PDA

View Full Version : the winner in the Ultimate couch potato contest

skalywags
08-14-2004, 05:22 PM
http://www.wftv.com/news/3643877/detail.html

cpeapea
08-14-2004, 06:36 PM
wowzers. i think that she will remain the undefeated champion for some time.

my2002lightning
08-14-2004, 09:11 PM
One of my parent's neighbors ( I met him a few times - talkative, retired guy - 240lbs~).

He died of evidently natural causes in his house during the summer and they didn't find him for 1-2 weeks.

They found him split-open :eek2: and had to end up bull-dozing the house b/c they couldn't get the smell out.

The property sold and there's a NICE 2-story log cabin on the same exact spot there, now.

skalywags
08-14-2004, 10:05 PM
:postwhore :ron:

bigdale83
08-15-2004, 02:37 PM
now i get it....that was my first time to actually witness :ron:

my2002lightning
08-15-2004, 03:09 PM
When you can snatch the pebble from my hand, Grasshopper... you will then know you have understood the way of the :ron:.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00013F38K.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

now i get it....that was my first time to actually witness :ron:

tliss
08-15-2004, 03:29 PM
When you can snatch the pebble from my hand, Grasshopper... you will then know you have understood the way of the :ron:.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00013F38K.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
They actually put "Kung Fu" on DVD? OMFG!!! So that's what really happened...her family wanted her to get up, so they put on the first season of "Kung Fu" and took away the remotes. She got desperate and instead of getting up she slashed her wrists to stop the suffering. Now I understand.

Tom

Tex Arcana
08-16-2004, 12:13 PM
My goodness... how bad it is, when you're so fat you are INCAPABLE of getting up?? I know some people cannot help being overweight, but that was ridiculousness to the extreme. If I ever get that way, I hope someone shoots me before I get to that point. :(

tliss
08-16-2004, 12:31 PM
My goodness... how bad it is, when you're so fat you are INCAPABLE of getting up?? I know some people cannot help being overweight, but that was ridiculousness to the extreme. If I ever get that way, I hope someone shoots me before I get to that point. :(
I hear that. To actually fuse with the couch and become one with it is a little gross. I like my couch and think it's pretty comfortable, but never want to actually become my couch!!

Tom

anglerx007
08-16-2004, 12:55 PM
I hear that. To actually fuse with the couch and become one with it is a little gross. I like my couch and think it's pretty comfortable, but never want to actually become my couch!!

Tom

Thats what you get when you buy fake leather instead of the real thing. :nono:

REXRENEGADE
08-16-2004, 01:02 PM
What a Swamp Moose! Get the big game gun Terry! :rll:

Mark #2
08-16-2004, 03:38 PM

Tom
You won't because you get up and get beer and food. The only way these people get this fat is because someone is feeding them, which is criminal IMHO.

Reminds me of the Japanese Kobe beef cows. They are prevented from moving and get messages.

Tex Arcana
08-16-2004, 03:46 PM
You won't because you get up and get beer and food. The only way these people get this fat is because someone is feeding them, which is criminal IMHO.

Well, you just lost your one excuse for getting up:
http://www.homedepot.com/cmc_upload/HDUS/EN_US/asset/images/eplus/165381_4.jpg

Reminds me of the Japanese Kobe beef cows. They are prevented from moving and get messages.
"Messages"?? I didn't know they had IM in cattle stalls... :evil

Mark #2
08-16-2004, 04:30 PM
Well, you just lost your one excuse for getting up:
http://www.homedepot.com/cmc_upload/HDUS/EN_US/asset/images/eplus/165381_4.jpg

"Messages"?? I didn't know they had IM in cattle stalls... :evil
Yeah, yeah, yeah, Last week I couldn't even spell ingineer now i are one.

Tex Arcana
08-16-2004, 04:32 PM
Yeah, yeah, yeah, Last week I couldn't even spell ingineer now i are one.

Better learn to spell in Chinese, because that's where your job is... :(

Mark #2
08-16-2004, 04:46 PM
Better learn to spell in Chinese, because that's where your job is... :(
At least all of the devlopment work is still being done in the states. More and more US manufacturing is moving off-shore.

Domo Arigato:nono:

Tex Arcana
08-16-2004, 05:27 PM
At least all of the devlopment work is still being done in the states. More and more US manufacturing is moving off-shore.

*all*??? What planet are you living on?? I'm a freakin' engineer, and I can't find ****. And there is a shitload of engineering design work being shipped off, because it's plain cheaper. Wonderful corporate "ethics": send all the work offshore, bankrupt the very people whose money they need, and then EVERYONE ends up out of work, and the economy ends up in the toilet. :vomit:

03LightningRocks
08-16-2004, 06:04 PM
That is unbelievable. As I read that I was starting to wonder if it was a National Inquirer story.

my2002lightning
08-16-2004, 07:34 PM
I feel like I'm beating a dead-horse here, but in the IT / Informatica field, pretty much ALL the new development is done by Apu or Srikanth in India for $1.82/hr.:rolleyes:

I can post-up their elementary questions regarding the technology on the how-to boards if anyone cares to read.

You get what you pay for.:cool:

Mark #2
08-16-2004, 09:35 PM
*all*??? What planet are you living on?? I'm a freakin' engineer, and I can't find ****. And there is a shitload of engineering design work being shipped off, because it's plain cheaper. Wonderful corporate "ethics": send all the work offshore, bankrupt the very people whose money they need, and then EVERYONE ends up out of work, and the economy ends up in the toilet. :vomit:
Okay, fair, not "all", but I can only talk about the company that I work for, most of the silicon development work is still in the US. IT is "all" off shore.
MarK