PDA

View Full Version : Latest Bankston experience !!!

my2002lightning
03-11-2004, 03:20 PM
Well, as I'm trying to keep all my scheduled maintenance documented and stay somewhat stock, I take my L over to Bankston/Frisco this morning.

As usual, I'm standing up there with coffee and watching/waiting this morning for the L to be pulled in the bay doors below and put on the rack. 10-15 minutes goes by and I don't see it! :confused:

Hmm. I give them the benefit of the doubt (as I've impressed upon the Asst. Mgr. plenty of times that I'm very particular about my L).

Another 5 min. goes by and I walk around back of the Svc. Dept.:confused:

I see my L out there off to the side, hazards on with the doors unlocked and the KEYS IN THE DOOR for almost 20 minutes! :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: Anyone off the street could've driven past and taken off with my L!

I grab the keys, make sure all is good, lock it and go directly up to the Asst. Mgr. and tell him I don't APPRECIATE him leaving my L unlocked and keys left in the door! :hammer:

He said it's just "standard procedure" and he'd take care of it. I walk out back again 10 min. later and it's still locked and no keys in the door.

Anyway, FYI.:mad:

Ronald

BTW, if anyone's interested, they have plenty of white/red/black '04 Ls and a ton of coupe/vert' Cobra's in stock with a Mysti-Chrome convertible on the showroom floor. There's even a SD Harley "Pumpkin-Truck" there, too.

That Mysti-Chrome Cobra is beautiful in person! :bows They're letting the '03 Cobra's go at low ~0% financing, but not budging on the '04 Cobra/L rates.

Sandman
03-11-2004, 03:36 PM
They're real good about putting dealer add-ons onto the vehicles too, with a more than outragous price!:rolleyes:

Crawford
03-11-2004, 03:42 PM
I dont care if they have 100 Lightnings on the lot you will find a better deal somewhere else. I have always been a fan of their service department even though they have screwed some over and completely f*cked over a few others. I would never buy a vehicle there again. No more sticker price for ME!

98Cobra
03-11-2004, 04:12 PM
I see my L out there off to the side, hazards on with the doors unlocked and the KEYS IN THE DOOR for almost 20 minutes! :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: Anyone off the street could've driven past and taken off with my L!
Ronald

Dude, you need to chill out. The odds of someone taking off with your L are slim to none in that situation. How far could they get in morning traffic anyway? Plus, if it was stolen, you would get a BRAND NEW ONE, because proving negligence would be easy, so I'm sure they would settle. And wouldn't you like a brand new '04 with 0 miles? I sure would.

I guess what I am saying, is that they do a LOT of stuff that deserves an a$$-ripping, this is a small thing by comparison.

Silver_2000
03-11-2004, 04:13 PM
It is pretty common for a dealer to leave the keys in the car.

They will tell you that its YOUR insurance that covers it - However when you prove that the keys were left in the vehicle they have just taken responsibility for the loss...

MadNess
03-11-2004, 05:53 PM
speaking from Justins fiasco with my truck, stay FAR away from Bankston, they have NO CLUE how to work on one of these things...

my2002lightning
03-11-2004, 06:22 PM
I've dealt with State Farm in a previous stolen vehicle situation and I don't want to go through that again. They treated me as if I were the thief! :hammer:

They said statistically, people hire thieves to steal their vehicles to collect and our "investigation" is "standard procedure". :mad: :hammer:

The parent's and I have been with SF for years before they pulled this stunt. I've since moved to All-State. So far...so good. We'll see.

The further I stay away from lawyers/insurance people the better!

I just wanted a simple oil change and tire-rotation.

How hard is that ? :confused:

Ronald

BTW, chilling out, now. :)

98Cobra
03-11-2004, 07:54 PM
I've dealt with State Farm in a previous stolen vehicle situation and I don't want to go through that again. They treated me as if I were the thief! :hammer:

They said statistically, people hire thieves to steal their vehicles to collect and our "investigation" is "standard procedure". :mad: :hammer:

They only do that to keep your rates down. A Lightning costs a good deal of money.

Case in point: A guy that used to live at my complex(before he was evicted) was investigated for insurance fraud following the theft of his Vette. This guy was an idiot:

Car was garaged and used as a parts shelf for 6 months before the theft, never leaving the garage.
Gets stolen the ONE day he pulls it out of the garage because he is "cleaning".
He is caught on tape breaking the video camera that watches the exit gate the day of the theft. :rll:
It's kinda like how they search your bag when you leave Fry's, even though you JUST left the register. Its accusatory, but you put up with it because of the prices. :D

my2002lightning
03-11-2004, 09:57 PM
They only do that to keep your rates down. A Lightning costs a good deal of money.

