PDA

View Full Version : Race program shifting?

Crawford
02-24-2004, 12:44 AM
Those of you that run race programs at the track, is the shifting harder on your race programs than your street programs? Just curious.

03LightningRocks
02-24-2004, 03:14 AM
I'm a nope it don't....and that's for a reason. If you have any type of pressure mod on your tranny....for example, FTVB or similar, and you allow your tuner to jack with your shifting, other than simple shift point adjustments, you are going to need a built tranny before you know it.

I had a funny thing happen when they installed my FTVB during the mod session in Florida. This was one of the last mods we did out there. The chip had been done already. After putting the FTVB in, my truck would hit second gear so hard at slow speeds...I got to were I didn't want it to shift. It would snap your head back just barely cruising. This is B.S. and gives NO GAIN AT ALL, other than maybe to help a small penis guy feel equal to the rest of us.

The shifting in my truck is set to factory specs, other than shift points....The pressure is not jacked with at all.

Rocks

03LightningRocks
02-24-2004, 03:20 AM
One more thing to stir the pot. If you answer YES IT DOES....I bet it doesn't. I bet it is more from the fact that you reset your computer when you went to the race side. Your factory computer will start to make adjustments to what your chip is trying to tell it to do from the day you put it in up to about 500 miles.

Whenever you reset it, the process starts over again and thus you are getting harder shifts.

Rocks:tu:

*edit to add* Ok...so maybe I am wrong.....it looks like some do have hard arse shifting in their chips...:D .

Sixpipes
02-24-2004, 08:32 AM
Mine doesn't, but that's what I wanted from Swanson. :cool:

Silver_2000
02-24-2004, 09:00 AM
Ok Ron... I voted yes it does cause - Yes it does.....

I wanted it that way - I have a Level 10 Built tranny, I dont clear the computer most of the time when I flip it and YES I can feel it on the track and it saves a little ET...

Doug

03LightningRocks
02-24-2004, 09:10 AM
Ok Ron... I voted yes it does cause - Yes it does.....

I wanted it that way - I have a Level 10 Built tranny, I dont clear the computer most of the time when I flip it and YES I can feel it on the track and it saves a little ET...

Doug

LOL....do I know how to stir the pot or do I know how to stir the pot:d ?

Rocks:beer:

L8 APEX
02-24-2004, 09:47 AM
Most race programs will lock up the converter 80-100% so it can feel different.

03LightningRocks
02-24-2004, 09:51 AM

Quit playing around on the internet and go get my fuel pumps:hammer: .

Rocks:beer:

Silver_2000
02-24-2004, 09:52 AM
Maybe thats the ticket.. In ANY CASE I have my street program VERY MILD for daily driving and some light towing - The RACE program is MUCH crisper ( harder )

I dont know if its line pressure or a flux capacitor ..

RON - Yes you do like to stir **** up - BUT in some cases we agree
http://www.f150online.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=147511

Doug

03LightningRocks
02-24-2004, 09:57 AM
Maybe thats the ticket.. In ANY CASE I have my street program VERY MILD for daily driving and some light towing - The RACE program is MUCH crisper ( harder )

I dont know if its line pressure or a flux capacitor ..

RON - Yes you do like to stir **** up - BUT in some cases we agree
http://www.f150online.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=147511

Doug

Yeah, that crap is beginning to piss me off. They go running around buying copy cat garbage from someone else, and then come running back in seeking the advice of the supporting vendors for free.

Rocks:flaming:

tliss
02-24-2004, 10:19 AM
You got a front row seat Friday to see how hard that biotch shifts into second! That was on hell of a ride!

My daily driving program is stock, but my street programs have increased pressure for the pistol whip kick in the ass. I only use those programs on the track. And you know, I kinda like it!!:d

Tom

Crawford
02-24-2004, 10:51 AM
You got a front row seat Friday to see how hard that biotch shifts into second!
Thats the truth. I thought you were toast man! Glad you didnt eat wall. Now that you have the traction bars you shouldnt get sideways like that. :tu:

99WhiteBeast
02-24-2004, 02:45 PM
No bump on the pressure for me:nono:

ken cryder
02-26-2004, 03:29 AM
You got a front row seat Friday to see how hard that biotch shifts into second! That was on hell of a ride!

My daily driving program is stock, but my street programs have increased pressure for the pistol whip kick in the ass. I only use those programs on the track. And you know, I kinda like it!!:d

Tom
increasing line pressure robs hp and will sooner or later make you mod line valve stick and take out second gear , if you don't have self cleaning stainless valves .

i think i have proven my builder knows what he's doing . when i can run 3.55s and a stock tc and pull off 1.65 sixty foots the weak point of my tranny are the stock tcs i put in it .

make your shifting crisper in the tranny not by using line pressure . i also run a stock vavle body . just reprogrammed it . mine shifts smooth around town but the harder your on the gas the harder it shifts . i have run 11 months now with well over 150 passes on this tranny and only the tc has just started giving me trouble again .

ken

cpeapea
02-26-2004, 06:48 AM
i have a ftvb, so i dont think there is any need for upped line pressure