PDA

View Full Version : question for NOS users

byrd35us
10-27-2004, 04:59 PM
I am currently spraying 100 shot of NOS on my 91 mustang and I am in the process of upgrading to 150 shot. I know I need to upgrade the fuel pump my question is what size fuel pump do I need. Some people have said 155 or 190. Others have said 255. the people that say 155 or 190 say that the 255 will be to much and will cause problems. Not sure. The car is basically stock so I dont need extra fuel for any other upgrade besides the nos. Any feedback would be appreciated

99WhiteBeast
10-27-2004, 06:06 PM
Maybe some of the stang guys (Ken,Rob,Derrick,Wes) will chime in here or our resident evil tuner.

There are a handfull of guys that like the bottle- personally I would rather be blown:evil

other great sources for stang info:
dfwstangs.net
thecorral.net
stangnet.com
modularford.com

Sixpipes
10-27-2004, 06:26 PM
I've got a bottle and the "Big Shot" set up for my 93, but I'm not sure if I want to go there. :cool:

http://www.reevesracing.ca/video/backFire.WMV

cpeapea
10-27-2004, 08:24 PM
whats the overall hp number with the bottle?

Tex Arcana
10-28-2004, 02:09 PM
I've got a bottle and the "Big Shot" set up for my 93, but I'm not sure if I want to go there. :cool:

http://www.reevesracing.ca/video/backFire.WMV
bwahahaha!! pwnt by backfire!

SPEAKING OF.. to show my nitrous ignorance.. WTF is up with the purge nozzles, and venting the system off like that?? :confused:

WA 2 FST
10-28-2004, 02:43 PM
Contrary to popular belief, as long as you run the same fuel pressure, you cannot get too large of a pump. The potential problem with too large of a pump is that if the fuel lines (primarily the return) are too small, then it will raise fuel pressure beyond where you want it.

Personally, I'd get a 255lph in-tank pump and be done with it...given that you say the car is pretty stock except for the nitrous. That being said, you can probably "get away with" a 190lph pump.

If you modify the car significantly, then you will probably need an in-line pump, if not a stand-alone pump.

Shiner1
10-28-2004, 06:49 PM
bwahahaha!! pwnt by backfire!

SPEAKING OF.. to show my nitrous ignorance.. WTF is up with the purge nozzles, and venting the system off like that?? :confused:
Nitrous in lines between the bottle and nozzle will evaporate and lose pressure fairly quickly. The idea behind the purge is to bring fresh, pressurized N20 to the nozzle in order to get a good spray each time you make a pass. If you did not purge the lines of air when you hit the button or mashed the throttle (depending on your system) you wouldn't get a good shot of juice each time you made a pass. Some guys will purge during the burnout, as in use the juice to assist the burnout, therefore purging the system through the motor. I watched a guy do that one night at Denton and the truck died right at the end of his burnout. He didn't kill the juice and when he started it....KABOOM...It blew the carb and part of the manifold through his hood and onto the track. That's why I used a regular purge system.

T Hogg
10-28-2004, 07:46 PM
I run a 190 on my stock 95gt w/ a 125 shot. with no problems. I would be very careful w/ a 150 on the stock pistons.

byrd35us
10-29-2004, 10:01 PM
its all fordged in a 91 so there shouldn t be a problem

by the way what times are you running with the 125 shot in the 1/4.

I was able to pull a 12.72 with the 100 shot. just curious I hoping the 150 will put me in the low, low 12's. FYI-- with my 75 shot all I could run was 13.3, amazing what 25 extra horse can do.

Tex Arcana
11-01-2004, 01:53 PM
its all FORDged...

:rll: Sorry, but I like these special FORDging processes... :tu:

cpeapea
11-01-2004, 09:08 PM
yea in 93 they changed to using hyperuetectics in stead of the forged alulminum in previous years. hyper's are nice and strong up until you get detonation. they are kinda brittle, they like to shatter or crack, they can crack if you drop them. tune safely and you should be good...i think, if i remember right.