PDA

View Full Version : Dyno Tuning With Swanson Performance...

tliss
10-27-2004, 03:10 PM
Folks,

Back during LightningFest the idea was brought up to bring Danny Swanson out for a dyno tuning session for us. We are trying to work out the details, but it looks like it'll be early next year before we can get him out here.

With that being said, we want to measure interest to see who would want to get some dyno tuning done by Danny. Again, details are still TBD.

Thanks,
Tom

DamonH
10-27-2004, 03:31 PM
I'll be in ... I'm sure I'll want him to do some tweaks after I get my new torque converter installed.

03LightningRocks
10-27-2004, 03:33 PM
You don't seem to have a, No...Terry is capable of Dyno Tuning Mine, but thanks anyway, option.

Put me in that category.

Rocks:rolleyes:

Sixpipes
10-27-2004, 04:43 PM
I've already got a Swanson chip, but I think there is another 1/10 of a second or more available with my set up. Cost is always important, so if we could get some reasonable expectation of what is available and the cost involved, I'm sure that would help people that have never had a Swanson chip decide. But I am definitely in. :cool:

Flats Man
10-27-2004, 05:03 PM
Can Danny do anything for the Gen1 crowd? If not, we may be interested in just a dyno run.

99WhiteBeast
10-27-2004, 06:01 PM
Depending upon costs- I run his chip and I know there is more to be had since its a conservative tune.

Crawford
10-27-2004, 06:07 PM
Damn... If I still had the L I would be all over this deal like a chinese cook on a sewer rat!

Maybe he can chip my my rice rocket! :rll:

tliss
10-27-2004, 07:02 PM
You don't seem to have a, No...Terry is capable of Dyno Tuning Mine, but thanks anyway, option.

Put me in that category.

Rocks:rolleyes:
You are right, and that's OK. Not all of us run a chip that Terry can program, so to each his own. We are exploring the possibility of getting something like this set up...it's not definite yet. It's got to be a viable option for those interested and for Danny overall...if it's not good for all parties it's not going to happen.

Tom

sonicbluetommy
10-28-2004, 12:06 AM
Damn... If I still had the L I would be all over this deal like a chinese cook on a sewer rat!

Maybe he can chip my my rice rocket! :rll:

Well you know he was gonna put a chip in their rental 4-door TAURAS :eek2: but didnt have time.

That would have been a monster!!!!!!!

:rll: :rll:

03LightningRocks
10-28-2004, 03:42 AM
You are right, and that's OK. Not all of us run a chip that Terry can program, so to each his own. We are exploring the possibility of getting something like this set up...it's not definite yet. It's got to be a viable option for those interested and for Danny overall...if it's not good for all parties it's not going to happen.

Tom

You could always update to the newer Super Chips technology;) . It's pretty good stuff...and like I said....we now have a local tuner that has made quite an investment to provide this service on a local basis.

Have you ever heard the expression, "use it or loose it"?

Rocks:beer:

L8 APEX
10-28-2004, 11:30 AM
Thanks for your support Rocks, I am still a ways from breaking even on the SCT stuff. I would be a lot closer if it didn't have to replace my laptop to use it:hammer: . But I know everyone has their preferences and I personally like Danny he is cool. If these guys are willing to pay good money for his time then good for him:tu: . Few people appreciate the value of dyno tuning and what it is worth. Unless they get over ten pre-paid folks it should be 400 a truck or better to cover airfare, dyno retal for two days, and a fist full of dollars! If he comes to town I will probably go hang out with them:beer: .

Tom: I would get cash in hand ahead of time on this:twitch: .

tliss
10-28-2004, 12:35 PM
Tom: I would get cash in hand ahead of time on this:twitch: .Believe that. There is no backing out on this one if it happens.

As far as supporting your local tuner versus someone out of town, I would like to say that many of us have a lot of tme and $$ invested in our current chips and tunes, and to start over with a new tuner would be a big hassle. Danny is the first tuner (no, I have not tried Terry on a chip yet) that has gotten me close to where I want the truck to be and I appreciate that. Because my truck is tuned by Danny does not take anything away from Terry or his abilities. Terry has put most of the mods on my truck, so I would count that as supporting my local tuner. Hell...I bought my chip from him before he started doing the tuning! If I was starting over, who know what I would do. Bottom line, this is something a few of us approached Danny for and he was open to it. If we can do it, great...if not, then we lost nothing but the time invested in trying to make it happen.

Tom

tliss
11-03-2004, 09:05 AM
Hmmm, signs of this actually happening are starting to look pretty dim. Anybody else?

I'm going to contact Danny to see what his minimum number of trucks to tune would be for him to get something out of this, and if we cannot meet that number PREPAYED then we are going to drop this all together.

Tom

wesman
11-04-2004, 04:03 PM
Well, hopefully his in person tunes are a little better than mail order. I've seen some downright scary AF's/Timing on some mail order ones. In fact I was running a Swanson tuned chip for the KB when I ventilated my block....could be coincidence...dunno:confused:

--wes

L8 APEX
11-04-2004, 08:00 PM
Well, hopefully his in person tunes are a little better than mail order. I've seen some downright scary AF's/Timing on some mail order ones. In fact I was running a Swanson tuned chip for the KB when I ventilated my block....could be coincidence...dunno:confused:

--wesI noticed your Autologic was in there. I pulled the plugs out of your old motor and #5,6 have broken ceramic and burnt off electrodes.

wesman
11-04-2004, 08:51 PM
lol...your typing looks like mine. That Autologic is a Swanson tune.

--wes