PDA

View Full Version : Not a happy day for the L

skalywags
03-06-2004, 02:25 AM
I was traveling down 360 at those breakneck speeds 360 is famous for (5 - 20 mph) when I notice the truck is pulling hard right. at that slow speed it wasn't quite eveident what was going on. I tought it was something with the road. Then the traffic breaks I start going then I realize what is happeing. I have a flat. First time in my life, I have actaully had a flat while driving. Not bad since I've been driving 27 years.So I pull off to the side, it's dark, and then I have to figure out how all this jack stuff works. While getting teh jack out from under the seat, I fell something wet. I start feeling around the floorboard, and find teh right side floor is pretty wet. So now I have to replace tires and figure out if I have a leak. What fun!

I must add, being in Arlington, and seeing all you guys from Arlington/GP with L's, that maybe at least one would pass by, offer moral support, laugh, anything. But not one of you came by at that time. Maybe ya'll don't travel that part. I was pulled over right before Pioneer Pkwy.

my2002lightning
03-06-2004, 02:52 AM
Tom,

Sorry to hear the bad luck with the tire.

I have a "slow" leak on the right-front tire such that it loses 3-5 psi per night! I need to get that one taken care of.

The other 3 tires are 100%. :confused:

Ronald

cpeapea
03-06-2004, 02:24 PM
well if you would have gotten stuck in irving, i would have driven by in the jeep (trucks still apart) and laughed for/at ya :tongue: jk i woulda helped

99WhiteBeast
03-06-2004, 09:43 PM
Tom,
Most of us are on the sw side of Arlington near the Mansfield/Kennedale borders.
If I would have seen a fellow L brethren on the side of the road I would have helped.

Where was the truck wet- carpet, seat?

TP Derrick D
03-06-2004, 11:11 PM
I was traveling down 360 at those breakneck speeds 360 is famous for (5 - 20 mph) when I notice the truck is pulling hard right. at that slow speed it wasn't quite eveident what was going on. I tought it was something with the road. Then the traffic breaks I start going then I realize what is happeing. I have a flat. First time in my life, I have actaully had a flat while driving. Not bad since I've been driving 27 years.So I pull off to the side, it's dark, and then I have to figure out how all this jack stuff works. While getting teh jack out from under the seat, I fell something wet. I start feeling around the floorboard, and find teh right side floor is pretty wet. So now I have to replace tires and figure out if I have a leak. What fun!

I must add, being in Arlington, and seeing all you guys from Arlington/GP with L's, that maybe at least one would pass by, offer moral support, laugh, anything. But not one of you came by at that time. Maybe ya'll don't travel that part. I was pulled over right before Pioneer Pkwy.
I do travel 360 everyday on my way to work between 2:30 and 3:00 pm from I-20 all the way til' it runs out in Grapevine. Don't know what time it was but I didn't see you. Yeah between I-20 and I-30 is crowded and "slower" during daytime hours. It just varies. Don't let something happen( someone w/flat, getting a ticket....)its just creep,creep,stop :mad:

skalywags
03-07-2004, 12:45 AM
I think the leak has me worried more than the tire. The carpet is wet. Wet enough that the floor mat was actually dripping a little bit when I held it up.
One thing good to come out of this, is I've been pretty busy, and not paying attention to the front tires like I usually would. they look on the out side and middle. the inside tred, looks like crap. On bothe sides. It is worn preety good. I wasn't good about rotating the tires, either. Lesson learned here. The tire that went down has a big cut on the inside side wall.

Trai, looks like I'll be paying you a visit for an alignment.

Oh yeah, that spare sure looks like crap, too. I waxed the truck just to offset the bad spare look until I can get it fixed Monday.

dboat
03-07-2004, 09:26 AM
sounds like a heater hose broke or something like that.. does it smell like radiator fluid?

Silver_2000
03-07-2004, 09:52 AM
There is an A/C drain hose under the glove compartment that can get clogged / pinched and leak ..... If it smells like coolant it could be a heater hose...

skalywags
03-07-2004, 10:12 AM
I haven't smelled anything. I was looking around. I didn't see anything.
Thanks for the suggestions. I was only thinking it came from that huge rain storm Thurasday, because it was outside then. I'm going to change me line of thought to make sure I'm not overlooking anything.

dboat
03-07-2004, 02:34 PM
no smell? then that will leave out the heater core too... have Terry check it out...
Dana

skalywags
03-07-2004, 10:56 PM
no smell? then that will leave out the heater core too... have Terry check it out...
Danalooks and feels like water. I used a vaccum on it for a while to try to dry it, to see if it gets wet again. Tomorrow my spare time will be spent getting the tire fixed, and front end ligned, then i will tackle the wetness. It does seem to be be concentrated more towards the tranny hump.