PDA

View Full Version : Talon Fall Classic 2004 Convoy Details

00Bolt
11-08-2004, 10:49 AM
just wanted to start a new thread and try and get everything straight...

Date: Dec 4th
Place: Hallsville
Race: Bracket

I think if ya are in Talon club and ya arent on death bed, its a MUST you come to this.... so get permission from wife, ask off work or do whatever you have to do now.... even im gonna go... so i dont expect anyone else to miss it....

what time do ya usually get up there? we need to get some convoys together for the ride out there.... I for one dont even know how to get there...

***EDITED BY TLISS TO ADD MEETING PLACE DETAILS***

CONVOY TO HALLSVILLE
The convoy going to Hallsville will leave from the Sonic in Balch Springs at 8:30am sharp. The Sonic is right at the east edge of DFW - Right before you get on 20

Take the Elam exit of 635 going south on 635 get off on Elam and go under the hwy - the sonic is up one light on the left

Sonic Drive-In
3628 Shepherd Ln, Balch Springs, TX 75180

Here is a map for you visual types:

http://yp.yahoo.com/py/ypMap.py?Pyt=Typ&tuid=7654389&ck=3030731383&tab=B2C&tcat=8903827&city=Balch+Springs&state=TX&country=us&msa=1920&slt=32.728519&sln=-96.622665&cs=4&stat=:pos:0:regular:regT:1:fbT:0

CONVOY TO BALCH SPRINGS FROM ARLINGTON
Meet at Discount Tire at GSW Parkway and I20-Leaving 7:45am sharp.

CONVOY TO BALCH SPRINGS FROM NORTH DALLAS
Meet at IHOP at 75 and Spring Valley. If you want to eat breakfast there beforehand, come early. Leaving the IHOP at between 7:30 and 7:45.

T

tliss
11-08-2004, 11:18 AM
just wanted to start a new thread and try and get everything straight...

Date: Dec 4th
Place: Hallsville
Price: $20
Race: Bracket

I think if ya are in Talon club and ya arent on death bed, its a MUST you come to this.... so get permission from wife, ask off work or do whatever you have to do now.... even im gonna go... so i dont expect anyone else to miss it....

what time do ya usually get up there? we need to get some convoys together for the ride out there.... I for one dont even know how to get there...
We have generally had a convoy meet up early in the morning (around 8-ish) to take the long trip out there. If we are planning to meet at 8 down somewhere along I-20, then I will volunteer to set up a North Dallas meeting point to gather the northern guys and head down to the big meeting point. We will meet at the IHOP on 75 and Spring Valley at around 7-ish or so, and leaving time will be determined based upon when we need to meet up with everyone else.

Tom

jcblack
11-08-2004, 10:34 PM
Let me know how you guys do. We are slammed at work and have to start working 7 days a week.

99WhiteBeast
11-08-2004, 11:51 PM
Let me know how you guys do. We are slammed at work and have to start working 7 days a week.
Oh hell no:nono: - I'm calling in a terrorist threat or something:eek2:

Oh and can we change the thread title to Hallsville Convoy or something so we don't cause any more confusion

L8 APEX
11-09-2004, 12:01 AM
I was just thinking of starting another thread on TALON fall Classic knana

tliss
11-09-2004, 06:54 AM
...Oh and can we change the thread title to Hallsville Convoy or something so we don't cause any more confusion
Renamed and stuck for convenience :d

Tom

00Bolt
11-10-2004, 11:02 AM
so Arlington guys... what yall thinking here??? when/where we gonna meet

99WhiteBeast
11-10-2004, 03:09 PM
so Arlington guys... what yall thinking here??? when/where we gonna meet
For the Southern and Western group:

Discount Tire at GSW Parkway and I20- 7:45am Sharp!

Will then leave from there to meet with the Northern folks at the Balch Springs location.

Thanks for changing the thread title Tom

SpeedyBolt
11-10-2004, 06:06 PM
Where is Hallsville anyway? What major highway do you take, 45, 35?

Sandman
11-10-2004, 06:24 PM
Where is Hallsville anyway? What major highway do you take, 45, 35?20. It's east.

SpeedyBolt
11-10-2004, 07:00 PM
OH, I thought it was south!

tliss
11-17-2004, 08:54 AM
Added meeting place and convoy details to first post. This is where the latest and greatest will be posted.

