PDA

View Full Version : SCT On the way

L8 APEX
07-09-2004, 02:16 PM
I ordered a full dealer setup for Superchips Custom Tuning today. I hope there is enough local interest to make the investment payoff. I will be able to do 100% custom tunes at the shop or on a dyno. I orded a handful of SCT9100 flash programmers. They plug into the ALDL port under the dash no chips to mess with. A tuner can hold up to 3 programs. Another step to bring more serivce to TALON, help support us:beer: . Here is info on SCT.
http://www.superchipscustom.com/images/info_images_r9_c11.gif (http://www.superchipscustom.com/truck_page.php)

L1nt2B
07-09-2004, 10:37 PM
thats great... I will be needing a new program soon to go with a new 6# pulley
How much for that ...

sonicbluetommy
07-10-2004, 12:49 AM
I ordered a full dealer setup for Superchips Custom Tuning today. I hope there is enough local interest to make the investment payoff. I will be able to do 100% custom tunes at the shop or on a dyno. I orded a handful of SCT9100 flash programmers. They plug into the ALDL port under the dash no chips to mess with. A tuner can hold up to 3 programs. Another step to bring more serivce to TALON, help support us:beer: . Here is info on SCT.

So no chip needed and you can flash 3 different programs? Am I understanding that right? If so, cool!!!! knana The only question is how much? I need to get my 04 out to you to get the 4lb pulley installed and see what all you recommend for other upgrades.

How come the checkbook never adds up as fast as the wish list? :confused: :rolleyes:

L8 APEX
07-10-2004, 01:08 AM
I will have to see what my costs are I hear most tuners are getting about 450 for the tuner plus 30 for each extra tune. Or something like that.

dboat
07-10-2004, 07:10 AM
I will have to see what my costs are I hear most tuners are getting about 450 for the tuner plus 30 for each extra tune. Or something like that.

Terry,
Can you re-tune my Microtuner?
Dana

Nuhklz
07-10-2004, 11:00 AM
Would I benefit from a tune even though my truck is stock?

L8 APEX
07-10-2004, 11:28 AM
Terry,
Can you re-tune my Microtuner?
DanaNo they are totally differnet companies. Microtuners jsut modify bits of data. SCT rewrite the entire PCM software nothing Ford is left. That is how they are getting total control. Chips and old tuners only use 1 timing map. The SCT has control over 9 timing maps. I will look into programs that remove timing the colder the IAT gets. That should save some engines in the winter. As it sits the stock computer adds timing in the winter.

L8 APEX
07-10-2004, 11:29 AM
Would I benefit from a tune even though my truck is stock?A stock truck sees about 20 rwhp with a tune, along with shift improvements.

Nuhklz
07-10-2004, 03:47 PM
A stock truck sees about 20 rwhp with a tune, along with shift improvements.
Thanks! I'll keep an eye open for when you post up that the equipment is here and ready.

dboat
07-10-2004, 04:21 PM
No they are totally differnet companies. Microtuners jsut modify bits of data. SCT rewrite the entire PCM software nothing Ford is left. That is how they are getting total control. Chips and old tuners only use 1 timing map. The SCT has control over 9 timing maps. I will look into programs that remove timing the colder the IAT gets. That should save some engines in the winter. As it sits the stock computer adds timing in the winter.

I may have to go for one of those then.. While I am pretty happy with the pickup I got from the Microtuner, the last time at the dyno, it looked on the ragged edge of lean. Cold here is relative thing.. the high today is 76 and tomorrow will be one of the hottest days of the year at 82 :eek2: I have to put her up sometime between Nov 1 and Dec 1 for the winter and keep her there until March or April. Even then 50 degree temps are pretty common. So I live in pretty good L weather most of the time, except it prob goes a little cold more often than not.
Let me know when you get some in and lets get it going.. :tu:
Dana

jmlay
07-10-2004, 11:20 PM
I am pleased with my tuner. I just wish that I had more time to get things dialed in. I have not strayed far from the base SCT tune. I am sure that a little dedicated time on part Terry's will do wonders for us all.

