PDA

View Full Version : Think im about to join the ex Lightning owners club

PoorSvtman
11-22-2004, 12:36 AM
Think im about to get Rid of the Lightning in one way or another.... Its a fun truck but i like a challenge(sp?) when making a car/truck fast. But adding pullies for more boost,etc is just to easy in my book. Call me a ricer because i know atleast jake and jeff will but i miss my old Civic Si... It was a fun little car. Wasnt fast but with just some mild cams it was pretty peppy. But most of all i had so much suspension work done on the car it would handle like it was on a rail and i loved it... I also met the love of my life because of the civic.

But this next civic will be boosted with a nice big turbo... Ive been hanging out with some of my buds with 400+ boosted civics and ive been drawn back to them....

Heres my old civic Si....
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/419New_Image1-med.JPG

Silver_2000
11-22-2004, 12:44 AM
:banned :banned :banned :flaming: :flaming: :flaming:

PoorSvtman
11-22-2004, 12:48 AM
:banned :banned :banned :flaming: :flaming: :flaming:

:o Yea i know, but its also for a few other reasons as well...

SpeedyBolt
11-22-2004, 12:49 AM
I can't believe what I'm hearing. I'd rather spend a little money to go really fast rather than have to drop 15k just to sound like a pissed off weed-eater with a coffee can tail pipe! :vomit: :vomit: :vomit:

PoorSvtman
11-22-2004, 12:55 AM
I can't believe what I'm hearing. I'd rather spend a little money to go really fast rather than have to drop 15k just to sound like a pissed off weed-eater with a coffee can tail pipe! :vomit: :vomit: :vomit:

You can make a honda fast and not sound like a pissed off weed-eater. But you have to have owned and riddin in a 400+ civic. It will eat the doors off a L.

The full exhaust i had on my civic above was deep and mellow didnt sound anything close to a weed wacker at all...

I know im gonna get a bunch of Sh1t from everyone but most members here have no clue about imports at all.. So talk all the sh1t you want, but when i get my civic back hope you like seeing the ass end of a civic.

PoorSvtman
11-22-2004, 01:04 AM
Also making the L fast is just way to easy.... I mean **** i probly havent broken into 500 bucks and im running 8.2. It was fun but **** it was easy and not even a challenge......

This decsion is also on a personal level as well..... some might not understand but, getting rid of the L would be a huge weight taken off my wallet...

SpeedyBolt
11-22-2004, 01:14 AM
I understand that financially it might be less money but it's still a civic! You could put all the money in the world into a civic and it would never look as good or turn nearly as many heads as a stock lightning! I have run plenty of little ricers that run good. It does not impress me in the least to see a 2000lb tin can going 8.0 or even 7.0, When you push a 5000lb truck to those kind of numbers, thats something! :nana2

PoorSvtman
11-22-2004, 01:23 AM
I understand that financially it might be less money but it's still a civic! You could put all the money in the world into a civic and it would never look as good or turn nearly as many heads as a stock lightning! I have run plenty of little ricers that run good. It does not impress me in the least to see a 2000lb tin can going 8.0 or even 7.0, When you push a 5000lb truck to those kind of numbers, thats something! :nana2

I fully agree with making the truck run 8.0, but you have to think about it, i do all my work on my cars my self. Just adding pulleys and simple bolt ons isnt much of a challenge... Im sry but a 4cylinder runing 8.0-7.0 is impressive for given the size of the motor. The problem with most of the boosted/high hp imports is that they dont do much for improving traction. They make all kinds of traction bars and **** yet no one uses them or slicks for that matter....

