PDA

View Full Version : Dyno

ND4SPD
02-26-2004, 08:55 PM
Hey Terry, I should be heading up to the DFW area in a week or two and wanted to know the cost for dyno runs, how many and such. I also have a superchip that I may want re burned. I just got this L a few weeks ago and want it running top nothch. Thanks! :D

Paul

tliss
02-26-2004, 09:59 PM
Hey Terry, I should be heading up to the DFW area in a week or two and wanted to know the cost for dyno runs, how many and such. I also have a superchip that I may want re burned. I just got this L a few weeks ago and want it running top nothch. Thanks! :D

Paul
There are a few places we frequent for dyno pulls...the price depends on where you go.

Speedworks in Lewisville is $60 for 3 pulls with A/F (special going now for $45)
Kwik Car in Richardson is $35 for 3 pulls with A/F
Keith Craft in Plano is $50-60 for 3 pulls with A/F

Those are the only three I've used but there are others. Seems like SPeedworks is the dyno of choice lately.

Let us know when you're coming and I'm sure a few of us will meet you at the dyno. :tu:

Tom

ND4SPD
02-26-2004, 10:23 PM
There are a few places we frequent for dyno pulls...the price depends on where you go.

Speedworks in Lewisville is $60 for 3 pulls with A/F (special going now for $45)
Kwik Car in Richardson is $35 for 3 pulls with A/F
Keith Craft in Plano is $50-60 for 3 pulls with A/F

Those are the only three I've used but there are others. Seems like SPeedworks is the dyno of choice lately.

Let us know when you're coming and I'm sure a few of us will meet you at the dyno. :tu:

Tom

HELL YEAH! :tu: , that would be great, I would love to meet up with some other L's and get a chance to meet some of you :beer: , that would make the trip a lot more worth while (coming from Abilene). As of right now I plan to go not this Sat, but the next and hopefully anoher L brotha will roll with me since he's close to Abilene. Also I want to put the Magna flow wild system on, I just heard that clip (sick!!) and it's a must, I have the Borla right now (came with L) will they just cut the borla muff of and weld on the mag or what if I want it. Thanks!!

Band
02-26-2004, 10:25 PM
edited

ND4SPD
02-26-2004, 10:31 PM
edited

lol :d

Band
02-26-2004, 10:33 PM
lol :d

hehe, I posted something that wasn't the most tasteful... and completely :0fftopic

my2002lightning
02-26-2004, 10:49 PM
HELL YEAH! :tu: , that would be great, I would love to meet up with some other L's and get a chance to meet some of you :beer: , that would make the trip a lot more worth while (coming from Abilene). As of right now I plan to go not this Sat, but the next and hopefully anoher L brotha will roll with me since he's close to Abilene. Also I want to put the Magna flow wild system on, I just heard that clip (sick!!) and it's a must, I have the Borla right now (came with L) will they just cut the borla muff of and weld on the mag or what if I want it. Thanks!!
Paul,

Not to talk you out of the PR Big-Mouth exhaust or anything, but just a little feed-back from the TALON guy that shot the vid. and has had that red '02 L / PR Big-Mouth a good while.

It ROCKS and it's pretty loud. I wondered why Laney always got onto me when I would gas on it while she was speaking with her Mother on her cell. I've let her drive the L with me in the passenger seat and I try to make a cell call and it's HARD to speak over the exhaust note...Just an observation.

I'd get the PR Big-Mouth all over again, btw.! :D

Ronald

ND4SPD
02-26-2004, 11:36 PM
Paul,

Not to talk you out of the PR Big-Mouth exhaust or anything, but just a little feed-back from the TALON guy that shot the vid. and has had that red '02 L / PR Big-Mouth a good while.

It ROCKS and it's pretty loud. I wondered why Laney always got onto me when I would gas on it while she was speaking with her Mother on her cell. I've let her drive the L with me in the passenger seat and I try to make a cell call and it's HARD to speak over the exhaust note...Just an observation.

I'd get the PR Big-Mouth all over again, btw.! :D

Ronald

Well if I don't like it I can always put the Borla back on, but it's like this, my other car (90 stang) has BBK equal lengths off road X and flowmaster 2 chamber cat back, it is in no means quite and it sounds awsome, I get told at least a week how good my stang sounds, it can be a little to loud though sometimes. And all my past vehicles have had a good sounding exhaust - 95GT, 98 Supercab, so it's a must that the car/truck I drive sound good and the borla sucks IMO.... :tu:

tliss
02-27-2004, 08:26 AM
As far as I am concerned, the louder and more obnoxious it is the better. I love mine, and actually want to get the headers and hi-flow cats to add to the performance of my whole package and make it freakin' louder!! When I leave in the morning, I want to wake up the neighborhood, dammit! :burnout:

Tom

TP Derrick D
02-27-2004, 06:24 PM
Well if I don't like it I can always put the Borla back on, but it's like this, my other car (90 stang) has BBK equal lengths off road X and flowmaster 2 chamber cat back, it is in no means quite and it sounds awsome, I get told at least a week how good my stang sounds, it can be a little to loud though sometimes. And all my past vehicles have had a good sounding exhaust - 95GT, 98 Supercab, so it's a must that the car/truck I drive sound good and the borla sucks IMO.... :tu:
:0fftopic OK, ...so what happened to the 95 GT? Since you're new to the board you must know I'm Mustangs (V-8 only) first (owned 2 over past 16 years) would probably still own it (89 GT) but got in a front end wreck was fixed ,kept 4 more years but sold it after seeing my current 95 GT. Lightning comes 2nd ,tho I luv'em the same if you can understand that. Just that I been in a Mustang far longer than the L has been built. Plus I can get another L similar to mine ,I built my Stang and it can't be replaced with just another one.

ND4SPD
02-28-2004, 01:01 AM
:0fftopic OK, ...so what happened to the 95 GT? Since you're new to the board you must know I'm Mustangs (V-8 only) first (owned 2 over past 16 years) would probably still own it (89 GT) but got in a front end wreck was fixed ,kept 4 more years but sold it after seeing my current 95 GT. Lightning comes 2nd ,tho I luv'em the same if you can understand that. Just that I been in a Mustang far longer than the L has been built. Plus I can get another L similar to mine ,I built my Stang and it can't be replaced with just another one.

:0fftopic Awww, the Mustang, trust me, I know exactly how you feel. I have driven nothing but stangs since 99(still do) I bought my 95GT back in mid 99 when I joined the Air Force and loved it death, I did all the basic mods, Cobra R's some nos and loved her. I just sold her about 5 months ago to buy my dream stang (fox body) a 90 stang with a built 306 and all the goodies and in awsome shape. She is sitting out side as I type this. I'm selling her too!!! If I could figure how to post a damn pic I would post of pic of them both. As I love my stang, I really wanted an L, that is why she is for sale, If I made more money, I would surely have both and make it a track car / very mean street car, man I want so bad to do that. Right now she will run a mid 8 all motor, with tires and some spray - easy 7's!!! :nana2 And that is the story of my stangs (sad now) :( but I can't be too sad, I have a sweet ass L that I freakin love, it's just a different appreciation. :tu:

ND4SPD
02-28-2004, 01:09 AM
some pics of the stangs...oh yeah, I forgot to mention, my 95 was a rare GTS with red on red interior...pic to come

ND4SPD
02-28-2004, 01:16 AM
some pics of the stangs...oh yeah, I forgot to mention, my 95 was a rare GTS with red on red interior...pic to come
pics...