PDA

View Full Version : 22 Inch Rims question?

jim woods
11-13-2004, 11:22 PM
My friend (not computer/internet savy) may purchase the 2002 Black L with 22 inches rims(Kyros) on Ebay. The truck has a massive amount of mods. The only thing that bothers him is the 22 rims. to me, it looks like they would rub in a hard turn or bad bump? He is not worried if the rims hurt performance just look like they would rub. And do 22 inches rims on a L look out of place?Hard to tell from pictures. Just do not want them to look too Overpowering? Do 22 inch rims complement the truck well? Can you lower the truck any?Are there any issues we should be aware about with that Big of a rim. I know tires are going to be expensive. about how much for tires?

Alpine
11-13-2004, 11:32 PM
My friend (not computer/internet savy) may purchase the 2002 Black L with 22 inches rims(Kyros) on Ebay. The truck has a massive amount of mods. The only thing that bothers him is the 22 rims. to me, it looks like they would rub in a hard turn or bad bump? He is not worried if the rims hurt performance just look like they would rub. And do 22 inches rims on a L look out of place?Hard to tell from pictures. Just do not want them to look too Overpowering? Do 22 inch rims complement the truck well? Can you lower the truck any?Are there any issues we should be aware about with that Big of a rim. I know tires are going to be expensive. about how much for tires?22's are for Escalades not Lightnings. :nono: 22's on Lightning in my opinon is just stupid.

TP Derrick D
11-14-2004, 12:06 AM
My friend (not computer/internet savy) may purchase the 2002 Black L with 22 inches rims(Kyros) on Ebay. The truck has a massive amount of mods. The only thing that bothers him is the 22 rims. to me, it looks like they would rub in a hard turn or bad bump? He is not worried if the rims hurt performance just look like they would rub. And do 22 inches rims on a L look out of place?Hard to tell from pictures. Just do not want them to look too Overpowering? Do 22 inch rims complement the truck well? Can you lower the truck any?Are there any issues we should be aware about with that Big of a rim. I know tires are going to be expensive. about how much for tires?

I've seen 22's on a couple L's before. I saw one True Blue with metallic stripes at '03 Fun Ford Ennis. It was lowered right to the top of the tire (no gap) it looked smooth. So I believe with the right rim, tire height(30's) and truck height it can probably be done. I got 20's on mine. You will get different answers from different ideas, simple as that, just like you would if you asked about a hood or bed liner.

wesman
11-14-2004, 01:15 AM
Depends on what he wants the truck for If it's a show truck, sure 22's are fine. If he wants to drive the trucka nd actually expect it to perform 20's is as high as I'd go.

I had 20's on mine and it looked and drove good.....going back to 18's so i can keep the dam n thing on the road.

--wes

jeff56
11-14-2004, 12:50 PM
Got a link...I searched and couldn't find it. If he buys it and doesn't like the 22s, I'm sure he could trade or sell them.

I've been contemplating 22s for my Harley and might even be interested in a trade if he preferred 20s. Bottom line, if it was the truck he wanted, I wouldn't let the rims be the deal breaker.

Shiner1
11-14-2004, 08:03 PM
IMO...22's are :nono: AND 20's are :tu:

PoorSvtman
11-14-2004, 08:13 PM
22 are to big imo for a reg cab truck. It will make it look like a hot wheels car. Even with a drop it will probly still sit near stock height.

Tex Arcana
11-15-2004, 01:50 PM
I like the look of 20's. 22's are too much, tho. My biggest issues are with how they alter the suspension geometry, and what can be done to straighten it out. The weight of the bigger wheels is an issue as well, but can be controlled with bigger shocks and/or spring changes.