PDA

View Full Version : Powder Coating -- new here :)

svtvschevy@aol.com
06-29-2004, 09:21 PM
Hi TALON.. Im new to this site and have been using National Lightning Owners Club and was invited to come join here and I have to say this is a great site.. I do powder coating work for alot of mustang people in dfw area and I just recently bought a lightning and want to be able to help some lightning owners out also.. My name is Paul and I will post up a link of some of my work, I have only been able to do one lightning piece so far but I hope to get caught up and do alot more to my new truck.. Thanks alot and let me know if I can be of some help.. Paul -- I will try to make the meet to Bone Daddys this Thursday and meet some other lightning people :D heres the link, I hope it works.. http://www.dfwstangs.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=179692&perpage=50&pagenumber=1

svtvschevy@aol.com
06-29-2004, 09:23 PM
btw keep scrolling down on that link and there is a ton of other pics scattered throughout the 3 pages.. Thanks again, Paul

cpeapea
06-29-2004, 09:59 PM
**** thats badass, i woulda had you powdercoat my engine block if i would have known :d

how much does this normally run, and do we get a talon discount?:evil

but seriously, you should come out to the meeting on thurs.

svtvschevy@aol.com
06-29-2004, 10:02 PM
Thanks alot :D I will try my best to come out on Thursday, I might try and bring some things with me to show.. As far as price, let em know what your wanting done and I will help you out for sure.. Too bad, we could have done the block for sure lol

Silver_2000
06-29-2004, 10:03 PM
**** thats badass, i woulda had you powdercoat my engine block if i would have known :d

how much does this normally run, and do we get a talon discount?:evil

but seriously, you should come out to the meeting on thurs.
Perhaps once he becomes a TALON http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/ranks/supp_vendor.gifhe will put together some discounts.

Paul - We have VERY reasonable Rates and would love to have another supporting vendor that helps keep the various LiIghtning related sites we manage online.

Send me an email for more information

Doug
As Terry Says " Internet Overlord"

L8 APEX
06-29-2004, 11:17 PM
What's up with SVTChevy:vomit: AOL on the end of that:vomit: :vomit: . Anyway, I have soem parts I would like coated. I have been using Randy at TopCoat in Mansfield. He is and will always be the best powdercoater ever. But he charges accordingly and is located over in Tarrant County. Where is your shop? Do you tape off and protect all threaded areas and mating surfaces? It looked like that spindle and everything else was coated solid. Thus leaving a lot of clean up work for the installer. Nothing is harder to remove than PC:hammer: . Pay Doug and jump on board:beer:

svtvschevy@aol.com
06-30-2004, 12:22 AM
Thanks alot Doug, I will get with you soon.. also thanks L8 hehehe the svt versus chevy @ aol.com svtvschevy@aol.com I have had this name almost since 1993 back in high school lol and just never changed it bud anyways yes I am a perfectionist and the rotors I did the guy wanted me to powder the whole thing and he was going to resurface them because he had his own machine and he wanted it to be perfect and let the machine take off the powder coating area instead of me trying to tape it off. I use caps to protect all bolt holes and injector holes on the lower intakes and I also use caps on all bolts, Like I said I am a perfectionist and try to do the very best work possible and I act like its my personal parts off of one of my vehicles.. The main part in the center of the spindle was the part he told me to tape off and I did so, not sure if you can tell by the pic but I assure you I take alot of pride in my work and I have learned alot and still learning everyday.. Thanks alot, Paul

svtvschevy@aol.com
07-01-2004, 01:47 AM
Hey guys, I got a couple of pics of an intake I did and some brackets, check them out :D I cant wait to do some things on my coupe and my lightning.. :tu: I still have to polish the top of the plate where it says 5.0 and the horse and Ho ect.. and also he wants me to polish all the fins so I will have an update soon for ya.. thanks