PDA

View Full Version : New Taillights

jcblack
03-17-2004, 09:47 PM
Here is a couple of pictures of the latest creation by me. They are the stock taillights, slightly modified with clear L.E.D. red lights. Which means they are clear, but light up red. I dont think that they look to shabby myself, but the sealing of them is giving me some problems. The problem will be solved shortly. Let me know what you guys think.

PoorSvtman
03-17-2004, 09:59 PM
They look good. I want some, you want to make me a set

But on a legal note, they wont pass inspectiong because theres no red reflector, and you might get harrased my the police.

jcblack
03-17-2004, 10:18 PM
They look good. I want some, you want to make me a set

But on a legal note, they wont pass inspectiong because theres no red reflector, and you might get harrased my the police.Mike, you know me, Ive been rollin with black turn signals and 3% tint forever. "...........And ren said it with authority."

L8 APEX
03-17-2004, 10:22 PM
Being clear when off will get some negative attention. Anyway, do they blink fast or slow? I put some LED bulbs in once and the blinker cycled very fast.

PoorSvtman
03-17-2004, 10:28 PM
Mike, you know me, Ive been rollin with black turn signals and 3% tint forever. "...........And ren said it with authority."

I know, I was gonna go all black till i saw your L. All the damn black civics i had were all black. YOu saw the pics.

But as far as inspections, i got you covered unless i get this job with txdot :tu:

jcblack
03-17-2004, 10:56 PM
Being clear when off will get some negative attention. Anyway, do they blink fast or slow? I put some LED bulbs in once and the blinker cycled very fast.
They blink fast. Not really sure how to cure that problem, guess the bulbs need to complete a circut or something like that. Electric stuff sucks.

jcblack
03-17-2004, 10:57 PM
I know, I was gonna go all black till i saw your L. All the damn black civics i had were all black. YOu saw the pics.

But as far as inspections, i got you covered unless i get this job with txdot :tu:
You know that I will take you up on that, right?

PoorSvtman
03-17-2004, 11:01 PM
They blink fast. Not really sure how to cure that problem, guess the bulbs need to complete a circut or something like that. Electric stuff sucks.

Get a different flasher. I remeber back in they day i had led bulbs, and found a post on the honda boards and just got a different flasher.

Ill ask my buddy that is always playing with leds, and doing hid retro fits on all kinds of cars.

For the inspection, Bring It.

my2002lightning
03-17-2004, 11:54 PM
Jacob,

Your one-off corners look sharp!

Seeing your L in person a couple of times has sorta' given me the bug for powder-coating my rims.

Chrome '02 rims has been DONE before. It still looks good though.

I've considered a "flat gun-metal grey" or DSG for my rims. I'll have to play around in PhotoShop to see how it looks.

Ronald

jcblack
03-18-2004, 07:01 AM
Jacob,

Your one-off corners look sharp!

Seeing your L in person a couple of times has sorta' given me the bug for powder-coating my rims.

Chrome '02 rims has been DONE before. It still looks good though.

I've considered a "flat gun-metal grey" or DSG for my rims. I'll have to play around in PhotoShop to see how it looks.

Ronald
Go for it Bro. Get the lip polished though. Without the lip, it just looks funny.

scott015
03-18-2004, 08:09 AM
Jacob

those are bad ass, i actually almost ordered the same LED bulbs the other day, but held off cuz I wanted to see it done first... thats funny... not sure if Ill do it cuz I dont wanna copy... but I give it a thumbs UP

btw, as for the flasher problem, its REAL EASY... i had the same problem with my gixxer.... i put LED bulbs in it and the blinked too fast to see... go to Autozone, buy a new flasher (cost like $6) wire it in and your done!! that simple

once you get the seal done, i need to holla at you, i would like to paint my tailights black instead of this carbon fiber color....

Nuhklz
03-18-2004, 08:31 AM
Here is a couple of pictures of the latest creation by me. They are the stock taillights, slightly modified with clear L.E.D. red lights. Which means they are clear, but light up red. I dont think that they look to shabby myself, but the sealing of them is giving me some problems. The problem will be solved shortly. Let me know what you guys think.

Looks good!!:tu:

jcblack
03-18-2004, 07:47 PM
Jacob

those are bad ass, i actually almost ordered the same LED bulbs the other day, but held off cuz I wanted to see it done first... thats funny... not sure if Ill do it cuz I dont wanna copy... but I give it a thumbs UP

btw, as for the flasher problem, its REAL EASY... i had the same problem with my gixxer.... i put LED bulbs in it and the blinked too fast to see... go to Autozone, buy a new flasher (cost like $6) wire it in and your done!! that simple

once you get the seal done, i need to holla at you, i would like to paint my tailights black instead of this carbon fiber color....
I dont quite think that you can copy these. Unless you know someone that is going to cut into some stock ones.

bobbywade69
03-18-2004, 09:09 PM
They blink fast. Not really sure how to cure that problem, guess the bulbs need to complete a circut or something like that. Electric stuff sucks.Its the blinker relay that is causing it to blink too faster because it relays on amp load and the LED don't have much load, u can change the relay to fix it!:tu:

Those are Pimp lovem!:bows

jcblack
03-18-2004, 09:19 PM
Its the blinker relay that is causing it to blink too faster because it relays on amp load and the LED don't have much load, u can change the relay to fix it!:tu:

Those are Pimp lovem!:bows
Thanks Bro. I will have your hooters picture up soon.

bobbywade69
03-18-2004, 09:20 PM
Thanks Bro. I will have your hooters picture up soon.
Hell yea I've been waitin on them!

Ken
03-19-2004, 10:15 AM
Its the blinker relay that is causing it to blink too faster because it relays on amp load and the LED don't have much load, u can change the relay to fix it!
Or wire your original bulb back in line behind the tailight somewhere. That will restore the resistance so that the flasher doesn't think your bulb burned out (like it was designed).

Tony2000
03-19-2004, 02:02 PM
Or wire your original bulb back in line behind the tailight somewhere. That will restore the resistance so that the flasher doesn't think your bulb burned out (like it was designed).
Or find out the Oms resistance of the original bulb and buy a resistor at Radio shack and wire it in series to the circuit.
Tony2000

SILVER2000SVT
03-19-2004, 02:07 PM
You can buy electronic flashers that don't rely on the resistance of the bulb, they have seperate timer circuits in them. I've seen them used when trailer lighting messes up the flashing because of added load.

jcblack
03-22-2004, 12:02 AM
Thanks for the help guys.:tu: