PDA

View Full Version : Sum beach!

L8 APEX
01-16-2005, 03:32 AM
After 164,265 miles and 12 years old blue finally left on me the side of the road. I was headed home about after midnight when she started to sputter, then nothing. The fuel pump had passed:( RIP . Not to mention I had JUST filled up with 21 gallons of fuel so dropping the tank will be fun:hammer:. So I ventured out into the cold to try a few mechanics tricks. When a fuel pump dies you can normally get a few more days or miles out of it. By beating the bottom of the tank while someone cranks it over it usually jars the pump loose enough to get somewhere. As usual I was alone so there was nobody to crank it while I beat it. So I walked around and procured a large rock to beat it with. I wacked that tank like a red headed ex-wife that crashed your Lightning! I got in the truck and it fires back up! Okay I can limp it home only 5 miles away. The bitch locks up a half mile later and never fired again:mad: . So now it is later and colder I call our wrecker service and they send a man out. As I am sitting in my truck getting colder I see two coyotes 75ft in front of the truck. My AR15 is right beside me and I am way behind on coyote killin. I turn on the headlights and brights and they pay ZERO attention to anything I am doing. They are trottling slowly broad side to me bigger than Christmas. I check for cars going by and relize there is a fire station and row of homes behind me. I think of alibys for the cops after I pop these doggys. I could tell them it was my truck backfiring and that is why I am stranded here. But I figured enough things had gone wrong today and these dogs were gods way of torturing me while I froze to death. About an hour later the tow truck arrives. He was very nice and helpful with interesting tow truck driver stories. Like marrying his brothers ex wife who is 58yrs old and has 38, 34 yr old sons:confused: . The man is good at his job though as I asked him to back the truck up on the muffler rack so I can change my fuel pump tomorrow. The sum-bitch did it one try and centered it better than if I drove it up there:bows . I gave hime a $20 tip for the extra effort and bid him adeu. So I will spend my Sunday working on old blue:rolleyes: .

Wht95Lightning
01-16-2005, 05:58 AM
I hate it when that happens.

I'm curious as to why you were driving late at night with an AR15. :evil

jeff56
01-16-2005, 08:42 AM

:evil :cool:

99WhiteBeast
01-16-2005, 09:35 AM
As usual I was alone so there was nobody to crank it while I beat it.

Out of context that doesn't quite sound right:rolleyes:

I wacked that tank like a red headed ex-wife that crashed your Lightning!
That's funny chit right there:rll:

silver01
01-16-2005, 12:06 PM
ARRRRGGGHHH, 99whitebeast, you beat me to it. I was thinking the same thing when i read the first quote. hahah I mean, who else do you know that has these problems

Aggie Mom
01-16-2005, 03:16 PM
Oh if only that truck could talk, I bet she’d have some great stories. I know that week you let me borrow it some of my girlfriends and I went out in it and had a blast! :d :d I guess what “happened in ole blue, stays with ole blue”!

silver01
01-16-2005, 04:18 PM
I be dammmm

L8 APEX
01-16-2005, 07:35 PM
Well the night wasn't over at the tow truck arriving. I get home to find that out of town company who I expected to be gone wasn't. They had in fact decided to stay over night:flaming: . Not wanting to be disturbed by them the next morning I packed a few items and hit the road again now about 3:30AM looking for a hotel. Somehow all of the $59 hotels were full leaving the $100 room open. Motherhumper! it is now 4AM with 11AM checkout and no cash discount full price! I wish I would have had Davids F250 I would have slept at the shop or something. So finally after a hot shower at 4:30AM I finally put an end to the day:rolleyes: . I got up around 10:30 and made checkout. Now to Waffle House to salvage the weekend, not. The new WH in Duncanville is a little different than most... Left after that to Home Depot, then to Orileys they had no AC Delco pump, neither did the local AutoZone. So finally they located one in Cedar Hill. I drove to Cedar hill and returned to the shop with parts in hand. Okay, now how to do this myself with a full tank of gas... I rig up a hose and commence to sucking for fuel. After three or four hits she is flowing good. I was able to siphon out 21 gallons in one session of 10 minutes if that, I used a big hose about 5/8". You know how it flows when you use a big hose:tu: . So I swapped the pump and fired it back up about three hours later. Having a shop rocks! So my Sunday was about lost working on old blue. Now I reak of fuel vapor and have a bit of a headache. It is off to the Cantina for Margaritas and fajitas. I pray for a better week:bows .

L8 APEX
01-16-2005, 07:41 PM

Possible answers:
1) Who doesn't:confused:
2) I work and live in the ghetto and a pistol won't do the job.
3) I was sighting in a new scope earlier that day and headed home.
4) You would to going through Duncanville, Grand Prairie at 1AM.
5) I took it to WalMart to make sure I got the right ammo for it;) .

FRDRCING
01-16-2005, 07:54 PM
Sounds like you had a bad two days, Hope it all goes good next week