Tom

00Bolt
11-18-2004, 10:33 PM
this might seem like a cheesy question, but i was wondering how many miles it is from Arlington to Hallsville.... id like to land in hallsville with as little gas in the tank as possible.... trying to calculate when I need in the tank when I leave

TP Derrick D
11-18-2004, 10:52 PM
this might seem like a cheesy question, but i was wondering how many miles it is from Arlington to Hallsville.... id like to land in hallsville with as little gas in the tank as possible.... trying to calculate when I need in the tank when I leave

160-170 miles. Got a map? If so, I-20 E, its out past Longview.
Scott, make sure you have enough gas, there is not a lot of petro on every corner out there. You will be in the boonies!!!!

SpeedyBolt
11-18-2004, 10:53 PM
I have no idea how far it is, I'm still trying to figure out what the best way for me to go is!

TP Derrick D
11-18-2004, 11:03 PM
I have no idea how far it is, I'm still trying to figure out what the best way for me to go is!

Where are you coming from? South of Waco?

SpeedyBolt
11-18-2004, 11:07 PM
I'm coming from the Hillsboro area! I think I have figured it out though! I can just head up 35E and meet up with y'all at the Sonic in Balch Springs. Gonna have to go right by it anyhow! Just going to have to wake up a little earlier!

TP Derrick D
11-19-2004, 12:07 AM
I'm coming from the Hillsboro area! I think I have figured it out though! I can just head up 35E and meet up with y'all at the Sonic in Balch Springs. Gonna have to go right by it anyhow! Just going to have to wake up a little earlier!

I know from Waco you could cut across highway 31 and come out on I-20 in Longview. That would save at least 2-3 hours.
Is it a road you can cut across like highway 67 from I-35? You would come out on I-20 in Dallas/Duncanville

StormShadow
11-19-2004, 12:26 AM
I'll be coming from the 67 / I 20 area. I'll probably try to meet up with the Alrington guys so if you want to meet up with us let me know.

SpeedyBolt
11-19-2004, 12:32 AM
Thanks guy's! I think I'll be able to find it though. Don't want you to have to wait on me in-case something goes wrong. It's about an hour from my house here in Whitney to Dallas. I did a mapquest on it so I have a general idea of where I'm going. :tu:

Tobbun
11-19-2004, 10:17 PM
Anyone else planning on the IHOP location to begin with?

tliss
11-19-2004, 11:30 PM
Anyone else planning on the IHOP location to begin with?
I'll be there.

Tom

sonicbluetommy
11-19-2004, 11:45 PM
Hey Tom

What is your planned route from 75/spring valley? I am assuming 635 to Balch Springs. If so, I will probably pick you guys up just past 35 and 635.

True Blue Aggie
11-20-2004, 01:39 AM
Does everyone want to meet up at Bone Daddy's / IHOP parking lot that morning? Tobbun, myself, Tom, Ronald~Laney, Rocks, anyone else...

tliss
11-20-2004, 12:40 PM
Hey Tom

What is your planned route from 75/spring valley? I am assuming 635 to Balch Springs. If so, I will probably pick you guys up just past 35 and 635.
I'll have to re-review the route, but I think it is going to be 75 to 635 to Balch Springs. We won't be going toward 35, we have to go east. Just head over to IHOP in Richardson...it's not that far north from 635 anyway. Or you can meet us along 635.

PM me your cell number and I'll buzz you when we're on our way if you elect to meet us on 635.

Tom

True Blue Aggie
11-28-2004, 10:16 AM
For those who have them, what is the number that everyone uses to talk to each other? 5-6, 8-8,????

99WhiteBeast
11-28-2004, 10:21 AM
For those who have them, what is the number that everyone uses to talk to each other? 5-6, 8-8,????
5.4:tu:

WA 2 FST
11-28-2004, 03:52 PM
Does everyone want to meet up at Bone Daddy's / IHOP parking lot that morning? Tobbun, myself, Tom, Ronald~Laney, Rocks, anyone else...
I am still going to try and make it out to H-ville. I would rather run my Z06, but I don't think the twin-turbo upgrade will be finished anyway.

The one time I went years ago (my friend drove my '99 and I drove my nitrous'd '96 Cobra) you guys averaged 90+mph heading out I-20.

Not trying to be the "grandpa in the right lane", but I don't want to slow down this convoy, so let me know beforehand what the intended average rate of speed will be. I may have my son with me, and if so, I'm not going to be doing 90 for 2 hours.

TIA

True Blue Aggie
11-28-2004, 03:57 PM
You probably do not want to be trying to keep up with me then. I'm usually around 80 on the highways, but since Tom and Ronald might be trying to follow, I might have to slow down for them.....:burnout:

WA 2 FST
11-28-2004, 05:45 PM
80mph is fine. I do that in our Expedition on extended trips. 90 is getting up there when you've got 20+ vehicles in a convoy, IMHO.

Silver_2000
11-28-2004, 06:09 PM
80mph is fine. I do that in our Expedition on extended trips. 90 is getting up there when you've got 20+ vehicles in a convoy, IMHO.
Recent convoys have slowed down...

Cant explain why exactly .... Maybe it was the urban legend I heard about ... A bunch of performance vehicles all getting pulled over en mass ??

Nahh than never happened:rolleyes:

True Blue Aggie
11-28-2004, 07:01 PM
Those convoys only got pulled over because they let the cops catch them....:d

In all seriousness, I am in no rush to get to Hallsville. I always leave early so there should be no reason to run 90-100 mph at all....unless provoked, of course.

WA 2 FST
11-28-2004, 07:11 PM
Well, I'm not trying to be a sissy here. I just have no desire to run that long, with that many vehicles, at 20+mph over the limit trying to dodge traffic (even if its sparse...it still gets in the way). Plus with my kid w/ me... I'm trying to set a good example. :tongue:

When I'm by myself, I am almost never below 80 on N. Dallas highways, and last time I went to H-ville in my Vette I was doing 110 for an hour before I got tired of jacking with traffic, and the fear of some E. Texas hillbilly's cell phone getting me in trouble.
If I can meet up with the convoy, I'll probably just hang at the back, so if someone starts going supersonic, I won't be in the way. :d

It sucks... my HRE's are not going to be here in time. I was hoping to show them off! :mad:

Silver_2000
11-28-2004, 08:58 PM
Those convoys only got pulled over because they let the cops catch them....:d

In all seriousness, I am in no rush to get to Hallsville. I always leave early so there should be no reason to run 90-100 mph at all....unless provoked, of course.You are entitled to your opinion

As Wes said - The cell phone gets you every time - That and when the trooper blocks BOTH lanes of I20 with his cruiser to stop all of you ....

I know the truck will do 140+ - I dont have to prove it ... Anymore....

Doug

SpeedyBolt
11-28-2004, 09:01 PM
On top of that with the new Texas law about racing, they would probably say in court that everybody was racing each other and everybody loose thier license!!! Not worth it!!! :burnout:

WA 2 FST
11-28-2004, 11:16 PM
On top of that with the new Texas law about racing, they would probably say in court that everybody was racing each other and everybody loose thier license!!! Not worth it!!! :burnout:
Yeah... gotta love the irony of that... getting busted racing on your way to/from the racetrack.

<---seen it happen, fortunately it wasn't me.

my2002lightning
11-29-2004, 01:16 AM
Let's not forget the break-away TALON in-bound Topeka convoy north of Wichita in '03.:burnout:

Recent convoys have slowed down...

Cant explain why exactly .... Maybe it was the urban legend I heard about ... A bunch of performance vehicles all getting pulled over en mass ??

Nahh than never happened:rolleyes:

Mark #2
11-29-2004, 03:26 PM
You are entitled to your opinion

-That and when the trooper blocks BOTH lanes of I20 with his cruiser to stop all of you ....

Doug
This is BS...urban legend...this never happened the first time I joined a Talon event and met most of you.

Mark#2

SpeedyBolt
11-29-2004, 06:47 PM
does anyone know what the actual frequency of the channel y'all use is? I don't have a motorola but I do have a scanner so I could at least listen! :D

Silver_2000
11-29-2004, 07:01 PM
This is BS...urban legend...this never happened the first time I joined a Talon event and met most of you.

Mark#2
That was your rookie trip ??? LOL :rll: :rll:

SonicBlueSVT
11-29-2004, 08:05 PM
I'll be meeting up with you guys at IHOP :beer:

PoorSvtman
11-29-2004, 10:27 PM
Ya know why not just add me to the list lol...... Im only gonna do test and tune but why not go, I got a friend in from florida that is making me go.

00Bolt
11-29-2004, 11:05 PM
Ya know why not just add me to the list lol...... Im only gonna do test and tune but why not go, I got a friend in from florida that is making me go.

:beer:

wesman
11-29-2004, 11:07 PM
I know the truck will do 140+ - I dont have to prove it ... Anymore....

Doug
Ask Andrew about that one :hammer:

--wes

03LightningRocks
11-29-2004, 11:33 PM
Ask Andrew about that one :hammer:

--wes
Hey Wes,

Speaking of 140 MPH. Your truck was really running good today:eek: . Terry is pretty darned good at that drifting thing. I didn't know what it was, so he took me out in a red L with some dork looking exhaust tips, and gave me some pointers.

I actually did pretty good for my first time drifting. If my cigarette hadn't fallen on the seat between my legs and burned me, I would have made that last curve. It really sucked because it caused Terry to drop the bottle of Crown on the floor board. Don't get upset though, he only lost about half the bottle before he dug it out from under the seat.

One more thing.....it wasn't me that puked in the glove box. Olivia (one of the crack hoes we met today) got sick from drinking to much crown and since she was in the middle couldn't make the window.

Anyway....it was fun. Thanks for allowing the club members access to a party vehicle. Your alright by me.....:beer: .

Rocks

my2002lightning
11-29-2004, 11:46 PM
Uncle Rocks,
You're a piece of work! :rll: knana :d

Speaking of whom, anyone heard from Andrew/microsuck lately? Unsane?

Good kid, but he needed to "discipline" himself with the L.

Ronald

Hey Wes,

Speaking of 140 MPH. Your truck was really running good today:eek: . Terry is pretty darned good at that drifting thing. I didn't know what it was, so he took me out in a red L with some dork looking exhaust tips, and gave me some pointers.

I actually did pretty good for my first time drifting. If my cigarette hadn't fallen on the seat between my legs and burned me, I would have made that last curve. It really sucked because it caused Terry to drop the bottle of Crown on the floor board. Don't get upset though, he only lost about half the bottle before he dug it out from under the seat.

One more thing.....it wasn't me that puked in the glove box. Olivia (one of the crack hoes we met today) got sick from drinking to much crown and since she was in the middle couldn't make the window.

Anyway....it was fun. Thanks for allowing the club members access to a party vehicle. Your alright by me.....:beer: .

Rocks

wesman
11-30-2004, 12:16 AM
Hey Wes,

Rocks

lol...you guys suck.....:throw:

"leaving computer and getting firepower to go retrieve my damn truck":hammer:

--wes

L8 APEX
11-30-2004, 12:26 AM
Yeah you are one scary drifting bastard Rocks! You jsut have to set the rev limiter to 8500rpm so it stays in the power band:burnout: It was good times though drifting in the rain saves rubber:beer: . We are in need of more Crown even cutting it with Rum and pineapple juice doesn't make it last much longer:hammer:

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/15CIMG1475-med.JPG

MadNess
11-30-2004, 06:18 AM
Yeah you are one scary drifting bastard Rocks! You jsut have to set the rev limiter to 8500rpm so it stays in the power band:burnout: It was good times though drifting in the rain saves rubber:beer: . We are in need of more Crown even cutting it with Rum and pineapple juice doesn't make it last much longer:hammer:

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/15CIMG1475-med.JPG

You need to get the bigger bottles.. those small ones dont last a full evening.. the big bottles last almost 1.5 evenings :D

sonicbluetommy
12-01-2004, 12:29 AM
I remember a certain individual in the 04 Lfest convoy that got a finger wagging from the hwy patrol. No names to protect the guilty of course!

Mark #2
12-02-2004, 11:20 AM
That was your rookie trip ??? LOL :rll: :rll:Yup, first time I met many people ...

Names removed my admin to protect the innocent - LOL

Sixpipes
12-02-2004, 01:02 PM
I went through McKinney, Greenville, and down Hwy 69 to I-20. Missed the party. :evil

TxBolt
12-02-2004, 07:06 PM
Can someone call me tommorrow between 7am-7pm so I can call you back Saturday to find the convoys mile marker? I will fall in behind on the way. (903 520-7399) I'm working on getting others to go also. Thanks!

Silver_2000
12-03-2004, 09:22 AM
Good News

I have my replacement camera and I have a ride to Hallsville ... Now I just need to remember to get up early

Doug

tliss
12-03-2004, 09:41 PM
All right....let's get this show on the road. Whose all meeting at IHOP in Richardson? Not sure if I'm eating breakfast or not. Anyway, see you there. Those of you that will likely be meeting there all ready have my number...

Tom

Sandman
12-03-2004, 09:45 PM
I'll be at Ihop.

L1nt2B
12-03-2004, 09:47 PM
cameras are ready...Im almost ready...truck is ready...see ya @ sonic :nana2

WA 2 FST
12-03-2004, 10:52 PM
Tom,

I'll be there. Are we leaving there @ 7:30? I'll be there ~7:15.

03LightningRocks
12-03-2004, 11:02 PM
If I get moving early enough, I will be there. I have to go get the trailer and load my Lightning on it in the morning.

If I miss you, I will catch up at Sonic.

