PDA

View Full Version : Sound Proofing

Mark #2
03-10-2004, 11:48 AM
Terry,
Now that I have the long tubes, I need some sound proofing. I remember you doing your truck. What would you recommend?
Mark

L8 APEX
03-10-2004, 09:13 PM
Cascade Vblock or the top Dynomat not roofing tar based if there is such.

Mark #2
03-10-2004, 11:06 PM
Cascade Vblock or the top Dynomat not roofing tar based if there is such.Thanks,
Mark

L8 APEX
03-10-2004, 11:10 PM
I bought a 39sqft pak and it took a little extra. If i did it again I would do the roof also. I bought an interior fastener pack from Ford to replace ones that were damaged.

02BOLT
03-10-2004, 11:40 PM
Terry,
Now that I have the long tubes, I need some sound proofing. I remember you doing your truck. What would you recommend?
Mark
If it's too loud, then you're too OLD!:d Awww, c'mon Mark, it's not THAT bad.:evil

BTW, how's she runnin'? You should have noticed a pretty good decent gain. I picked up around 15hp and 20tq across the ENTIRE power band. Gotta love those bridges!(going under them.) That sound is just fricking WICKED! Take it easy.

Later,
Rob:burnout:

Mark #2
03-11-2004, 10:53 AM
If it's too loud, then you're too OLD!:d Awww, c'mon Mark, it's not THAT bad.:evil

BTW, how's she runnin'? You should have noticed a pretty good decent gain. I picked up around 15hp and 20tq across the ENTIRE power band. Gotta love those bridges!(going under them.) That sound is just fricking WICKED! Take it easy.

Later,
Rob,
I figured that I should have PMed this issue. I must be too old, IT'S LOUD, and that's from an old guy with bad hearing(according to the SO).

Do you have the Magnflow high flow cats and two small round Magnaflow mufflers? Maybe it's the big tips.

Mark

Silver_2000
03-11-2004, 11:03 AM
Rob,
I figured that I should have PMed this issue. I must be too old, IT'S LOUD, and that's from an old guy with bad hearing(according to the SO).

Do you have the Magnflow high flow cats and two small round Magnaflow mufflers? Maybe it's the big tips.

Mark
try the single magnaflow - its milder...

Mark #2
03-11-2004, 11:15 AM
try the single magnaflow - its milder...I like it loud on the outside.:)

I have about 24 hours of long distance driving that I am going to do in the next month or so. It is just a bit much, I want to take the edge off a little for the SO in the cab, it's pretty loud on her side.

Mark

Crawford
03-11-2004, 03:50 PM
http://store6.yimg.com/I/abcsafetyglasses_1781_9084976
Here ya go Mark. I am sure Trina will love these!!!

To further reduce in cab noise try one of these.

http://216.127.90.178/bond17.jpg

;) ;) ;)

Mark #2
03-11-2004, 04:06 PM
http://store6.yimg.com/I/abcsafetyglasses_1781_9084976
Here ya go Mark. I am sure Trina will love these!!!

To further reduce in cab noise try one of these.

http://216.127.90.178/bond17.jpg

;) ;) ;)
I can't see the second picture

my2002lightning
03-11-2004, 04:25 PM
I can't see the second picture
Mark,

You may not want to.:D

Ronald

L8 APEX
03-11-2004, 09:22 PM
I have not found a customer brave/dumb enough to run a wild system on headers. I always install a mild muffler, Doug has the super mild muffler.

StormShadow
03-11-2004, 09:58 PM
I have not found a customer brave/dumb enough to run a wild system on headers. I always install a mild muffler, Doug has the super mild muffler.

Thats what I plan on running.

02BOLT
03-11-2004, 11:26 PM
Rob,

Mark
Mark,
I have the Bassani Cat-back. It's not too bad, or maybe I'm just getting hard of hearing in my old age.:D Seriously, I was really surprised that it wasn't any louder inside the cab than it turned out to be. I LOVE the tone of the Bassani. In the end, I think it just comes down to personal preference.:tu:

Later,

Silver_2000
03-12-2004, 09:06 AM
Even with the super mild muffler I plan on trying to work a deal on some sound proofing so that I can use my Cell Phone Car kit better... If Im on the phone using the car kit I basically have to coast or they cant hear me... The upside is that when I join a conference call I dont have to announce myself.. I just unmute the phone for a second and blip the throttle and averyone says "Good Morning Doug":evil :nana2

So if anyone has the hook up on either getting the sound deadner products cheap or doing the installs let me know....

SpeedNSound
03-12-2004, 12:18 PM
Even with the super mild muffler I plan on trying to work a deal on some sound proofing so that I can use my Cell Phone Car kit better... If Im on the phone using the car kit I basically have to coast or they cant hear me... The upside is that when I join a conference call I dont have to announce myself.. I just unmute the phone for a second and blip the throttle and averyone says "Good Morning Doug":evil :nana2

So if anyone has the hook up on either getting the sound deadner products cheap or doing the installs let me know....

I can get Dynamat cheap and/or help install it.

Mark #2
03-12-2004, 01:01 PM
I have not found a customer brave/dumb enough to run a wild system on headers. I always install a mild muffler, Doug has the super mild muffler.I don't think bravery had anything to do with it, but I'll take the compliment.

It was just evolution, started with Cat-back, and added the long tubes and Cats. If any of you are thinking of doing this I think that you would be stupid too.:)

Hey Scott,
Please PM or post price and availability of the sound proofing materials.
Mark