PDA

View Full Version : OT: 606rwhp/584rwtq (non-L content)

WA 2 FST
12-03-2004, 04:06 PM
Just had to share...if you're looking for L content, please close and go back to the main menu.

Just picked up my twin-turbo Z06 from 21st Century Musclecars. I upgraded to the Stage 2 package which is a forged rotating assembly built by Lingenfelter. It's 9.0:1 CR, makes 11psi on the street. On the dyno, it only provides enough load to see 10psi, and made 606rwhp/584rwtq on 93 octane pump gas (no tricks). Will still get 28mpg highway.

The Stage 1 made 535/515. 10.0:1 CR and 6.5psi. My virgin pass to the strip netted a 300' spinning 11.60 @ 129. I fully expect the new combo to eclipse 135mph. A guy in Flower Mound has the same set up and he hit 138mph (spinning 10.62 on ET Streets) in admittedly good air. That's a solid high-9 second car on slicks with a banzai, rear-end busting launch! And docile enough to drive every day.

I am going to take my L to the track tomorrow, but it will be hard to leave the Z06 at home. ;) That's ok... I need some seat time in it. Actually hooks up in 2nd with the Nitto DRs. 40-120 in a blink of an eye. :eek2: I plan to get it to Hallsville or up to Thunder Valley in OK sometime this winter.

00Bolt
12-03-2004, 04:08 PM
:bows

BLACKSUNSHINE
12-03-2004, 04:22 PM
Just had to share...if you're looking for L content, please close and go back to the main menu.

Just picked up my twin-turbo Z06 from 21st Century Musclecars. I upgraded to the Stage 2 package which is a forged rotating assembly built by Lingenfelter. It's 9.0:1 CR, makes 11psi on the street. On the dyno, it only provides enough load to see 10psi, and made 606rwhp/584rwtq on 93 octane pump gas (no tricks). Will still get 28mpg highway.

The Stage 1 made 535/515. 10.0:1 CR and 6.5psi. My virgin pass to the strip netted a 300' spinning 11.60 @ 129. I fully expect the new combo to eclipse 135mph. A guy in Flower Mound has the same set up and he hit 138mph (spinning 10.62 on ET Streets) in admittedly good air. That's a solid high-9 second car on slicks with a banzai, rear-end busting launch! And docile enough to drive every day.

I am going to take my L to the track tomorrow, but it will be hard to leave the Z06 at home. ;) That's ok... I need some seat time in it. Actually hooks up in 2nd with the Nitto DRs. 40-120 in a blink of an eye. :eek2: I plan to get it to Hallsville or up to Thunder Valley in OK sometime this winter.

:banned <---J/K thats stupid fast! Nice

tliss
12-03-2004, 04:25 PM
I'm sure we can find someone out there that will lend you a trailer so you can bring both.....I would love to see that thing go down the 1/4!

Tom

WA 2 FST
12-03-2004, 04:34 PM
Thanks guys.

Tom,

I removed my hitch on my truck. Honestly, I have raced two cars in a day at the track. However, I was racing a lot back then, had plenty of seat time in both vehicles ('99 L and '90 Mustang) and so familiarity wasn't an issue.

I haven't driven the Z06 in a month. I am going to get some seat time and put a few miles on it, etc. As I've gotten older, I am even more conservative than I used to be (which, if you know me, says a lot).

I will get it to the track sometime in Jan/Feb, and I'll post here so if anyone wants to head out with me, we can still make it a track day for everyone. I don't know what ET it will run on DRs. Frankly, ET doesn't concern me at all. From a 40mph roll, its a bona-fide 9-second capable car. But I am not going to tear stuff up just to get the 60', 330' times needed to run that kind of ET.

02BOLT
12-03-2004, 06:58 PM
Jeff, Steve and I were out at Hallsville a few weeks ago to see a friend of mine from Houston, who has a yellow '92 C4 w/ a solid roller, nitroused 383cid LT1 based motor. He was competing in the Vette Shootout. That day there was a pretty stout contingency of guys from 21st Century Musclecars. There was at least one Black Stage 1 TT Z06(I'm assuming this is the guy you're referring to----he said he knew you), that was running 10's all day long. There was also some Lingenfelter 427 stroker cars out there as well. We saw one of them run a 10.15 @ 139mph on the motor!http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/eek.gif

Anyway, those things are absolutely AWESOME! Congrats on your numbers.:tu: I just want a ride!:bows

See ya manana...

WA 2 FST
12-03-2004, 07:14 PM
We'll definitely hook up for a ride, Rob.

Yes, that was a "good air" day, and guys were running fast. They had an automatic C5 with a Magnacharger on it running mid-10s on drag radials @ 130mph. There was a black Z06 that had the Stage 2 setup like mine that ran 10.6 @ 138... leaving at 2500rpm on ET Streets. He may have said Stage 1, but he's at 600rwhp, and has the forged motor which = Stage 2.

Then the N/A 427. It is owned/raced by the head tech over there. He is a great driver, powershifting every gear with precision. It puts out ~550rwhp corrected (obviously more HP on that day) and he did indeed run that 10.1 @ 139. :bows I'll never get that out of my car, but then again, I don't feel like installing a new clutch every 100 miles, either.

cpeapea
12-03-2004, 07:22 PM
very cool

rickgig
12-04-2004, 08:15 AM
Wes...

Thanks for taking me along yesterday... all I can say is WOW... what an incredible and awesome ride.

The dyno charts from when you first took the car in over a year ago to where it is at today need to be framed.

Better double your budget for tires… you’re gonna need it!!

WA 2 FST
12-04-2004, 09:05 PM
Wes...

Thanks for taking me along yesterday... all I can say is WOW... what an incredible and awesome ride.

The dyno charts from when you first took the car in over a year ago to where it is at today need to be framed.

Better double your budget for tires… you’re gonna need it!!

Rick,

I appreciate the ride! I hope the 2lb pulley is well worth it! Glad we could get it done. I have to say I have never had one that took two grown men to bust loose the stock pulley. A gorilla must have installed your stocker. :)

I agree about the dyno #s... and the original ones weren't bad to begin with! :d