PDA

View Full Version : Hot Rod Power Tour Coming To Town

UUDLOSE
06-02-2004, 03:32 PM
Thought you all might be interested in this.

http://www.hotrod.com/upcomingevents/113_2004_hrpt/

The 2004 Hot Rod Magazine Power Tour, presented by General Motors and co-sponsored by Flowmaster, will travel from the Lone Star State to America's dairy land. This annual trek of everything from classic hot rods to late-model performance vehicles will launch from Arlington, Texas on Saturday, June 5, 2004 and conclude in Green Bay, Wisconsin on Friday, June 11, 2004.
This seven-day, seven-city tour once again brings the automotive enthusiast and the automotive aftermarket together to celebrate their combined passion of all things automotive. Last year, more than 200,000 participants and spectators enjoyed the nation's largest motorized traveling extravaganza, latest project vehicles from General Motors and a range of activities at each Tour stop including manufacturer displays, dyno challenge and product giveaways.
Painless Performance provides the spark for opening night hosting the Kick Off Cruise Night in Arlington, Texas, at The Ball Park in Arlington. The Tour gets underway on Sunday, June 6 traveling to the CityPlex in Tulsa, Okalahoma then on to the picturesque region of America's heartland on June 7.

Unfortunately, I can't be there as I will be in Corsicana this weekend.

sonicbluetommy
06-02-2004, 07:01 PM
Yeah, it sucks that I won't be here this weekend either. Going to miss Eric Claptons big guitar festival too.

I move to Dallas just for big events like this then it seems like I go back to podunkville every time some big event is here.

Oh well, other events will come along.

StormShadow
06-02-2004, 08:22 PM
Yeah, it sucks that I won't be here this weekend either. Going to miss Eric Claptons big guitar festival too.

I move to Dallas just for big events like this then it seems like I go back to podunkville every time some big event is here.

Oh well, other events will come along.
I had a chance to work the guitar fesitval Thurs, Fri, Sat, and Sun. They wanted 20 dsl circuits with networks behind each one and for me to stay there the whole weekend in case one went down. We are talking major grip. I can't do it though because I already committed to going to Oklahoma for the TMCC.

99WhiteBeast
06-03-2004, 03:40 PM
A few us have been talking about this. We're thinking of making the first leg from Arlington to OKC just to see what's all about. Will decide this weekend if I going to make it or not.

This is as close as it will ever be- right in our backyard:tu:

Some year I would like to take the whole week off and do the entire tour.

99WhiteBeast
06-03-2004, 03:42 PM
I had a chance to work the guitar fesitval Thurs, Fri, Sat, and Sun. They wanted 20 dsl circuits with networks behind each one and for me to stay there the whole weekend in case one went down. We are talking major grip. I can't do it though because I already committed to going to Oklahoma for the TMCC.

Now that's dedication to the club right there......might have a screw loose though-passing up Clapton and friends:nono:

sonicbluetommy
06-03-2004, 04:05 PM
I think I would be understanding of you not going to TMCC if you had a chance to work with so many guitar legends and a guitar

:bows :bows GOD :bows :bows

Are you nuts????? :throw:

LOL but its all good
Have fun whereever you end up!!!