PDA

View Full Version : Dru's Journey To Buy A Lightning! ;)

LonghornLightning
02-24-2004, 03:33 AM
Well we're going to have the money clear here in the next two weeks it appears, and we've started talking to some dealers. I test drove one yesterday in plano (wow). :beer: Well anyways...we've had 2 dealers say sticker/two said they could do 30,900-31k..and i'm meeting with another dealer down here tomorrow...is 30,900 that bad? (this is the guy that let us test drove..over the phone he told us that..i imagine if I was holding a check cut for 30k he might drop a tad??) Let me know what you guys think

03LightningRocks
02-24-2004, 03:44 AM
Well we're going to have the money clear here in the next two weeks it appears, and we've started talking to some dealers. I test drove one yesterday in plano (wow). :beer: Well anyways...we've had 2 dealers say sticker/two said they could do 30,900-31k..and i'm meeting with another dealer down here tomorrow...is 30,900 that bad? (this is the guy that let us test drove..over the phone he told us that..i imagine if I was holding a check cut for 30k he might drop a tad??) Let me know what you guys think
Call David Wilmoth at North Central Ford.....tell him Ron Durham sent you. He may be able to hook you up for less than that.

Rocks(Ron)

Gonzo
02-24-2004, 08:01 AM
Look into getting your L under X-plan -- 4% over dealer invoice, no negociations required, no slimed feeling. Bought my '01 that-a-way and price dropped from about 32K to 29K

Silver_2000
02-24-2004, 08:57 AM
If I can save you $1500 would you donate $500 of it to TALON ?

Doug

03LightningRocks
02-24-2004, 09:09 AM
Look into getting your L under X-plan -- 4% over dealer invoice, no negociations required, no slimed feeling. Bought my '01 that-a-way and price dropped from about 32K to 29K

I actually comes out to be about 150 dollars UNDER dealer invoice, but it is still a good idea:d .

Rocks

Sandman
02-24-2004, 10:19 AM
Call David Wilmoth at North Central Ford.....tell him Ron Durham sent you. He may be able to hook you up for less than that.

Rocks(Ron)
I too would recommend NCF. They have been nothing short of excellent to me.:beer:

LonghornLightning
02-24-2004, 11:38 AM
If I can save you $1500 would you donate $500 of it to TALON ?

Doug

I am paying cash/check for this truck..there will be no financing, and right now we're sitting like I said about 30,900. I would have no problem at all handing you 500 bucks if you could get it down to 29,400. I'd even drive over to your house and literally hand it to you and show you my new sonic blue baby. ;) What do you have to do to qualify for X-plan? anything?

LonghornLightning
02-24-2004, 07:42 PM
after the journey today..the lowest we've found is 30k that a dealer will sell..that's needed a pin too....so unless we can find something better, maybe some great person wants to donate a pin to me so I can get it for 30k ;)..i'm still going to try and shoot for lower at some of these other dealers but they're jacka$$es and said they wouldn't sell lower than that

Silver_2000
02-24-2004, 08:01 PM
after the journey today..the lowest we've found is 30k that a dealer will sell..that's needed a pin too....so unless we can find something better, maybe some great person wants to donate a pin to me so I can get it for 30k ;)..i'm still going to try and shoot for lower at some of these other dealers but they're jacka$$es and said they wouldn't sell lower than that
Well

the dealer was lying to you. Xplan is 29500 or so - NOT negotiable.

He can choose NOT To sell you at Xplan - OR he can take an Xplan pin and according to the regs sellit to you at Xplan price.

Keep LOOKING - Logan likes John eagle lincoln - Not sure if they can get an SVT - But he has bought them there.. David N likes North Central Ford..

Band
02-24-2004, 08:08 PM
I think my sticker was 33,410. After my xplan it was 29,900. There is also another $500 rebate if you fall under certain relations with the xplan provider..

