PDA

View Full Version : Weird couple of days !

my2002lightning
02-24-2004, 10:00 PM
Well, it started yesterday on the rainy morning commute to Belo / Dallas Morning News downtown Dallas. (and no, wise-@sses, I don't deliver newspapers in the L !) :D

I see a DSG L up ahead on the toll-way and we get side-by-side and honk/thumbs-up. I made a point to get a head of him so his head lights would see the svtlightnings.com logo on back. Maybe he'll get the idea and check it out the url.

A few miles ahead and I see a brand-new black Cobra Mustang! Nice looking car and we do the same thing. And as I hit downtown, I see a black Marauder with chrome stock wheels. Good way to start a day at work! :bows

On the drive back to Frisco at 5pm, I'm north of I think Mockingbird/Lover's Lane on the DNTW, it's sprinkling pretty good (I'm driving about 40-45 mph) and I'm looking in the southbound lane.

I see this new beige Lexus SUV or whatever hauling ASS! It's almost as if they yanked the wheel hard-right from the inside left lane and went across the 2 outside lanes.

They hit the wall HARD spin a few times and start flipping side-to-side. I'm almost POSITIVE I saw air underneath the roof of that SUV. It just kept flipping. :eek2: I'm driving 45 and watching my own business and checking out the demolition derby. I did see they landed wheels down. I need a daily driver! :tu:

The funny thing is it was just like in the movies/tv, it seemed like ALL of it was in slow-motion.

Today, I go to eat lunch alot of times at the West End at Sub-Way, etc. and I've been seeing this brand-new black Cobra Mustang with the Cobra R wing on the back with OK. plates (odd!). It has these mesh cut-outs on the fenders behind the front wheels and dual exhaust outs in front of the back wheels.
Pretty tough looking in person! :bows

I get to talking to the "owner". Turns out he's a lawyer and the original owner is in jail/or something for "murdering" his dad for a half-million $ and the original owner signed over the Cobra as a down pmt. for legal fees.:eek2:

Jon, the lawyer, and I chatted a bit and told him about my L. I got his business card and he wants to see the L.

I'm taking the camera to work tomorrow. :D

Ronald

This must be my most wordy post yet with out posting a .jpeg or saying something about sn#w or Z#ino. :d

PoorSvtman
02-25-2004, 12:15 AM
Those are some interesting days.

My past few days seem to be like the weather. Real crappy. But my horoscopes have been right for once :eek2: . But it sucks that there right.

True Blue Aggie
02-25-2004, 12:20 AM
As soon as I get everything fixed that has happened in the past two days, I will let you kids know how bad its been. I am not sure I want to say what has all happened though, because KARMA can be a bitch sometimes.....:mad:

PoorSvtman
02-25-2004, 12:41 AM
I am not sure I want to say what has all happened though, because KARMA can be a bitch sometimes.....:mad:

So true. I think karam has saved up for awhile and has been kicking my a$$ for the past 5-6 months. :vomit:

my2002lightning
02-26-2004, 10:13 PM
Well, this is the Cobra Mustang I originally posted on. Helluva' way to acquire an SVT product! :eek2:

This sheister was telling me that the original owner did the the fender cut-out thing to help the brakes cool. I don't get it. :confused: I would think you would want the forced air source for brake-cooling coming from the front "ram-air" style.
Maybe I should've stuck with law-school.......:throw: :D

Ronald

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/344MVC-048F.JPG

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/344MVC-046F.JPG

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/344MVC-044F.JPG

ND4SPD
02-26-2004, 10:48 PM
that is quite frankly the gayest thing I have ever seen... :eek:

especailly with that left bottom rivet rusting...

03LightningRocks
02-26-2004, 11:37 PM
that is quite frankly the gayest thing I have ever seen... :eek:

especailly with that left bottom rivet rusting...

I will add to that...I think the exhaust set up looks gayer than the "ricer" emblem.

Sixpipes
02-26-2004, 11:55 PM
I will add to that...I think the exhaust set up looks gayer than the "ricer" emblem.
Not only that, the car looks like it wet itself. :cool:

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/344MVC-044F.JPG

Nuhklz
02-27-2004, 08:21 AM
Not only that, the car looks like it wet itself. :cool:

:rll: :rll:

REXRENEGADE
02-27-2004, 10:37 AM
The emblem is a little cheesy but the Scotland Forever is right on brother !
:bows Long Live The Scots

blueoval01
02-27-2004, 07:16 PM
Humm, this will be Laney's next truck, right? :rolleyes:
If not, you'll never live this down, Ronald. Even with more snow pics, you'll never live this down. :rll:
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/317YellowL-med.jpg

TP Derrick D
02-27-2004, 11:13 PM
Hey Rocks, the guy was obviously trying to copy a REAL Cobra R but I don't think the REAL Cobra R tips are as angled
Need some chrome 18" Cobra R or Roush rims on it tho :(

my2002lightning
02-27-2004, 11:50 PM
Curtis,
William Wallace! knana

Mark,

There's going to be ONLY 1 L in this house-hold unless Laney wins the lottery.

Anyone hear about the work-crew at the GM Arlington plant that walked away with $500K EACH after taxes from the office pool - TX lottery? :eek2:

I was just looking to see what "chromy" yellow would look like on the L. :D

Ronald

03LightningRocks
02-28-2004, 05:08 AM
Derrick,

I think he missed his goal...LOL...:beer: .

Ronald.......way to put your foot down!!!!! That way if she puts her boot in your butt, you'll be firmly planted....:tu: .

Rocks:d