PDA

View Full Version : More bad news.. Ford to scrap entire SVT line...

r1eater
10-25-2004, 09:30 PM
Word on the street is bean counters at Ford are lobbying execs to can SVT line. Dropping the gen 3 Lightning may have been the nail in the coffin for the entire line.

Sandman
10-25-2004, 09:43 PM
So, where is this street you speak of?

r1eater
10-25-2004, 10:01 PM
CAR NEWS
Ford to drop SVT Focus, put entire SVT lineup on hiatus
Published Date: 11/24/03
DETROIT -- Ford Division, planning to take the SVT performance brand to a more premium position, will drop the SVT Focus after the 2004 model year, the company says.

Dropping the car is part of an overhaul of the SVT lineup. No SVT models, including the SVT F-150 Lightning and the SVT Mustang Cobra, will be produced for about 18 months starting in the spring.

Ford will still sell a performance Focus, called the Focus ST, a four-door sedan. That car will debut in the 2005 model year.

read it and weep (http://www.autoweek.com/article.cms?articleId=7771)

r1eater
10-25-2004, 10:06 PM
So, where is this street you speak of?

Guess you could call that Detroit City street :rll:

Sandman
10-25-2004, 10:19 PM
CAR NEWS
Ford to drop SVT Focus, put entire SVT lineup on hiatus
Published Date: 11/24/03
That article is from almost a year ago. About that time Ford came out with plans for an ST line. Basically for cars that didn't or wouldn't quite live up to the SVT name. The focus never did quite fit in with the SVT lineup, so they were going to move it to the ST line. This was all in the works way before they decided to drop the L.

I don't think this should lead us to believe that Ford is going to drop SVT. The Cobra will skip a year or two, sure, but it will be back. Hopefully, the L will be back right after that.

ElScotO
10-26-2004, 03:54 AM
hey, my SVT focus is mean :)

but its also supercharged, specially when a chevy camaro pulls up on me, then i smoke him with my JRSC'd Focus :rll: its a real eye popper

but thats my rant, Im still selling it to get my L

Scott-

(Represent'n SVT in the 325)

r1eater
10-26-2004, 07:07 AM
That article is from almost a year ago. About that time Ford came out with plans for an ST line. Basically for cars that didn't or wouldn't quite live up to the SVT name. The focus never did quite fit in with the SVT lineup, so they were going to move it to the ST line. This was all in the works way before they decided to drop the L.

I don't think this should lead us to believe that Ford is going to drop SVT. The Cobra will skip a year or two, sure, but it will be back. Hopefully, the L will be back right after that.

Damn it, thats what I get for doing a search, there is a more recent article someone pointed me too yesterday, I'll call them today and have them email it to me. I couldnt find it in my history and it was too late for me to call them yesterday.