA

View Full Version : traction bars

STEALTH02
02-23-2004, 05:02 PM
I'm running DR's right now and after heating them up still couldn't grab traction when I was racing a buddies LS1 over the weekend. Will traction bars help me plant the tires and get a better launch?

Band
02-23-2004, 05:22 PM
I'm running DR's right now and after heating them up still couldn't grab traction when I was racing a buddies LS1 over the weekend. Will traction bars help me plant the tires and get a better launch?

Yes.... but its not a huge difference on the street with F1's.

Your DR's will utilize the traction bars a lil better than F1's, in theory :D

At the track, my traction bars reduced 95% of potential wheel spin off the line with F1's(in other words, I can barely break them loose). But keep in mind, my engine output is still stock.

cpeapea
02-23-2004, 07:15 PM
bad idea to run any sort of sticky tires with out traction bars....big nono. axle rap is the best way to break your driveshaft, and without a loop biiiigg time damage

STEALTH02
02-23-2004, 10:50 PM
bad idea to run any sort of sticky tires with out traction bars....big nono. axle rap is the best way to break your driveshaft, and without a loop biiiigg time damage

Yeah I thought so, I'm going to order them from JLP tomorrow along with the loop :tu:

03LightningRocks
02-24-2004, 04:09 AM

Ya know Gaven....your a pretty fart smeller for such a young guy...LOL:beer: .

The main reason for "traction bars" is to prevent axle rap. Getting better traction is actually secondary.

Rocks:bows

cpeapea
02-24-2004, 06:52 AM
i am arent i?:rll: :beer: