10-31-2004, 10:36 PM
well then meet roy williams

https://home.comcast.net/~kfox85/HIT.wmv

FRDRCING
10-31-2004, 11:06 PM
That's gonna leave a mark

Tex Arcana
11-01-2004, 02:30 PM
Oh, yeah.. I saw that. :d That boy is the second coming of Jack "The Assassin" Tatum... :D

Shiner1
11-01-2004, 06:09 PM
ouch...:eek2:

TreeFiddy
11-01-2004, 06:33 PM
He hits like Ronnie Lott.

StormShadow
11-01-2004, 07:35 PM
He hits like Ronnie Lott.
I was thinking more like Steve Atwater.

Tex Arcana
11-02-2004, 03:59 PM
You boys must be too young to remember Jack Tatum... :(

Mark #2
11-02-2004, 04:15 PM
Not me, I remember.:eek:
Jack Tatum's hit on Darrel Stingley--Jack Tatum had been described as Black Death, a marginally clean player who collected many bounties for the injuries he inflicted on the Raider's opponents. Darrell Stingly was a fast receiver from Purdue who had a good career with the Patriots. Stingley caught a pass, and was immediately hit in the neck by Tatum, who still maintains that Stingley's resulting quadroplegic paralysis was unintentional. Doubtful.

StormShadow
11-02-2004, 04:18 PM
We are but we can still watch NFLFILMS.

REXRENEGADE
11-02-2004, 04:54 PM
A former pupil of Woody Hayes! I do remember a collision Tatum had with Earl Campbell on the the 1 yard line as Earl was going in for a score. Both players hit head on and though Earl's momentum carried him in for the score, he was seing plenty of stars! He sit there on his ass for a minute or two not sure of who he was or how he got there! Tatum used to destroy receivers and running backs. You either loved him or hated him.

:eek:

TreeFiddy
11-02-2004, 05:28 PM
I remember Jack Tatum. He paralyzed a guy in a preseason game. He's not worth mention in a discussion of football. He didn't hit harder than Ronnie Lott or Steve Atwater, and neither of them are ever mentioned as dirty players or cheap-shot artists.

Tex Arcana
11-03-2004, 03:31 PM
Not me, I remember.:eek:
Jack Tatum's hit on Darrel Stingley--Jack Tatum had been described as Black Death, a marginally clean player who collected many bounties for the injuries he inflicted on the Raider's opponents. Darrell Stingly was a fast receiver from Purdue who had a good career with the Patriots. Stingley caught a pass, and was immediately hit in the neck by Tatum, who still maintains that Stingley's resulting quadraplegic paralysis was unintentional. Doubtful.

Most people who saw the hit (I was one of 'em, tho I was a teen at the time) say it was a clean one, with the only qualification being that maybe it was too hard for a "pre-season" game. I doubt seriously he really intended to break his neck, tho he did intend to make him think twice about cutting across the middle again. In the day and age he played, tho, he was merely a tough player. Today, however, in the "era of the tutus":rolleyes:, he would've been kicked out for good on that one.

Tex Arcana
11-03-2004, 03:40 PM
I remember Jack Tatum. He paralyzed a guy in a preseason game. He's not worth mention in a discussion of football. He didn't hit harder than Ronnie Lott or Steve Atwater, and neither of them are ever mentioned as dirty players or cheap-shot artists.

I disagree. He was one of the hardest hitters ever. And, except for the unfortunate result of a hit on Stingley, he was one of the greatest players in his position of all time, and had Stingley NOT been hurt or paralyzed, Tatum would've ended up in the Hall of Fame.

Whether he was dirty or not: I don't think so, even though he played up the "dirty player" image, he did it within the rules of the game, in the time that he played. Lott was good, but I do'nt think he had the ferocity that Tatum had. And I see that ferocity in Roy Williams as well.