PDA

View Full Version : New to the Forum

saywhen
07-17-2002, 08:43 AM
Hey guys,
I'm new to the site and the forum here. I've been reading all the threads and y'all seem like a pretty good bunch of guys. I'm up in Wichita Falls, I've seen three other L's up here, but have only met one owner. If any of you are on this forum, post a reply, I'd like to meet you. For everyone else, I'm looking forward to getting to know you and being a part of TALON. If any of you ever cruise through the Falls, let me know.

Dan

Moonshine
07-17-2002, 10:14 AM
Welcome aboard. We're not really "a good bunch of guys" but we can fake it when we're in public. ;)

blueoval01
07-17-2002, 11:38 AM
Welcome ..... :banana:

L8 APEX
07-17-2002, 01:34 PM
Hey and welcome there! You was the Cowboys moved out?:bs

TXBLU
07-17-2002, 04:50 PM
Howdy, Welcome to the world of whacked-out Texas Lightning owners! Not really. Everyone on this board (except me) seems to really have thier stuff together. If you have a problem or a question, someone (except me) on the board will have an answer/solution for you, or at least know where to send you. Keep the faith, and spread the gospel according to SVT!!!!:burnout:

MadMax
07-17-2002, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by L8 APEX

Terry, What in the Sam Hill are you drinking? Will you please 'splain.

"You was the Cowboys moved out?" :confused:

"did i miss something?" :D

j/k

saywhen
07-17-2002, 08:54 PM
I think he's talking about the training camp for the Cowboys moving from Wichita Falls.
Thanks for all the replies and if I need any help I'll surely ask. Same for yous guys... If you need anything

Dan

Badcarma
07-17-2002, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by L8 APEX

You gett'n heat stroked boy???...Drink more water..and less of that other clear stuff...your getting to encrypted for us Da..Da..Da.!%*&#$@)?:p

L8 APEX
07-17-2002, 11:23 PM
Damn if anybody could understand that John should, LOL:D I mean to say do you miss the Cowboys being there.. I think..

saywhen
07-18-2002, 01:52 PM
Not really. I hope this doesn't cause me to be exorcised so soon in my TALONship, but I'm not a big Cowboys fan. I met Emmitt at a bar one night and he is the biggest jerk I've ever met. His "entourage" pretty much segregated him from everyone and if someone did get a chance to talk to him, he treated them like they were trash. Plus, I'm originally from California so I root for another team who will not be mentioned for safety's sake.

Sure, the camp brought a lot of buisness to the city which helped with the construction of a new highway/overpass. It also increased the cheerleader "sitings", which was nice:D , but few and far between. I actually provided security for them when they were doing a photo shoot and signing autographs. I got a calendar signed by all the girls there. Much cuter in person by the way.

On a different subject, a friend of mine was driving through Iowa or some state up in that area and saw a Lightning sitting out front of a dealership. It was yellow with a black shaker hood and chrome wheels. He swears up and down it was an L no matter how much I argue. I figure it might have been some promotional thing, cause it was brand new sitting out front along side several other Fords that had body modifications. Anyone know anything about this?

Dan

Logan
07-18-2002, 03:20 PM
That wasn't an L, it was a Boss F150. Piece of garbage made by an aftermarket company out in California...

blueoval01
07-18-2002, 03:22 PM
Seems like I saw a thread on NLOC about a "supposedly" Yellow L. But, I recall it was like a Boss 302 Special edition or something.
:burnout:

The last Cowboy game I actually watched in it's entirity, Tom Landry was the coach. :throw:

Red2002
07-18-2002, 05:19 PM
Of all places, I was driving through Henryetta, Oklahoma yesterday and saw a Boss F150. The yellow and black paint job looked cool, but the body kit and rims were straight from Pep Boys. Cool paint, fugly truck. A big thumbs down here.

Welcome, new dude.

MadMax
07-18-2002, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Moonshine
Welcome aboard. We're not really "a good bunch of guys" but we can fake it when we're in public. ;)

what he said :D

blueoval01
07-18-2002, 11:15 PM
Saywhen,
I'm not familiar with a AAD Hood.
Is it similar to a F1 Cobra hood? Or one of Cervinis' hood styles?

Thanks.... :cool:

Sixpipes
07-18-2002, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by blueoval01
Saywhen,
I'm not familiar with a AAD Hood.
Is it similar to a F1 Cobra hood? Or one of Cervinis' hood styles?

Thanks.... :cool:
AAD Hood = F1 Cobra Hood

saywhen

I'm attending the Hottern Hell in August. :cool:

L8 APEX
07-19-2002, 12:55 AM
Which hotter'n hell in August?

saywhen
07-19-2002, 01:35 PM
BlueOval
The AAD is a Cobra F-1 Hood made by American Auto Designs

Sixpipes
Are you riding in the Hotter N Hell, or are you just gonna watch?

I don't recall which date it was, but I'm going to California mid August to see my family. I hope I'll be in town though.

Note signature change:tu:

Sixpipes
07-19-2002, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by saywhen
BlueOval
Are you riding in the Hotter N Hell, or are you just gonna watch?

I don't recall which date it was, but I'm going to California mid August to see my family. I hope I'll be in town though.

Note signature change:tu:
I usually ride while I watch. It is a veritable spandex festival. :banana: Probably do the 50 mile loop on my mountain bike again. Last weekend in August I think. Did I tell you it is a veritable spandex festival? I'll take photos. :cool:
http://www.f150online.com/galleries/images/211-300-24548.jpg:banana:

saywhen
07-19-2002, 05:41 PM
Yeah, I think you mentioned it.
I'll be back on the 19th of August, so maybe I'll see ya. I've noticed the spandex the last several years. :eek2:

blueoval01
07-19-2002, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Sixpipes

......... Did I tell you it is a veritable spandex festival? I'll take photos. :banana:

OK, you have my attention ...... where IS all this spandex?

tliss
07-19-2002, 07:49 PM
Excellent.:banana:

Make sure you take the camera that does mpgs too. Good booty in spandex = :d :banana: :d

Tom

Sixpipes
07-19-2002, 09:23 PM
Stuff like this everywhere. :cool:
http://www.f150online.com/galleries/images/211-300-24640.jpg

tliss
07-19-2002, 10:09 PM
So when and where is this TALON event? Shouldn't this be posted in the events section?

Mikey likes!! Although the curves are nice, the mountains in the north are not quite what they should be!

Oh well, it still deserves another nanner :banana:

Tom

MadMax
07-20-2002, 02:45 AM
Sixer...mo pics....mo pics :D

L8 APEX
07-20-2002, 09:58 AM
Mmmm..... Young & firm:D Good job Sixer!:tu: