PDA

View Full Version : 03 Ported blower FS

L8 APEX
04-29-2004, 11:17 PM
I finally got a unit in stock. This one is a 2003 Eaton so it is new and fresh as they come. It is CNC ported from LFP much like the Aptens. $600 installed:tu: Come get it:cool:

grim reaper
05-10-2004, 03:48 PM
How much would you sell the blower outright for? :banana:

L8 APEX
05-10-2004, 11:10 PM
I would like to sell it locally thanks.

L8 APEX
05-12-2004, 09:35 AM
Somebody come get this thing. There sure were a lot of folks asking for one here it is on the shelf:tu:

sonicbluetommy
05-17-2004, 10:17 PM
What kind of hp/tq gains are we talking on a stock motor with plans to add several mods later?

Trying to justify the cost/hp gains over other mods.

thanks tommy

L8 APEX
05-17-2004, 10:22 PM
Most guys see 20-30 hp with a ported blower. It is one of the biggest HP per dollar mods you can buy.

03LightningRocks
05-17-2004, 11:47 PM
What kind of hp/tq gains are we talking on a stock motor with plans to add several mods later?

Trying to justify the cost/hp gains over other mods.

thanks tommy
I gained about 30-40 H.P. and 15 ftlbs torque. It knocked 3/10's off my E.T.'s and gave me an extra 2-3 lbs of boost. It allowed me to make more boost and spin the blower less which results in less heat...which helps reduce chances of detonation.

I paid 650 bucks for mine and that did not include installation. Stormshadow has it on his Lightning now and will be putting down mid to high elevens as soon as we start hitting the track this fall for some personel best chases.

Rocks

03LightningRocks
05-17-2004, 11:53 PM
Here are my before and after dynoes using the sae exact pullies and tune....Your results may vary....but even if it gains you 30 H.P. and reduces heat from the blower...it is worth the money.

BEFORE

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/226226Pull_2_85_degrees_race_octane_booster_20_tim ing-med.jpg

AFTER

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/226Apten_6L2U18TotalRaceTune-med.JPG

sonicbluetommy
05-18-2004, 09:47 PM
If I am reading that right it looks like you lost a little low end hp, but definitely gained in tq. Did you notice that by the seat of your pants feel?

These runs are on two different dynos too. Would be interesting to see the diff on the same dyno.

thanks for the info.

STOP IT. :hammer:
You guys are a bad influence. :evil
My mod list was long enough (read $$$$$$$$) before. :eek: Now I have to add a few more $$$$$ to the mod account. :eek2:

03LightningRocks
05-25-2004, 09:25 PM
If I am reading that right it looks like you lost a little low end hp, but definitely gained in tq. Did you notice that by the seat of your pants feel?

These runs are on two different dynos too. Would be interesting to see the diff on the same dyno.

thanks for the info.

STOP IT. :hammer:
You guys are a bad influence. :evil
My mod list was long enough (read $$$$$$$$) before. :eek: Now I have to add a few more $$$$$ to the mod account. :eek2:

I just saw your post. I have been out of town for awhile....

As to your concern on low end H.P. loss, you may be looking at the dyno sheets wrong. Look at the bottom of each graph for the RPM and then look at the H.P. at that RPM level. If you just try to look at the graphs as a "lay over" you can get fooled by the the ranges each graph is set up in.

Here is a graph with the Apten at the same dyno with less pulley. This one is with a 4lb lower stock upper. Remember, the one from Kwick car above is with a 6 lower and 2 upper and is making less H.P.http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/226dyno001-med.JPG

Rocks

L8 APEX
06-03-2004, 12:02 AM
Still fo Sale!

L8 APEX
06-23-2004, 10:46 PM
Still fo Sale!Sitting on the shelf for over two months I am about to put it on ebay. Nobody local wants ported blowers?

r1eater
07-11-2004, 06:07 PM
Sitting on the shelf for over two months I am about to put it on ebay. Nobody local wants ported blowers?

Terry,

Is this something you would recommend I have done to my truck (Waynes old black '99) Would it require a new tune? Also I'm told you're the man to see about getting some slicks. How much and how soon could you get some 26x11.5x16 slicks.

L8 APEX
07-12-2004, 08:25 AM
New slicks and wheels are 650 a set, slicks only are about 170 each. Hoosier price fixes so they don't get real cheap. I am not sure what you would do with Waynes truck besides run more juice hrough it. I wouldn't spray much on top of a ported blower.

r1eater
07-12-2004, 06:01 PM
New slicks and wheels are 650 a set, slicks only are about 170 each. Hoosier price fixes so they don't get real cheap. I am not sure what you would do with Waynes truck besides run more juice hrough it. I wouldn't spray much on top of a ported blower.

I'll get with you when I get back in town about the slicks. How long does it take to get them. I just need the slicks not the wheels. Seems you know Waynes truck pretty well, what else can I add to this thing without going the built motor route (which aint far off ;) )

andy_cain
07-12-2004, 06:54 PM
It has a 75 shot on it now, unless you changed it.
I did run it a hand full of times at 100 shot with no problems for what that's worth.:d
I was thinking of a stall and 3:73 gears before I decided to go the "other car" route... would love to see that list; PLUS the Apten:bows
One thing that might be worth considering is the Denso IT 24 plugs...might want to run a hotter plug and gap. Ron has played with "Gaps" quite a bit :dand can chime in here and give ya a good idea...just think the 24's may have been a tad on the cold side.

03LightningRocks
07-12-2004, 09:09 PM
Although I am quite complimented by Waynes faith in me.....:o ...thanks Wayne, my knoweledge of plug gaps and heat ranges doesn't include NOS. 24's are considered a cold plug.

I will pass on a personal experience I recently had with Densos....the insulator on one of my plugs came up cracked. Fortunately for me I check my plugs after every track visit, or this could have screwed me. I had heard of this happening before....now it happened to me. So a one time Denso fanatic is now using the NGK's. Be sure and watch your plugs....especially with the NOS.
Back on topic....You could do the ported blower...and then have power for street use when not hitting the bottle. You could reduce your lower pulley size....thus reducing rotating mass on the crank....meanwhile producing the same or more boost. I consider the ported blower and NOS very complimentary to each other. It increases your options for producing H.P.

Rocks:tu:

r1eater
07-12-2004, 09:34 PM
So far next on the list is slicks, line lock, and then ported blower.

Wayne, I might try that 100 shot once it gets colder. I've only run the bottle once but I need to figure out this launching thing. Even Adam couldnt launch on those used ET's I got. Unlike me he seems to know what he is doing :D

StormShadow
07-12-2004, 10:15 PM
So far next on the list is slicks, line lock, and then ported blower.

Wayne, I might try that 100 shot once it gets colder. I've only run the bottle once but I need to figure out this launching thing. Even Adam couldnt launch on those used ET's I got. Unlike me he seems to know what he is doing :D
I don't know much except for heat the tires and floor it when the light comes on. I do know that you for sure need slicks and the line lick .