Like i said you have to have ridden or have owned a 4 banger to fully understand it... If you dont know anything about a 4 banger then i wouldnt talk **** about them... Maybe ill try talking my friend with a turbo hatch that has handed a few bikes on the highway to come to hallsville

L8 APEX
11-22-2004, 01:25 AM
You just can't help some folks:rll: . I would hate to crash a Civic, pretty much a coffin on wheels IMO:eek2: . See you around:tongue:

02BOLT
11-22-2004, 01:28 AM
Each to his own bro.http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif As far as the L being too easy to make fast, I'm gonna have to respectfully disagree. What you need to understand is that once you're past the "chip, pulley, filter" thing, you pretty much run up against a brick wall in terms of RELIABLE HP production. To go from 8.20's to 7.70's, you're gonna have to drop some serious $$$.

Plus, keep in mind, you're running 8.20's in a 4800lb PICKUP TRUCK! You have to be the very first person I've ever seen who b!tched because they "only" had to spend a few hundred bucks to pick up 3/4 of fricking a second in ET.http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif That's the equivelent of close to 7-8 car lengths!http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/eek.gif

Don't get me wrong as this is not in ANY way intended to come across as a flame. You and only you, know what's best for you financially. And if the L is making things difficult, then you gotta do what you gotta do. Goodluck, and we'll leave the light on for ya over here.

Later,
Robhttp://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif

SpeedyBolt
11-22-2004, 01:31 AM
I'm not trying to piss you off, just trying to give another side! I understand how you feel about owning something and how you will always feel about that car or that type of car. I currently own a '95 Trans Am, '94 Z28,'01 Lightning. Everytime I see a F-body tearing someone a new ass I can't help but think damn-it! As far as just bolting stuff on, Is'nt a turbo a bolt-on??? Now, if you could get a 4-bannger to run 7.0's on motor, that would be impressive! Every import that I have ever seen that is fast is either juicing it to the maxx or turbocharged! No all motor apps!

00Bolt
11-22-2004, 07:52 AM
well if ya cant afford the L, then do what you gotta do... but hate to see another L go...

but look at the bright side, when you lose to me each and every time from now on, you can keep using those ricer excuses and it will be ok.... :rll:

Nuhklz
11-22-2004, 07:54 AM
Did Scott pi$$ you off that much??http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/eek2.gif

To each his own and I respect people that go with what they believe in regardless of what others think.

PoorSvtman
11-22-2004, 10:39 AM
No scott didnt piss me off... Adding a few pullies and a chip to get into the low 8s isnt much of a challenge im sorry if you all think it is just because its a truck. But i can afford the truck but im bored with it... But making a 4banger run better than low 8s is a task and not easy. I have built a few turbo hondas in my day and its alot more of a task and challenge than adding a pulley and a chip

I just need to find me another Si then i will get rid of the truck and start the demodding process...

00Bolt
11-22-2004, 10:47 AM
well if your up for a challenge... then why not work on the truck to get into low 7s and its a task and not easy..... you make it sound like after pulley and chip there is nothing left to do..... just my .02

WA 2 FST
11-22-2004, 10:57 AM
No one is disagreeing that adding pulleys, chip, filter isn't easy. It is. Maybe that's good and bad, seeing that you enjoy tinkering. Trust me, I do too. My time is less and less nowdays to do that kind of thing, but I do understand where you're coming from.

However, here's a challenge... getting a 100% street-legal L into the 11s on radials/low-11s, high-10s on slicks. It is not cheap, nor does it come without some thought, and some blood, sweat and wrench-turning. I'm talking about a daily-driver, too.

How is that less of a challenge than putting cams and a turbo on a Civic? I'm just asking, not being sarcastic. I would say getting a 4800lb vehicle with aerodynamics of a brick to run a great number is just as impressive as getting a 4-banger subcompact there.

Like I said, I understand wanting to go back to something you are familiar with. Someday when my son is a bit older, I'll probably pick up a Fox-bodied Mustang and build something fun and cool. Not 600+rwhp fun, but 400-450 (stock block) and 100% emissions-legal.

Nuhklz
11-22-2004, 10:58 AM
Sorry Mike; I was yanking your chain.

