PDA

View Full Version : Whats a good Xbox game?

00Bolt
12-16-2004, 11:38 AM
i have had my xbox since launch and sadly the only games I have ever owned are the Madden series... every year I get the new madden and thats it... I have never even played Halo 1

anyway, Im ready for a new game... im not really interested in a game like Halo where I go around blowing up Aliens.... but Id rather have an army or police game or some type of game that takes strategy to beat... have to look in drawers and find clues, etc... not just run around and blow things up....

anyone reccomend a good game?

Cammin4V
12-16-2004, 11:40 AM
you should actually consider Halo2. Im not a fan of the alien shooting spree games myself, but this game is actually very good.

Just goto Blockbuster and look around and see what you like, they stock most of the new games.

Im a ps2 guy, so i cant help you out much, just figured i would offer my opinion about Halo2.

WA 2 FST
12-16-2004, 12:05 PM
I have PS2 and like the Medal of Honor (WWII) series of games.

Silver_2000
12-16-2004, 12:45 PM
Medal of honor are good but they are mostly shootem up

Halo2 ROCKS

If you want strategy look at the Rainbox 6 games - they are squad based stargegy games - you plan out how your tem will take over a house and rescue a hostage for example

The A great racing game for Xbox is project gotham racing 2 - Great graphics - 5 stars. Ghost recon is another shooting game that is more strategy based

http://www.xbox.com/en-us/games/default

Im not a fan of the open the drawer type games so Im the wrong one to ask

Go to blockbuster and rent 2 that way if you like them buy them if not you saved $45

Doug

Silver_2000
12-16-2004, 12:52 PM
Ill make you a HELL of a deal on a copy of Knights of the old republic - Its a star wars game like what you described

You have to go talk to people and look around to figure out what to do... T here is some fighting but its based on what you do and why

I didnt like it so my copy is in like new shape

Doug

00Bolt
12-16-2004, 01:34 PM
ya i think more of an army/sniper type game is what im looking for... thanks for some examples

00Bolt
12-16-2004, 01:40 PM
omg, i just saw that there is a new Leisure Suit Larry game.... thats hillarious!!!! LLL1 was one of my first games ever back in the day!!! that game rocked!!!

MadNess
12-16-2004, 01:54 PM
If you like driving games:
Project Gotham Racing parts 1 and 2 (fun game, LOTS of cars)
TOCA race driver (very realistic driving models, and damage physics)
NeedForSpeed (arcade like driving, but fun)
NeedForSpeed underground 1 and 2 (ricer cars, however you can go drifting if thats your sort of thing)

If you like to fight:
Soul Calibur 2
Mortal Combat Deception
Rocky (sounds corny, however the fights are actually pretty cool)

If you like odd type games that are sort of different:
TimeSplitters (first person shooter/adventure game)
Jet Set Radio Future (very weird japenese game) fun though

If you are REALLY in to building motors, and changing specs of parts for hotrods to drag race:
NHRA Drag Racing made by Bethesda software (the racing itself is ok, but the setup is VERY VERY detailed)

Those are some of my favorite games out of my collection for Xbox.

MadNess
12-16-2004, 01:55 PM
omg, i just saw that there is a new Leisure Suit Larry game.... thats hillarious!!!! LLL1 was one of my first games ever back in the day!!! that game rocked!!!
Dont get too excited, it actually sucks VERY much... I have it... fun for about 5 minutes, then boring as hell.

00Bolt
12-16-2004, 01:57 PM
what race game was it that had a Lightning in it...??

MadNess
12-16-2004, 02:00 PM
what race game was it that had a Lightning in it...??
Project Gotham racing 2 and TOCA race driver both have the Lightning, as well as the game Ford Racing (its actually not a bad game, just boring and too easy to beat)

00Bolt
12-16-2004, 02:02 PM
which of the Lightning game is the best?

MadNess
12-16-2004, 02:10 PM
all 3 have strong points:

Project Gotham 2: LOTS of cars and LOTS of tracks and you can race the L anywhere! The driving is fun, and the details are stunning

Ford Racing: You get to drive EVERY SVT and some prototypes, limited tracks, repetitive music, details are nice though, driving is more Arcade like

TOCA Race Driver: Very accurate driving, however VERY limited use of the L, only 2 tracks are available for racing the L and both are round oval tracks. In one player mode, with the incab view, you can hear the blower :)

Which would I choose if I where you?
Ford Racing is the cheapest (less than 20 bucks)
Gotham is normal price, and has the most tracks and other cars
TOCA Race Driver is the most accurate driving, however very limited in tracks to drive the L.

Project Gotham or Ford Racing is likely a choice you will like best... Toca can be a VERY hard game!

wesman
12-16-2004, 03:28 PM
Splinter Cell is the sh!t, I have 1 & 2 . If you wanna borrow it you can borrow 1 but i'll be outta town until after the Holidays. I already beat 2, about 3 days after i got it, but I loaned it to my sis-in-law. When I get it back you can borrow it too. It's a Tom Clancy title and if you've ever read any of his books you'll know it's top notch.

I also have Rainbow 6, Invisible War etc etc. They all remind me of when i was in the military so i like to spank the Nazi's every now and again at those :)

Like Doug said, if you aren't sure abouta game, ask or rent it from Blockbuster...better to spend $5 bucks to decide it sucks then $45 and be stuck with an expensive coaster

--wes

i have had my xbox since launch and sadly the only games I have ever owned are the Madden series... every year I get the new madden and thats it... I have never even played Halo 1

anyway, Im ready for a new game... im not really interested in a game like Halo where I go around blowing up Aliens.... but Id rather have an army or police game or some type of game that takes strategy to beat... have to look in drawers and find clues, etc... not just run around and blow things up....

anyone reccomend a good game?

jim woods
12-16-2004, 03:45 PM
Ok, I see that no one has mentioned getting on Xbox Live
This adds a whole new diminsion.I dont even play the against the game anymore. I play only stricty multiplayer on the net.Just playing against real people is so much fun!

You need to get Halo2 and other games that support Xbox Live.
Raven Shield is really cool. You actually have use some thinking skills to play good.I would just get any Xbox Live supported game.

I also have my Xbox connected with Monster Cable to at big screen 60 inch DLP/HD set. The gfx are just awsome!

MadNess
12-16-2004, 04:13 PM
I have xbox live, however its not really my thing... so I dont really play it, I prefer to play either alone, or with someone actually in the same room.

Yea the xbox set with the HD cable and high graphics on my 70 sony is downright breathtaking... I love how Soul Caliber looks... one of my favorite graphics wise.