Case in point: A guy that used to live at my complex(before he was evicted) was investigated for insurance fraud following the theft of his Vette. This guy was an idiot:

Car was garaged and used as a parts shelf for 6 months before the theft, never leaving the garage.
Gets stolen the ONE day he pulls it out of the garage because he is "cleaning".
He is caught on tape breaking the video camera that watches the exit gate the day of the theft. :rll:
It's kinda like how they search your bag when you leave Fry's, even though you JUST left the register. Its accusatory, but you put up with it because of the prices. :D
Theives/Insurance frauds, I agree Garett ! :hammer: :flaming:

Seriously, though... would that NOT burn your #SS that you saw your L sitting there unlocked with the keys in the door for 20 min. plus ?!?

It's the whole irresponsibility thing that seems to get me whether or not I ended up with a new '04 L out of the head-ache or not.

That's just me, I guess....

Ronald

Logan
03-11-2004, 10:05 PM
Bankston sucks. Always have, always will. One day people will listen.

They're all bastards at that cracka joint.

Silver_2000
03-12-2004, 09:14 AM
Bankston sucks. Always have, always will. One day people will listen.

They're all bastards at that cracka joint.
Logan

We all dont have the owners of Lincoln dealers polishing our Cars on the weekends..... That is all he polishes is your car right... :evil :evil

Doug

Logan
03-12-2004, 07:20 PM
Logan

We all dont have the owners of Lincoln dealers polishing our Cars on the weekends..... That is all he polishes is your car right... :evil :evil

Doug
Eh Cracka Smoka? I polish my own car...

I can get employee service rates and parts at cost +10 extended to anyone who needs it. It ain't no exclusive deal. The difference is in the service. They don't jack you around at JE and give you free rentals for service, regardless of whether it's an svt or not. That would be why the SVT club hangs there.

MrsMy2002Lightning
03-14-2004, 12:44 AM
It's kinda like how they search your bag when you leave Fry's, even though you JUST left the register. Its accusatory, but you put up with it because of the prices. :D[/QUOTE]
Actually Garett that's very illegal. They can be sued big time for that and anyone that sued would win. It absolutely has to be a Management level employee that sees you place something in your bag, plus the Manager is the only one that can stop you to ask you to go through your bags. If you have not been spotted by Management and were asked to check your bags they have an instant law suit and will lose to you in court. So if they stop you press charges. lol

My Father is a District Loss Prevention Manager for Wal-Mart and boy if people he works for stop someone to go through their bags without having a Manager see them do it and the Manager stopping them, that employee is called into his office, he leaves home and goes straight to work to fire them.

98Cobra
03-14-2004, 11:39 AM
Actually Garett that's very illegal. They can be sued big time for that and anyone that sued would win. It absolutely has to be a Management level employee that sees you place something in your bag, plus the Manager is the only one that can stop you to ask you to go through your bags. If you have not been spotted by Management and were asked to check your bags they have an instant law suit and will lose to you in court. So if they stop you press charges. lol

My Father is a District Loss Prevention Manager for Wal-Mart and boy if people he works for stop someone to go through their bags without having a Manager see them do it and the Manager stopping them, that employee is called into his office, he leaves home and goes straight to work to fire them.
I have heard that before, and even refused the "Final Indignity" once or twice, but its such a hassle sometimes that you just put up with it. Plus, I'm not a lawyer, but I think if you walk into the store and see the store policy up front, continuing to shop there is a acceptance of those terms. Who knows. :)

MrsMy2002Lightning
03-14-2004, 11:48 AM
I have heard that before, and even refused the "Final Indignity" once or twice, but its such a hassle sometimes that you just put up with it. Plus, I'm not a lawyer, but I think if you walk into the store and see the store policy up front, continuing to shop there is a acceptance of those terms. Who knows. :)
Donno ... I remember reading something on the front of their store but it's been a while since I've been there. AWESOME store though. :) It was like going into a candy store. hehe :)

skalywags
03-14-2004, 11:27 PM
Eh Cracka Smoka? I polish my own car...

I can get employee service rates and parts at cost +10 extended to anyone who needs it. It ain't no exclusive deal. The difference is in the service. They don't jack you around at JE and give you free rentals for service, regardless of whether it's an svt or not. That would be why the SVT club hangs there.What's JE? John Eagle Lincoln/Mercury? or did I make this up? I think I found out why my carpet is getting wet. No heater (no coolant smell), and no A/C, haven't been using it or the defroser. The recent rains confirmed - My carpet is wet again. i want to get it looked at. can I take it to them since it is under warranty.

Logan
03-15-2004, 08:25 PM
What's JE? John Eagle Lincoln/Mercury? or did I make this up? I think I found out why my carpet is getting wet. No heater (no coolant smell), and no A/C, haven't been using it or the defroser. The recent rains confirmed - My carpet is wet again. i want to get it looked at. can I take it to them since it is under warranty.
Yeah, John Eagle Lincoln Mercury. I'll pm you the magic words.