What's improtant is that you're happy with what you do http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/beerchug.gif

No scott didnt piss me off... Adding a few pullies and a chip to get into the low 8s isnt much of a challenge im sorry if you all think it is just because its a truck. But i can afford the truck but im bored with it... But making a 4banger run better than low 8s is a task and not easy. I have built a few turbo hondas in my day and its alot more of a task and challenge than adding a pulley and a chip

I just need to find me another Si then i will get rid of the truck and start the demodding process...

BLACKSUNSHINE
11-22-2004, 01:47 PM
I dont think getting a safe, daily driver 4800 lb brick to run 700 hp+ and getting it in the 10's or lower is easy. But maybe thats just me. BUT whatever floats your boat. If you want to sell off parts let me know.

I need a windshield, black bumper, and new fog lights. ;)

bigdale83
11-22-2004, 04:10 PM
what ever you decide to do is kool, you know me steve and jeff will still hold you a seat up at hooters...maybe even buy you a drink if you get rid of it!

00Bolt
11-22-2004, 04:30 PM
i got 1st dibs on the bed cover

Alpine
11-22-2004, 05:10 PM
i got 1st dibs on the bed cover Mike needs a Civic, his Club SI license plate frame on the L needs a new home! Good luck in your search, hope you find a nice one with a few mods allready.:tu:

03'svtlight
11-22-2004, 05:46 PM
:rll: :rll: :rll: :rll:

StormShadow
11-22-2004, 07:39 PM
but look at the bright side, when you lose to me each and every time from now on, you can keep using those ricer excuses and it will be ok.... :rll:
:eek: :rll: :eek2:

03LightningRocks
11-22-2004, 10:46 PM
i got 1st dibs on the bed cover

And the buzzards begin to circle..........:rolleyes:

PoorSvtman
11-23-2004, 01:36 AM
And the buzzards begin to circle..........:rolleyes:

haha yea, but im not even gonna demodd it till i find the perfect Si with low miles and hardly any mods if any, i still have a shed full of mods from my old Si that i never sold when i went with different stuff...

But for those wanting mods off my truck this all probly wont happen till after xmas. Im pretty serious about this. Ive been talking it over with my mom and she almost slaped me, lol. But This is not realy a finacial reason, i can afford the L. More personal reason, but i wont bore you all with that b/s.

Nuhklz
11-23-2004, 07:41 AM
... but i wont bore you all with that b/s.
C'mon! we need to keep the http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/ronald.gif spirit alive! http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

parts truck
11-23-2004, 08:54 AM
:vomit: :vomit: :throw: :throw:

Wht95Lightning
11-23-2004, 09:16 AM
If you want something that's a challenge, get an SRT10. You'll break the bank trying to make THAT fast. :rll:

UUDLOSE
11-24-2004, 04:04 PM
but, I was once young myself with a limited income, so I understand. :(

But, just so you know, recently while travelling on 360, I watched a Honda Civic hand a Ram Air Trans Am his a$$, and then he challenged me. All he saw was my tail end, :burnout: and yes, he did have a turbo and some juice, and he was spraying. I even let him have a 2 car length head start, and no, there was no other traffic, and it was over quick enough that I didn't stay in it long at all. I was kind of hoping he would try again, but he stayed behind me, about a hundred yards or so.

Anyway, what you drive doesn't dictate who your friends are. It's all for fun anyway. Good luck with the financial side of things. If it makes a difference, money is always tight.

Mike (the original UUDLOSE)

parts truck
11-24-2004, 04:17 PM
Mike I think I am the original UDLOSE. And if you ever raced me you would lose. :rll:

True Blue Aggie
11-24-2004, 05:22 PM
Based on the "join date" and number of posts....its seems as if you are wrong. UUDLOSE is the winner.....:tu:

03LightningRocks
11-24-2004, 05:32 PM
Based on the "join date" and number of posts....its seems as if you are wrong. UUDLOSE is the winner.....:tu:

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/226owned.gif

00Bolt
11-24-2004, 05:39 PM
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/578owned1-med.jpg

bigdale83
11-24-2004, 06:14 PM
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/578owned1-med.jpg
OH SNAP!