PDA

View Full Version : A blast@Kennedale Tonite

03'svtlight
03-14-2004, 10:51 PM
I have to admit, tonite was the MOST fun I've had since I bought my truck over a year ago. I entered the QUICK 8 STREET class and made it all the way to the final round :nana2 . I dialed an 8.40. In the finals, I raced a bad arse Red 66' big blk chevy. His dial was a 6.60 :eek2: Now imagine this, taking off a full 2 seconds ahead and hearing this beast (uncapped I might ad) on his way to bust your arse. AND HE DID. :bs My fault though, I only ran an 8.65 spinning like a mofo. I missed out on a trophy and my name in the paper. :mad: I had a ball nonetheless! Quickest was an 8.33 with marginal traction. After that the track left the building. :throw: It was a pleasure meeting Steve and Michael. :tu: Had fun with Sayle also. A quick side note I would like to ad. If anyone ever considered trying those new autolite AR93's instead of TR6's, well I'm your test dummy, and I must admit they performed flawlessly. I must have ran 10 times without a single hick'up. Me like's um! The idle is also smoother. :tu:

02BOLT
03-14-2004, 10:58 PM
Congratulations Trai !!!:nana2 That is SAWEEEET!:beer:

Later,
Rob:burnout:

Band
03-14-2004, 11:28 PM
We were rootin for ya Trai! Still did awesome..

back to my research on slicks haha

True Blue Aggie
03-14-2004, 11:37 PM
The drive back to Richardson is a big whippin! For the first time out in the L, I ended up with the following:
2.145 60ft, 9.01 1/8th, 79.26 mph for the best run. All that with large amounts of tire spin....
I cannot wait for next Sunday though....:d :d Good meeting everyone!

Michael!

99WhiteBeast
03-15-2004, 12:05 AM
Nice evening out at the track. I ran the G1 a few passes since its inaugural run to a new PB- 3 runs in the 9.7's

Must have been the PR underdrives:twitch:

L8 APEX
03-15-2004, 12:11 AM
I worked on David's HD most of the day plugs, Efan pump and other misc. Then I went to Jimmys house to burn a fallen tree and cook some steaks. It was a good day at least the end if it. Now I have to wash David's truck AGAIN. After the rain it is dirty and huge to wash!! Oh well she is much pimp when clean. This HD feels a bit stronger than the last:evil . Gas milage is decent better than my L. But I have still put 80 or so bucks in it the past two weeks:D .

03LightningRocks
03-15-2004, 09:59 AM
Terry.................:0fftopic .

As for the rest of you....Congratulations Trai!!!!

Congrats to the new personal bests. It sounds like y'all had a good time. See everyone next Sunday.

Rocksknana

03'svtlight
03-15-2004, 10:22 AM
Thanks Rocks and 02BOLT. I had fun. Bracket racing ain't that bad afterall. :D I did get a chance to run a ZO6 headup BTW. I busted his arse out of the hole (I'm getting pretty damn good at this tree thing). I had about a car on him until my intake elbow boot decided to pop off right when I went to second gear :hammer: . The result was an 8.93 to his 8.36 :( . After I found a flat head screwdriver to tighten the junk back up I was able to run an 8.33. It picked a fine time to pop off :hammer: .