:rolleyes: Must Remember Spare Tire.....:rolleyes:

94lightning
12-03-2004, 11:29 PM
I ' ll be there , just not with the L ...didnt make it got the new engine in and everything ready but the engine builder put a cam in there that was too rough for speed density so my comp hot rod cam goes in next saturday ,......................... HOPEFULLY we will have another one of these soon. ;)

FYI i will have my video cam and the cannon camera so ill get some good pics

Silver_2000
12-03-2004, 11:41 PM
Must Remember Spare Tire.....:rolleyes:
NO ****

my2002lightning
12-04-2004, 01:01 AM
I'm flying solo (minus Elaine) and looking forward to the haul out to Hallsville! knana

Looking forward to more good TALON pics and checking out the festivities!

As for the alarm clock! :hammer: :D

True Blue Aggie
12-04-2004, 01:20 AM
If someone happens to have a female to female serial port connection laying around, bring it. I have a cool new toy (practice tree) that needs a female to female connection to hook into my laptop.

Cue the gay jokes now...

tliss
12-04-2004, 07:14 AM
Tom,

I'll be there. Are we leaving there @ 7:30? I'll be there ~7:15.
We'll be rolling around 7:30, plus or minus a few minutes. See you in about an hour!

Tom

tliss
12-04-2004, 07:15 AM
If someone happens to have a female to female serial port connection laying around, bring it. I have a cool new toy (practice tree) that needs a female to female connection to hook into my laptop.

Cue the gay jokes now...
I think I've got one...I'll look for it and bring it if I find it.

You looking for some hot lesbo action in your truck while you're at the track? EXCELLENT :tu: :tu:

Tom

99WhiteBeast
12-04-2004, 07:19 AM
lets roll

Silver_2000
12-04-2004, 07:31 AM

Cue the gay jokes now...
Found 3 Hetero Cables... no Homo Cables.. The Hetero cables I did find are multicultural - does that help ?

Maybe I can find one that is metro sexual - is that close enough ??

my2002lightning
12-04-2004, 08:27 AM
Headed that direction, now.

L1nt2B
12-04-2004, 09:35 PM
had a Great time...hope someone got some good pics...post up if ya did :nana2

my2002lightning
12-04-2004, 09:59 PM
I've got quite a few good ones upclose on take-off with plenty of burnouts and alot of other pics. I'm reviewing them now and they look GOOD!

I've got a good one of Ron doing a good job of unloading the front suspension, the wreck down-track which Wes almost became a part of.... along with the track-help with 1/2 of "Cleveland" almost falling out of her low-cut top! :D I think I can almost see "proof" of the cooler temps. :d

Wes,

Glad you weren't just ~20-30 seconds earlier on the way back to the pits. Someone was watching over you.:bows

Doug,

When you get back to town, could you create a 2005 Talon Classic area to upload these pics to? It seems I've maxed out space in mine and Elaine's accounts. :D Thanks.

Good time and good to see everyone, again !

Ronald

sonicbluetommy
12-04-2004, 10:02 PM
I would love to have at least one good burnout pic of my truck! Hope somebody got one before it got too dark when I did my best one.

my2002lightning
12-04-2004, 10:19 PM
Tommy,

I'm looking at a good, clear pic of you getting into it as the smoke started to roll. I'm still getting the hang of the timing of the camera.

It's PC wall-paper material, I'd say. I'll post-up.

I would love to have at least one good burnout pic of my truck! Hope somebody got one before it got too dark when I did my best one.

00Bolt
12-04-2004, 10:24 PM
any good ones of me ??

my2002lightning
12-04-2004, 10:27 PM
Yep, two that I just saw. Good launch.

any good ones of me ??

Silver_2000
12-04-2004, 11:28 PM
Doug,

When you get back to town, could you create a 2005 Talon Classic area to upload these pics to? It seems I've maxed out space in mine and Elaine's accounts. :D Thanks.

Good time and good to see everyone, again !

RonaldRonald the category is here BUT any pictures you upload will count against your quotas .... Assuming that you were both Supporting members that would be a total of 80 mb of pictures....

Doug

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=6061

True Blue Aggie
12-05-2004, 12:06 AM
Couple of pictures have been posted..

Silver_2000
12-05-2004, 12:12 AM
Im uploading 240+ pictures now .... Will take a while ...

my2002lightning
12-05-2004, 03:26 AM
Doug,

I think, possibly, part of the problem with uploads to the new gallery maybe the fact that I/we need to pay dues.:hammer: I don't see your new gallery logged in as Elaine.

I'll check into this tomorrow.

Ronald the category is here BUT any pictures you upload will count against your quotas .... Assuming that you were both Supporting members that would be a total of 80 mb of pictures....

Doug

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=6061

L1nt2B
12-05-2004, 09:39 AM
wow! great pics :tu: