PDA

View Full Version : TFC closest to dial-in issue

Sixpipes
12-05-2004, 05:09 PM
OK, so I guess I am the race director so I made an executive decision last night during the awards presentation. By our own rules, the winner must have a timeslip to verify results. I violated the rule by giving MadNess the plaque because I thought he ran an 11.90 on an 11.90 dial-in, but we couldn't find the slip. I ran against Madness during the run in question and only glanced at the slip. Someone told me that he hit his dial-in number so I didn't think much of it, especially since I lost the race. So I gave Shane (MadNess) the plaque because he lived in Houston and it was the easiest way to resolve the problem on short notice. However, we agreed to give tliss a plaque as well because he actually won by the rules as they were stated in the driver's meeting.

Well, Doug found the missing slip and Shane's run was actually an 11.987 on an 11.90 dial (delta .087 seconds). Tom's run was 12.768 on a 12.75 dial (delta .018 seconds) so Tom actually did beat Shane for the award. Because I thought Shane ran an 11.90 on an 11.90, I didn't mention that I ran a 15.063 on a 15.05 dial (delta .013 seconds) in the first round. So we actually had three winners for this award. Shane won the award as presented last night, Tom won the award by complying with the rules, and I won by actually having the smallest margin between dial-in and actual run.

So Shane, keep your award and make up whatever story you think you can get away with. I will get with Scott and get a couple of other similar plaques for Tom and myself. I love it when everyone is a winner. :beer:

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/8shane-med.JPG http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/86-med.JPG

tliss
12-05-2004, 05:43 PM
Oh well. There is no need to make up a seperate plaque for me since I technically did not win it. If we want to get technical, on the run I pulled off my closest to dial run on (it was actually a 12.768 on a 12.75 dial, differential of .018), Adam got really close too (12.185 on a 12.12 dial, differential of .065). That would theoretically make 4 winners!

I leave it up to the race coordinator if I should get a plaque or not...either way I am happy.

Tom

Sixpipes
12-05-2004, 06:03 PM
Tom, I made changes to my first post on your numbers. I know it is not a big deal to you, but the plaques are not that costly and as long as Shane, you, and I don't show up at the same place with our plaques, no one will ever know. :D

WA 2 FST
12-05-2004, 06:30 PM
I saw Shane's 11.98 on a 11.90 and thought he nailed it (11.90) because literally 1/3 of the lights on the scoreboard don't work properly. :tongue:

MadNess
12-05-2004, 06:36 PM
see thats why I didnt want to take the plaque, I was guilty of not looking at the slip very close, all I ever looked at was: win yes/no... unless its a new personal best, I just throw all the slips away at the end of the night.. :mad: Let me mail the plaque to you Dennis, you clearly won it :) I dont feel right having something I didnt win. I guess in the future, Ill hangon to all of my slips at these events...

sorry about that guys.. I knew I didnt feel right taking the plaque.

Silver_2000
12-05-2004, 06:42 PM
see thats why I didnt want to take the plaque, I was guilty of not looking at the slip very close, all I ever looked at was: win yes/no... unless its a new personal best, I just throw all the slips away at the end of the night.. :mad: Let me mail the plaque to you Dennis, you clearly won it :) I dont feel right having something I didnt win. I guess in the future, Ill hangon to all of my slips at these events...

sorry about that guys.. I knew I didnt feel right taking the plaque.
Shane

Dont spend money on shipping it - Scotts hookup on the awards makes it easier for us to just get more....

Doug

Sixpipes
12-05-2004, 06:43 PM
Shane, the UPS charges on the plaque will cost more than getting another one. Just keep it and make up a good story. We wanted to error on the side of being good hosts and really appreciate you coming up to the event. :beer:

MadNess
12-05-2004, 06:44 PM
Shane

Dont spend money on shipping it - Scotts hookup on the awards makes it easier for us to just get more....

Doug

Well its not about the money, its about whats right :) I need your address Dennis :)

MadNess
12-05-2004, 06:45 PM
just looked at that slip closer, DAMNIT, I should have kept that one.. its my best mph so far 114!

Sixpipes
12-05-2004, 06:51 PM
Well its not about the money, its about whats right :) I need your address Dennis :)
I forgot where I live. :D

MadNess
12-05-2004, 07:02 PM
I forgot where I live. :D

Ok, someone with Dennis's address PM me please :)

I dont believe in having awards for something you didnt earn, its not right.. I like to earn everything I have, no tricks, straight up :)

Flats Man
12-06-2004, 07:34 AM
MadNess, Sixpipes isn't kidding! Most of the time he really doesn't know where he lives and doesn't know his email address or phone number!

Silver_2000
12-06-2004, 09:00 AM

I dont believe in having awards for something you didnt earn, its not right.. I like to earn everything I have, no tricks, straight up :)
You earned the ability to do what you want with the Plaque. Bonfire - Let andre do a burnout on it.. whatever... Or here is an idea if it bothers you that much - Hang on to it till the next Race event ....

Mark #2
12-06-2004, 05:21 PM

I dont believe in having awards for something you didnt earn, its not right.. I like to earn everything I have, no tricks, straight up :)Shane,
If it would make you feel any better send it to me.

I ran a 11.978 on on an 11.90 dial, so I was .009 seconds closer to my dial versus you. As all have stated, no big deal in keeping it, thanks for coming to the event.

Mark

dboat
12-06-2004, 07:31 PM
Shane,
If it would make you feel any better send it to me.

I ran a 11.978 on on an 11.90 dial, so I was .009 seconds closer to my dial versus you. As all have stated, no big deal in keeping it, thanks for coming to the event.

Mark

NO NO, send it to me.. I wasnt there and could really use a plaque about now.. :evil :evil

Dana