Will you be offering value files for those of us that have the SW?

Mike

L8 APEX
07-12-2004, 08:27 AM
Will you be offering value files for those of us that have the SW?

MikeYou can just get them off their web update can't you?

jmlay
07-12-2004, 07:48 PM
I can not directly download anything other than software updates. I know all I have to do is ask for the support forum if I need a value file for a new MAS air meter etc.

What I really was asking was if you would be providing custom tunes for people that have the software already, could be value files or in the form of a complete file?

Mike

You can just get them off their web update can't you?

L8 APEX
07-12-2004, 11:23 PM
I'll have to see all this stuff is when it arrives.

Logan
07-13-2004, 07:34 PM
Terry, I've got an SCT Chip in my Marauder... If you have the ability to suck in programs from the chip, modify and reburn, that'd be too cool... We could go spend an afternoon on a dyno...

I know a TON of local Marauder guys that would happily pay for custom dyno tunes all day long...

Silver_2000
07-13-2004, 08:10 PM
I have a racers package if you want to check it out

Doug

L8 APEX
07-13-2004, 09:14 PM
Terry, I've got an SCT Chip in my Marauder... If you have the ability to suck in programs from the chip, modify and reburn, that'd be too cool... We could go spend an afternoon on a dyno...

I know a TON of local Marauder guys that would happily pay for custom dyno tunes all day long...I bought the flash tuner setup, it is another couple hundred bucks to do SCT chips. They do offer 6 program chips though...

jmlay
07-13-2004, 10:16 PM
With the latest SW update, 2.2.0.1, you will be able to pull a tune from the flasher, not from the PCM. I have not tried this yet, keepfogetting to bring my cable home from work. Currently there is no way to read the data from the chip, rumor has it that it is in the works.

Mike

L8 APEX
07-16-2004, 07:53 PM
The UPS man brought me a case of SCT flash tuners and the setup kit. I will study up and have a few units ready ASAP. Hopefully I can sell a few before the bill gets here this little delivery cost me over 4 thousand bucks:eek2: . Lets get dangerous:evil
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/15CIMG0192.JPG
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/15CIMG0193-med.JPG

L-Fever
07-21-2004, 11:02 AM
;

L8 APEX
07-21-2004, 08:26 PM
They go for 400-450 for standard setups. Dyno or custom work will be on an hourly basis. I will offer a buy back/discounted program for my current blue chip users. I should have the first units ready for trial tomorrow.

bobbywade69
07-21-2004, 08:53 PM
They go for 400-450 for standard setups. Dyno or custom work will be on an hourly basis. I will offer a buy back/discounted program for my current blue chip users. I should have the first units ready for trial tomorrow.
I might be interested on this buy back program!:tu:

StormShadow
07-21-2004, 09:55 PM
I might be interested on this buy back program!:tu:
I think I might also.

L8 APEX
07-27-2004, 08:12 PM
I have programed the first two SCT's and will test the tunes tomorrow. I will use a portable wideband o2 and my Ease datalogging software until I make a decision on a dyno. This system will still give me excellent data under actual driving loads and conditions.

L-Fever
07-28-2004, 10:08 AM

03LightningRocks
07-29-2004, 10:18 AM
I have programed the first two SCT's and will test the tunes tomorrow. I will use a portable wideband o2 and my Ease datalogging software until I make a decision on a dyno. This system will still give me excellent data under actual driving loads and conditions.
I have heard that getting the data while the truck is under actual load is more accurate anyway.

I do know that during the SCT tuning with both Mike T. and Jim@JDM, they both did the data logging and "final" adjustments after driving the truck under full load conditions.

From what I understand, the dyno rollers really don't offer enough resistance to simulate the effects of aero dynamic drag and actual weight of our heavy arse trucks. Jim was telling me that he has seen tunes start out looking good on the dyno, only to end up detonating under, WOT/full load, conditions.

I think you will find your getting more acurate tunes by checking the data under actual driving conditions.