David Willmouth at North Central :tu:

LonghornLightning
02-24-2004, 08:28 PM
I just gave David a call, talked to him about and he's going to try and track me down a blue..which I told him I've already found them, he said he takes care of people that Ron sends to him and the X-Plan is the only way to do it so he's going to call me tomorrow with a price. Another thing I was going to ask, are all x-plans..the same essentially? I have a relative at SBC that has a pin but for some reason they said I could only get it for 31k? were they lying to him just because this dealer is his client so I should be able to use his pin myself at NCF and get the x-plan at 29,500 or whatever # david gives me. Thanks for all the help, you guys have been nothing but great help here.

03LightningRocks
02-24-2004, 08:45 PM
I just gave David a call, talked to him about and he's going to try and track me down a blue..which I told him I've already found them, he said he takes care of people that Ron sends to him and the X-Plan is the only way to do it so he's going to call me tomorrow with a price. Another thing I was going to ask, are all x-plans..the same essentially? I have a relative at SBC that has a pin but for some reason they said I could only get it for 31k? were they lying to him just because this dealer is his client so I should be able to use his pin myself at NCF and get the x-plan at 29,500 or whatever # david gives me. Thanks for all the help, you guys have been nothing but great help here.

You will have to use a pin that is issued in your name. Now make the next move I told you to make...LOL....Your starting to remind me of my son:hammer: .

Rocks:d

03LightningRocks
02-24-2004, 08:49 PM

Yes they lied their arses off to him. They are taking advantage of the business relationship....that is why I do business with David. He could work at any Ford dealership out there, he would have my business. The guy has not BSed me once in the 2 years I have known him.

Rocks:beer:

Band
02-24-2004, 08:50 PM

It sounds like you are on the right track.... To my knowledge, all xplans are the same... Dealers reserve the right to deny them, but they have no authority to change anything on an xplan deal... (no haggle is underrated)

That other dealer didn't do the actual calculations or something, cause that ain't right..

Be sure to ask David the specifics on that $500 rebate...

03LightningRocks
02-24-2004, 08:55 PM
Sorry about the multiple posts...I keep thinking of more ways to skin the cat.

If your relative has access to a sight with SBC that issues pin # for X-Plan...he may be able to go to it and get a pin issued in YOUR social security number and name. Ask him about this. Make sure it is an X-Plan pin.

Rocks:d

03LightningRocks
02-24-2004, 08:57 PM
It sounds like you are on the right track.... To my knowledge, all xplans are the same... Dealers reserve the right to deny them, but they have no authority to change anything on an xplan deal... (no haggle is underrated)

That other dealer didn't do the actual calculations or something, cause that ain't right..

Be sure to ask David the specifics on that $500 rebate...

Bump:tu:

StormShadow
02-24-2004, 08:58 PM
I used an SBC pin at North Central Ford with David Wilmouth. Thanks Ron.

03LightningRocks
02-24-2004, 09:07 PM
I used an SBC pin at North Central Ford with David Wilmouth. Thanks Ron.

So SBC has a web sight that a body can get a pin from? Then can drus relative hook him up?

By the way...Dru...check your pm's.

StormShadow
02-24-2004, 09:13 PM
So SBC has a web sight that a body can get a pin from? Then can drus relative hook him up?

By the way...Dru...check your pm's.
There is a number for employees to call. You have to give a company id number to get a pin. The pin can be used for immediate family or the individuals use only and is good for one year.

03LightningRocks
02-24-2004, 09:22 PM
There is a number for employees to call. You have to give a company id number to get a pin. The pin can be used for immediate family or the individuals use only and is good for one year.

There ya go Dru........just make sure the pin is in YOUR name and social. It will be rejected if it does not match the name the truck is being titled in.

Band
02-24-2004, 09:39 PM
There ya go Dru........just make sure the pin is in YOUR name and social. It will be rejected if it does not match the name the truck is being titled in.

Also, they only need last 4 digits of ss#, not the entire number...

