PDA

View Full Version : Line Mod Valve and trans pan install....

True Blue Aggie
04-16-2004, 11:23 AM
I just got in my new parts and was going to install them this afternoon....Obviously I have read all kinds of post from NLOC and F150online, but does anyone here have any advice on the install.....I want to save the original pan, so I expect it to be a little messy for the change.

Oh, where can I get teh Mercon fluid? I would hate to go to the dealer for that.

Band
04-16-2004, 11:46 AM
I just got in my new parts and was going to install them this afternoon....Obviously I have read all kinds of post from NLOC and F150online, but does anyone here have any advice on the install.....I want to save the original pan, so I expect it to be a little messy for the change.

Oh, where can I get teh Mercon fluid? I would hate to go to the dealer for that.

I found mobile1 mercon III at pepboys and autozone.

A little messy is an extreme understatement, we drained the fluid before we pulled the pan and we still had maybe a quart of fluid on the floor afterward. Just be sure to have a sealed floor and lots of paper towels and maybe a mop in your case hehe..

I haven't seen a line mod valve installed before. So i can't help ya there, we just changed the valve body out.

One piece of great advice I can give you is.. Be sure to pull your tranny dip stick out before working on anything.

Silver_2000
04-16-2004, 11:57 AM
Punch the pan -- Why are you saving it ... Punching it in lower corner will save some mess

You need inch pound torque wrench

Make sure the orange filter seal comes out with the filter

Doug

Band
04-16-2004, 12:01 PM
Punch the pan -- Why are you saving it ... Punching it in lower corner will save some mess

You need inch pound torque wrench

Make sure the orange filter seal comes out with the filter

Doug

Yeah, we drilled mine, worked like a pro....

True Blue Aggie
04-16-2004, 01:02 PM
And the final torque specs for the bolts are.........?

Silver_2000
04-16-2004, 01:37 PM
http://www.f150online.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=130564&highlight=inch+pounds

True Blue Aggie
04-16-2004, 02:05 PM
Thanks Doug! :tu:

PoorSvtman
04-16-2004, 09:14 PM
Its not messy when you have a huge drain pan like i have. I have done many, bobby has borrowed it a few times and there hardly any mess to clean up.

Hardest part is dumping it. Have to wrap it with a trash bag and haul it to orielys.

P.S. Bobby and I are probly band from an orielys and autozone out here in arlington :evil

bobbywade69
04-16-2004, 09:16 PM
Its not messy when you have a huge drain pan like i have. I have done many, bobby has borrowed it a few times and there hardly any mess to clean up.

Hardest part is dumping it. Have to wrap it with a trash bag and haul it to orielys.

P.S. Bobby and I are probly band from an orielys and autozone out here in arlington :evil
True That True That, what I usuall do is take the old oil bottles and pour the old stuff in them and them the pan is empty no mess, just nice clean bottles!:tu:

PoorSvtman
04-16-2004, 09:18 PM
True That True That, what I usuall do is take the old oil bottles and pour the old stuff in them and them the pan is empty no mess, just nice clean bottles!:tu:

But then you dont get to see the orielys guy spill it all over himself and then ask if we want the pan back. :evil

Or hide spilt fluid in a pile of trash.

bobbywade69
04-16-2004, 09:20 PM
But then you dont get to see the orielys guy spill it all over himself and then ask if we want the pan back. :evil

Or hide spilt fluid in a pile of trash.
Those are the days!!!:banana: :evil

PoorSvtman
04-17-2004, 11:28 AM
Those are the days!!!:banana: :evil

:beer: knana :evil