Rocks

L8 APEX
07-29-2004, 08:51 PM
There are a FEW dynos that can simulate loads by eddy current or other braking systems. But these are expensive and rare. Synojet is coming out with one but the models everyone currently uses are just free rollers. Dyno tuning is also only good for full throttle no part throttle settings.

bobbywade69
07-30-2004, 05:13 PM
There is a section on the SCT in fast fords mag this month they gained 20HP more with the handheld than the chip!:tu:

L1nt2B
07-31-2004, 02:50 PM
how many different programs can you store on that thing?

bobbywade69
07-31-2004, 03:29 PM
how many different programs can you store on that thing?
3 programs plus your stock program.:tu:

L1nt2B
07-31-2004, 04:48 PM
cool...ok Terry I will take one, what about this blue chip buy back?

sonicbluetommy
07-31-2004, 07:03 PM
Mark me down for one also. Airraid cold air intake (have), 4lb pulley(have), and whatever else you recommed to compliment those 2 and the SCT, ie:the FTVB, and the new exhuast system you have etc.

I will call you and let you know when my truck should be out of the body shop (3rd wk of aug looks like) to set up an appointment so you can get everything together. Tommy

L8 APEX
08-05-2004, 09:23 AM
I'll pick up my wideband O2 tomorrow another $700 bucks in the name of better tuning. JDM has been going around the country showing shops how to use SCT. He will be in Dallas for two weeks during FFW Ennis. Hopefully I can get a lot of useful info then. Wesman's truck will be the first major build and tune for my SCT. He is going fully built cammed, ported long block, KB blower, injectors, MAF and whatever else I can think of the make if FLY. I am hoping for PR's first solid 600+hp truck and 10 second sled:tu:

L8 APEX
08-05-2004, 09:29 AM
Superchips is no longer producing or supporting Blue chips. They are all Microtuner, SCT programmer or chip. I only have a few blue chips left for those who don't want to spend $450 bucks on a SCT flasher. As far as upgrade program I am offering $50 bucks off for single chips and $100 bucks off a SCT for flip chips.

L1nt2B
08-05-2004, 08:22 PM
cool , so still put me down for one

L1nt2B
08-19-2004, 04:01 PM
So whats the word on these, are they ready yet?

L8 APEX
08-19-2004, 11:13 PM
I can't blink right now I am so busy. I will sit down and study it when I get time. Also Jim @ JDM is coming down for two weeks at FFW and we are supposed to dyno tune a few trucks. He has been traveling speed shops showing them how to use it. It is all he does most days is dyno/road tune.

L1nt2B
08-20-2004, 07:14 AM
cool...I will be @FFW

Silver_2000
08-20-2004, 09:19 AM
I can't blink right now I am so busy. I will sit down and study it when I get time. Also Jim @ JDM is coming down for two weeks at FFW and we are supposed to dyno tune a few trucks. He has been traveling speed shops showing them how to use it. It is all he does most days is dyno/road tune.
Interesting/Ironic that he is coming to town for 2 weeks to tune trucks and no one in TALON is aware till the last minute .... How typical :hammer:

L8 APEX
08-21-2004, 01:04 AM
He said he will be here for two weeks. He did not disclose for what exactly. He did say he would stop by and teach me some SCT stuff on the dyno.

Silver_2000
08-21-2004, 01:54 AM
He said he will be here for two weeks. He did not disclose for what exactly. He did say he would stop by and teach me some SCT stuff on the dyno.
Dont hold your breath ....

03LightningRocks
08-24-2004, 12:24 PM

Alot of the FFW racers,(from all the different classes) are coming straight to Dallas from Cordova, since the events are back to back. My guess is the week between the two is one of them. I bet the other is to go from here to Lightning Fest.

Terry..........have you talked to a fellow named Charlie from SCT? I know he is real anxious to get as many of the dealers trained as possible, as soon as he can. If Jim is not able to get to you, maybe you can see what Charlie can do to help out. He most likely will be here for FFW Dallas.

Rocks