LonghornLightning
02-24-2004, 10:30 PM
He can't do me any good....without breaking company policy his SBC one doesn't technically help me. Any spares PINs to donate? haha

Could my cousin buy the car and i write the check, then after we're done there, go transfer the title over to me?? I mean this about a 1500 savings unless I have another PIN? what does everyone think of this idea

Silver_2000
02-24-2004, 10:48 PM
He can't do me any good....without breaking company policy his SBC one doesn't technically help me. Any spares PINs to donate? haha

Could my cousin buy the car and i write the check, then after we're done there, go transfer the title over to me?? I mean this about a 1500 savings unless I have another PIN? what does everyone think of this ideaI called my guy but left Voice Mail

Go to the lightning forum on F150 http://www.f150online.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=50

And post that you are ready to buy and have looked and looked and beg for a PIN #
Convince one of the many Ford Employees to give you one of thiers.
You need to make sure they know you are ready to buy....

Doug

Sandman
02-24-2004, 10:50 PM
I just bought my White L at NCF today. They have a black one on the lot. I believe that is all they have right now. However, they can dealer trade for you.:beer:

03LightningRocks
02-24-2004, 10:55 PM
I called my guy but left Voice Mail

Go to the lightning forum on F150 http://www.f150online.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=50

And post that you are ready to buy and have looked and looked and beg for a PIN #
Convince one of the many Ford Employees to give you one of thiers.
You need to make sure they know you are ready to buy....

Doug
I have only told him to do that about 4 times.....check your PM Dru...LOL.

Now that You told him, he'll probably do it:hammer: .

Rocks

LonghornLightning
02-26-2004, 08:38 PM
I've got a PIN from my cousin now (he's curious if anyone has ever seen an explorer with the lightning engine dropped in??) and now i'm just waiting for the money to get to me. He's going to call around and see what he can do with more of his clients at dealerships and atleast I know what I can get to now, and don't have to deal with the f150 boards for a pin.

03LightningRocks
02-26-2004, 10:42 PM
I've got a PIN from my cousin now (he's curious if anyone has ever seen an explorer with the lightning engine dropped in??) and now i'm just waiting for the money to get to me. He's going to call around and see what he can do with more of his clients at dealerships and atleast I know what I can get to now, and don't have to deal with the f150 boards for a pin.

He'll get you what you want. Do yourself a favor and don't go back to the dealers that started out Bullsh!tt!ng you. For them to drop the price now is saying, "I was trying to Fock you, but since you caught me, here is the real price". They will B.S. about other things too.

Great news on the pin number.

Rocks:tu:

LonghornLightning
02-26-2004, 11:04 PM
yeah when I talked to the dealer down here in austin, I flat out told the guy to his face I wanted one on an X plan for 29, and I know it could be done..the look on their face was something like "well damn....he knows but ugggggh" and he was throwing me bs like "you'll have to see if you qualify for an X plan"..then i said "well i'm going to buy this lightning for 29 on an x-plan, wether it's here or alaska, so I'll go look around, and I left.

03LightningRocks
02-26-2004, 11:07 PM
yeah when I talked to the dealer down here in austin, I flat out told the guy to his face I wanted one on an X plan for 29, and I know it could be done..the look on their face was something like "well damn....he knows but ugggggh" and he was throwing me bs like "you'll have to see if you qualify for an X plan"..then i said "well i'm going to buy this lightning for 29 on an x-plan, wether it's here or alaska, so I'll go look around, and I left.

Yeah...some of them don't like selling on X-plan for Lightnings. They have that option according to Ford. But if they agree to X-plan...they have no choice on the price.

Rocks

LonghornLightning
03-06-2004, 10:43 PM
Well we've taken care of the PIn and the money..now i'm just going to wait until I get back to Dallas to take care of this. Going to go out saturday (13th)looking for my 04 sonic blue baby ;) , and we're going to try and talk with one of my cousin's clients..there's a ford dealership somewhere that is owned by the same person who owns a mazda one in houston and my brother is buying a rx8, so we'll see if that is going to help us out at all. I'll keep you guys posted (gonna go take care of an alarm/stereo/order a snuglid during the week of the 15th. :nana2