PDA

View Full Version : Need suggestions on 2nd car...

mardyn
05-28-2004, 05:44 PM
I'm thinkin' 'bout getting another car... something that would get a little more fuel milage than my current Ford Expy or Chevy Z71...

Anyway, I'm kinda considering a Nissan ZX 300, maybe 93 to 96 model or so... V6 twin turbo & 5 speed... Y'all have any thoughts, good , bad, indifferent? Anybody know where one is for sale?

mardyn

99WhiteBeast
05-28-2004, 09:41 PM
An older Z car would be cool- especially the twin turbo 300zx:cool:

My neighbors father in law has one and he has been toying with selling it for years- cherry but has milage. I'll ask and see if he's still shopping it.

How about a 95GT last of the 5.0's:twitch:

dboat
05-29-2004, 05:39 AM
I dont remember those Z cars getting great gas mileage, esp the twin turbo. You would have your foot in it all the time.. but maybe I am wrong about that.
They are sweet cars though..

mardyn
05-29-2004, 11:01 AM
Yea, I don't think they were spectacular at fuel milage... maybe about 25 mpgs or so... but that's better than the 18 or so I'm getting now... another reason for the purchase is to have an extra vehicle to park in my carport to act as a deterent to the pack of thieves that frequents our alley :flaming: (rear entry garage/carports in this neighborhood...), but I've always liked the 300 ZX and if I can find one priced right that hasn't been dogged out, I might go for it...

Steve, check on that one for me and let me know if it's still available. :bows

Thanks for your opinions,
mardyn :D

QIK KAT
05-29-2004, 02:26 PM
Well, if you want alot of milage for your buck, get a hybird. Or what ever they're called:vomit:

dboat
05-29-2004, 02:29 PM
For a lot less money, you could get a brand new Kia Rio.... :evil

Or just get an older VW diesel.. what do you need all that performance, handling and sporty looks for anyway? :rolleyes:

mardyn
05-29-2004, 04:51 PM
I found this one on ebay.... SMZ eddition... supposedly bad ass.. but pretty pricey at $22K...

I'm still lookin'

mardyn :d ,

DamonH
05-29-2004, 05:33 PM
If it's gas mileage you are looking for, 300ZTT is not your car. :) If you still want one, I'd be willing to sell you mine for a lot less then $22k. heh They are a hella fun ride! knana They are just a pita to work on (engine compartment is really cramped) and parts are expensive as hell.

Later,
DamonH

WA 2 FST
05-30-2004, 12:06 AM
Something that would help us would be a price range you're looking to spend in.

If you'd like a 2-seat sports car that will have good power and get solid gas mileage then an LT4 Vette ('96) would be a cool choice. 330hp and it will knock down some good mpg with the 6-speed. 45-50k mile car would be in the $17-18k range on the high side. You may not like those, I don't know.

If you just want a vehicle with great fuel economy then skip the 2-seat sports car. ;)

mardyn
05-30-2004, 02:17 PM
Yea, I've considered a Vette.... had one when I got outta' college for a year or two... it was a real P.O.S (1977 model).... but a C5 might be an option I'd consider... don't wanna spend too much money though... maybe $15K for just the right car... but I'm not really a Corvette kinda guy now...

Like the 300 ZX body style... but don't know much about 'em other than I've liked 'em for a long time... How much fuel milage can one expect? 20 to 25 mpg? That wouldn't seem to be outta' line..

If I screw around thinkin' about it long enough, the urge to buy will go away and I'll hang on to my money 'til the next urge comes along..

Thanks for all the ideas... keep 'em coming, I'm listening. :D

mardyn