PDA

View Full Version : Stock '04 Dyno

Tiny Tim
12-20-2004, 05:30 PM
Runnin a bit too lean. Do you agree? I am going to a diff. dyno to see if the #'s are accurate cause if they are I'll have to figure out what to do next. Are the #'s average for a stock '04?

http://j4nash.com/lightning/dyno20041218.jpg

00Bolt
12-20-2004, 05:36 PM
well im no expert, but that seems VERY lean and also pretty darn good numbers fr a stock L, i think they are usually in the 330 range.... i thought around 12:1 range is about as high as ya wanna be.... :confused:

WA 2 FST
12-20-2004, 06:19 PM
Forget Speedworks. I've seen/heard of that A/F meter being off. I witnessed this myself one time.

Go right down the road (just west of them) to RPM. Get it done there.

You're HP/TQ #s look fine. If you were running that lean in REALITY, I believe you'd be experiencing some detonation at the top of 3rd gear, and your HP/TQ graphs would look like a heartbeat monitor (assuming detonation).

Sandman
12-20-2004, 06:31 PM
This issue has come up alot lately. I had something similar happen. See my post here (http://www.talonclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7158).

BC Lightning
12-20-2004, 08:07 PM
your hp/trq numbers look good, the A/F is lean I believe it should be around the 12.0 range, but the sniffer could have something wrong, or not hooked up right. Plus that shop is going to the sh!ts. really bad work and the dyno's are getting bad to. I've used mikes customs in hurst it they seemed pretty accurate. i would try another place just to make sure other than that it looks good :tu:

Tiny Tim
12-21-2004, 09:46 AM
I think I will go to RPM to verify the results. Does anyone know the time that they close? Thanks for the input.

G'Lightning
12-21-2004, 12:31 PM
Forget Speedworks. I've seen/heard of that A/F meter being off. I witnessed this myself one time.

Go right down the road (just west of them) to RPM. Get it done there.

You're HP/TQ #s look fine. If you were running that lean in REALITY, I believe you'd be experiencing some detonation at the top of 3rd gear, and your HP/TQ graphs would look like a heartbeat monitor (assuming detonation). Agreed take it somewhere else.

bigdale83
12-21-2004, 02:45 PM
your hp/trq numbers look good, the A/F is lean I believe it should be around the 12.0 range, but the sniffer could have something wrong, or not hooked up right. Plus that shop is going to the sh!ts. really bad work and the dyno's are getting bad to. I've used mikes customs in hurst it they seemed pretty accurate. i would try another place just to make sure other than that it looks good :tu:
this mikes place is good, nice guy and nice atmosphere, or however you spell that, if it's not to far out of your way.

jim woods
12-21-2004, 04:30 PM
After reading some post saying,"Dont go to Speedworks" , "stay away from Speedworks" on other post. I never been there and have no plan to go there but I am curious why they have such bas image here?

BC Lightning
12-21-2004, 06:25 PM
they blew up a a L with a built motor on the dyno for starters, etc., etc................................. the list is too long :throw:

BLACKSUNSHINE
12-22-2004, 02:20 PM
this mikes place is good, nice guy and nice atmosphere, or however you spell that, if it's not to far out of your way.

Mikes Xclusive Custom