PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a new 2004 L

Tiny Tim
02-29-2004, 08:05 PM
a month ago and some moron backs into it. Left a nice dent in the tailgate and scratched the crap outta the bumper. Sad thing is that I was in the truck when it happened. My friends and I were finishing up the stereo in the L and my truck was parked behind my friends garage. The guy comes out (there is a carport behind the garage) with his kid, says hello to us gets in his Durango puts it in reverse and backs up like my truck isn't even there. It wasn't one of those 'oh i must have backed up a bit to far' type deals.. he backed up full speed w/o even looking and not even paying attention to the fact that there is a brand new truck parked behind him. There was plenty of space for him to get out too. I wasn't even close to blocking him in.

Get's better cause dumbf* doesn't have insurance. He is a policy holder but is an excluded driver on his own policy. So therefore he is not insured under any vehicle on the policy. 1200 miles and the L has already been in an accident. Luckly enough he lives in the same apartment complex as me. I am not going to pay a dime and he won't stop hearing from me until all is resolved.

BossShinoda
02-29-2004, 11:13 PM
that sucks, hope it gets resolved quickly

Band
02-29-2004, 11:17 PM
I know your pain man.... Good luck with that mess....

The bright side is.... it could have been worse.

Mr.Ed
02-29-2004, 11:30 PM
I know your pain man.... Good luck with that mess....

The bright side is.... it could have been worse.

One small dent for you and a big aws$#@ for him. I feel for you but really it could have been worse. Hang in there (CHIN UP) and try to :) :) !!!

Ed

my2002lightning
02-29-2004, 11:30 PM
Some people! :hammer: :flaming:

Hope you get it resolved to your satisfaction.

Ronald

Mr.Ed
02-29-2004, 11:36 PM
a month ago and some moron backs into it. Left a nice dent in the tailgate and scratched the crap outta the bumper. Sad thing is that I was in the truck when it happened. My friends and I were finishing up the stereo in the L and my truck was parked behind my friends garage. The guy comes out (there is a carport behind the garage) with his kid, says hello to us gets in his Durango puts it in reverse and backs up like my truck isn't even there. It wasn't one of those 'oh i must have backed up a bit to far' type deals.. he backed up full speed w/o even looking and not even paying attention to the fact that there is a brand new truck parked behind him. There was plenty of space for him to get out too. I wasn't even close to blocking him in.

Get's better cause dumbf* doesn't have insurance. He is a policy holder but is an excluded driver on his own policy. So therefore he is not insured under any vehicle on the policy. 1200 miles and the L has already been in an accident. Luckly enough he lives in the same apartment complex as me. I am not going to pay a dime and he won't stop hearing from me until all is resolved.

One small dent for you and a big aw sh$$ for him. I feel for you but it really could have been worse. Try to (SMILE) and keep your chin up.

Ed :) :)

Tiny Tim
02-29-2004, 11:51 PM
One small dent for you and a big aw sh$$ for him. I feel for you but it really could have been worse. Try to (SMILE) and keep your chin up.

Ed :) :)

He didn't seem to care much when it happend. He said 'Well, ya live up there right? I don't have my insurance information w/ me right now but I can give it to ya when I get back' Basically like it was no big deal.

Aggie Mom
03-01-2004, 09:20 PM
Get's better cause dumbf* doesn't have insurance. He is a policy holder but is an excluded driver on his own policy. So therefore he is not insured under any vehicle on the policy.

I would still check with the insurance company that his vehicle is insured under. His company is still responsible. I work for an insurance company and we pay claims all the time on "excluded" drivers. Technically he is not suppose to be driving the vehicle so someone had to give him permission to use it. Most companies will pay a claim even if the person that caused the accident is excluded. Of course, our company cancels them after we pay the claim. It's worth checking into.

blueoval01
03-01-2004, 10:04 PM
............Of course, our company cancels them after we pay the claim. It's worth checking into. Yee-ouch!! :eek2:

Tiny Tim
03-01-2004, 11:57 PM
I would still check with the insurance company that his vehicle is insured under. His company is still responsible. I work for an insurance company and we pay claims all the time on "excluded" drivers. Technically he is not suppose to be driving the vehicle so someone had to give him permission to use it. Most companies will pay a claim even if the person that caused the accident is excluded. Of course, our company cancels them after we pay the claim. It's worth checking into.

Yeah, that is what I found out today from my insurance company. Oh well, the guy deserves to have his insurance cancelled. He hit my truck. I might be a little more leniant if the circumstances were different but the moron doesn't deserve a license after something like that.

mardyn
03-02-2004, 10:46 AM
Man, I'd be leaning on his insurance company...hard... with a lawyer, if necessary... they'll probably pay the claim... but the fact is this idiot backed into your new vehicle... Lightning or not... I'd be pissed.. and particularly when he acted as it was not a big deal... that would even make me madder..

Hell, I'm mad just thinking about it...

I'm glad it wasn't any worse...

mardyn

Tiny Tim
03-02-2004, 12:15 PM
I called his insurance company today and they are defiant in the fact that they are NOT liable. I am checking w/ my insurance company right now to see what they say. They said that since the driver was excluded that they have no liability in the accident and that I need to file under my own insurance company. I am NOT GOING TO PAY FOR SOMEONE ELSE'S STUPIDITY!

min150mph
03-02-2004, 12:33 PM
I called his insurance company today and they are defiant in the fact that they are NOT liable. I am checking w/ my insurance company right now to see what they say. They said that since the driver was excluded that they have no liability in the accident and that I need to file under my own insurance company. I am NOT GOING TO PAY FOR SOMEONE ELSE'S STUPIDITY!

Sound like they are just trying to get out of their responsibility by trying to tell you to file it under yours. I'm sure most of the times they get away with it. You could always contact a lawyer and I'm sure their tune will change. The vehicle is insured by them regardless of who was driving it.

REXRENEGADE
03-02-2004, 12:43 PM
Get a rope and do some hangin with it! :mad:

MadMax
03-04-2004, 01:04 AM
Get a rope and do some hangin with it! :mad:
:flaming:

I concur....

Tiny Tim
03-12-2004, 10:18 AM
Well, it all seems like it is going to work out in the end. His insurance company is going to accept liability in the accident. That is good for me because I don't have to worry about losing any money in the deal. It still pisses me off that morons like that are on the road and that it took almost two weeks to get this resolved.

Nuhklz
03-12-2004, 11:25 AM
Well, it all seems like it is going to work out in the end. His insurance company is going to accept liability in the accident. That is good for me because I don't have to worry about losing any money in the deal. It still pisses me off that morons like that are on the road and that it took almost two weeks to get this resolved.
Good news! :tu: